Remove Advertisements

[25] Beth'tilac

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Beth'tilac

Postby Claydon » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:22 am

Can anyone shed some light on how they did this.

Currently we either keep to much DPS downstairs to cope with the spiderlings so Beth'tilac enters P2 with 100% health or we push DPS upstairs to help lower her health and we get overwhelmed downstairs.

We tank our drones in the South West corner (as per Tankspot guide). Would it maybe be more useful to tank them in the middle so we could AoE Drones and Spinners.

Also do you get a set amount of spinners per Smoldering Devastation? We always seemed to have 10+ hanging from the roof, even with people taunting them down and killing them. The just seems to be on a constant respawn.

Comp was 3 Tanks (Will be reducing this to two tanks next try)
7 Healers
15 DPS

Thanks
Claydon

Re: [25] Beth'tilac

Postby Dravan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:13 am

We had a similar issue with using the tankspot strat, and your right that for us at least it was much easier to tank the drones in the middle. Basically you want to find the sweet spot between the two spiderling spawns in the back of the room, which means you can drop a frost trap either side of the drone and kill them with aoe as they are incoming. You can kite the drone back a bit to make extra sure they don't hit. For the 3rd spawn of spiderlings near the door we had a lock and hunter taking care of these no problem.

As the only tank downstairs I made sure I had the drone and kited it back when needed, and did my best to pick up the spiners. Incidently I would say its virtually impossible to keep aggro on all the spinners best is to just let people all taunt them down and have them bring them into the 'pile' where they will go down fast. This way you never really need to focus the spinners they go down anyway.

It will be total chaos but if you keep the spiderlings away from drones and try to keep it stacked in the middle then you should be able to transition with nothing up. We were even sending 4 melee up onto the web.

To give you an idea of our gear level we were on 7/13 HC T11. We had her on around 82% when she came off the web and weren't exactly close to death from soft enrage when she died, I would say that it is doable from her being higher hp when she comes down.

Also note the spiderlings heal her if they are alive when she comes down so make them the prio in the transition might be why she is at 100% for you.

EDIT: Our raid setup was 2 tanks 7 healers 16 dps
Dravan

Postby Claydon » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:56 am

Thanks for the reply. Good to see someone killed it with a slightly different strat as we were having a few problems.

We have just started 25man raiding again so we have about 10 people well geared (think they were 9/12hc) and the rest are just in normal 359 gear with a few blues.
Claydon

Postby Dravan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:59 am

That's fairly similar to us then, we had a healthy turn over of people towards the end of the last content.

I would say that with the tankspot tactic we were left scratching our heads as it seemed impossible and we were barely killing the drones and had 20+ spinners alive by the time we wiped.

Just stack it all in the middle and get healers etc to taunt down if they can as well as dps and tanks, it will be total chaos but at least for us it worked.
Dravan

Postby Hiroko » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:15 am

We went with 1 tank and 1 healer upstairs, everyone else downstairs.
Another tank dragged drone to the corner as sugested by Tankspot.
We also had a 3rd tank - warrior with vigilance on the drone tank - constantly taunting down spinners and getting them killed by incidental aoe.

Got hairy towards the end of P2 but our dps was high enough and healers good enough to get us through it.

Not sure we'll go with this strat again but it got us our first kill.
Hiroko

Postby Kerriodos » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:50 am

The Tankspot video seems to be from Aliena, which means it's from the other 13/13H guild on my server. For my guild at least, the DPS requirements were a complete joke, so if other guilds are struggling to meet them using the Tankspot guide I'm going to say it's a gear thing--the strategy they used is tailored to a higher DPS group than 359 gear can give you. Don't try to force yourself into making it work.

Send DPS with little AoE capabilites (ret paladins, etc) up to DPS the boss. For the rest, remember the priority to kill them is Spiderlings>Spinners>Drone. To help with Spinners, taunt them down and get them into the AoE with the spiderlings. If you can field the AoE to kill the spiderlings fast enough, set a DPS or two to focus exclusively on Spinners.
Kerriodos

Postby exiledknight » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:45 am

A few things I would add to this, that we did but it ended up being overkill.

Locks- have them go demo, they can nearly take out a spiderling group before they make it off the frost trap
Hunters/boomkins Split them up and ensure you have one per spawn side
Any other dps with aoe slows should be using them on the spiders(if you have a frost DK they would prob be great for this)
Don't tank the drone in a static place move it based off the spiderlings

We were sending all 7 of our melee up and when they came down they burned the drone while ranged nuked the spiderlings, the tank and up top healers went asap and melee went as soon as the drone was down.
exiledknight

Postby Dravan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:57 am

I think the priority is spiderlings>drones>spinners. You don't want too many of anything alive but spinners are the only ads that don't have an extra 'if you don't kill me in time your in trouble' ability.
Dravan

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)