Remove Advertisements

[10] baleroc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] baleroc

Postby Jaitee » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:48 pm

so i downed baleroc last night thought id share some of my thoughts on the fight here since there isnt a thread for it already

the fight is quite easy from a tanking perspective we used the one tank strat and got it on about our 8th attempt the only part we had trouble with was the healers getting the hang of the stacking healing buff after they got that down we had no trouble

the fight becomes available after beating shannox

for inferno blade use your CDs save guardian for later on or if your healers call out that they made a mistake with their stacks inferno blade can be dodged/parried and im pretty sure blocked inferno blade dosnt really hit to hard even later in the fight

decimation blade was the one that we had trouble with the most we eventually got our healers rotating in such a way that when it comes up our holy pally would switch to healing me each time the damage from this cant be mitigated through CDs no matter what it hits for 90% of your health even with guardian up ardent defender will still save you though if you get killed from this the only way we found to reduce the damage was to have our holy pally bubble then hand of sacrifice me
and im not sure if this is a bug but a few times when he would swing with decimation blade up i wouldn't take damage not sure what happened there since the ability is ment to be unavoidable

lay on hands is quite weak on this fight it dosnt take into account your increased health from the debuff so near the end of the fight it will only heal you for about 1/5th of your health pool
Jaitee

Re: [10] baleroc

Postby PsiVen » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:25 pm

Decimation blade is definitely avoidable, but I think it is unblockable.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Jaitee » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:35 pm

PsiVen wrote:Decimation blade is definitely avoidable, but I think it is unblockable.

oh i just read the tooltip again i thought it said cant be dodged or parried! must have gotten it confused with something else
Jaitee

Postby Chicken » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Technically speaking the fight is available the moment Shannox has spawned. You'll likely want to have him killed anyway though, nothing puts a damper on a run back like running into a patrolling boss.
Chicken

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:58 pm

That was a boss? I just thought it was a lil harder trash mob.. He was a joke. The fact that you can dodge decimation blade makes it completely trivial.

Its like oh look I dodged one, Hit me with the second one, ( dont even bother healing me I hit my AD), AD procs off of third hit, and I get healed up.

What is the solo tank strat? Because I don't like the idea of having a million blaze of glory stacks during the normal physical stage?
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Jaitee » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:35 pm

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:
What is the solo tank strat? Because I don't like the idea of having a million blaze of glory stacks during the normal physical stage?

you just have one tank and tank him the whole time the healing outside of the blade phases isnt bad if your healers can keep you up during the blade phases then they can keep you up easily during the non blade phases and it lets you bring another DPS which shortens the fight a bit by the time the boss died im not sure how many stacks i had but i had just broken the million HP barrier and the healers never had a problem keeping me up after they got their stuff together after a few attempts
Jaitee

Postby Taeron » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:36 am

So is this one tank strategy valid for a regular group or is it only viable if you're super pro (at least your healing team is)? We're trying this tonight so I'd like to know what would be the best way for us to quickly learn and master this fight.

With 1 tank approach, what are the things a tank has to look for?
Taeron

Postby Ezelyn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:21 am

Taeron wrote:So is this one tank strategy valid for a regular group or is it only viable if you're super pro (at least your healing team is)? We're trying this tonight so I'd like to know what would be the best way for us to quickly learn and master this fight.

With 1 tank approach, what are the things a tank has to look for?

Down last night, maybe 4 attempts.
Hope my explanations can help you :

We 2 tanked it (and i'm pretty sure it's the easier way for your healing team) like this :

one tank start the fight, takes 2-3stacks and the MT taunt. He will be tanking the whole fight except decimation blades. When Baleroc pop decimation the tank with 2-3 stacks taunt and takes hits. It's way more easier for your healing team because decimation blade does only 250k dammage on him (your 3stacks tank should have maybe 300k Hp). That way, in 3 seconds a soloheal can bring him top before the second strike.
When decimation fade, the real MT takes him again and pop CD when he is hurting with inferno blades.

For your healers, it's really simple : in our raid we were 2 paladin and 1 drood, but you can use the same strategy 'till you have 2 direct healers (no droods!)
I heal the tank during the first shard. One other healer (paladin priest chaman..) get his stacks on the shard's target. When the shard fades, he takes the tank and i take the next shard.
The important fact for your healer is : they can't get more stacks if they are under "Flamme vitale" (french name sorry), they have to wait the end of it, regain their "Étincelle vitale" before getting more stacks. So : "never ever help on tank healing when you are suppose to gain more stacks, because only one heal will prevent you from stacking during 15sec."

The last advice would be : don't forget the enrage
Ask your MT2 to go far away and taunt when he enrages. Our 1% wipe was so awefull.

If you stay in your idea with only 1 tank. The only change is when his decimation blade does 1million and your healers have to heal this in 5sec :D
Ezelyn

Postby Shathus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:42 am

Are you basically at full Vengeance for this fight? I know on Chimaeron when you'd take the big damage from Double Strike, it would stack you up pretty good, didn't know what it was like when you've got 500k+ HP and are taking big damage from his increased attacks or did they account for that?
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:54 am

Vengeance didnt seem to go any higher with the added HP buff.
Even at 600k hp, my vengeance remained unchanged.
Treck

Postby Chicken » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:56 am

Despite the wording vengeance is based on your stamina not your health, so the fight doesn't do much to how high your vengeance can get. The high hits should cap it out pretty quickly when you're tanking though.
Chicken

Postby Shathus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:20 am

Yah sorry, I didn't mean stack up in that you'd get 100,000 AP, just seemed that it would stack quickly (and stay stacked).

Thanks
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Scarzi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:29 pm

You can dodge/parry/miss decimation blades, can't block...I mean you can but since you are over 250k you still lose 90% hp no matter what. Best thing to do is stack as much dodge/parry as possible or just let a DK tank which can dancing blade it(50% parry).

No damage reduction abilities work, the ardent defender PROC will save you aswell as guardian spirit. Other then that its just RNG from avoidance stats if your healers fail to get you over 90% HP. Intervenes work from warriors and pets if you want to sac them for the cause :lol:

Spirit link is also a easy way to heal a tank, because its not based on AMOUNT of HP, its PERCENTAGE.
Last time I checked, 38% dodge is better then stacking stamina.
Scarzi

Postby Lumenactio » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:53 pm

We spent about an hour on him last night. Our best attempt was 12%. Healers were pretty much OOM'd by then. We were doing the 1 tank, 4 dps in the rotation. The primary issue seems to stem during later in the fight when the dps are doing the torment stacks I seemed to always fall behind in health from the healers being low mana or whatever.

I just reforged mastery off my gear for this fight and subbed in a couple of pure avoidance pieces. I'll see if that makes any difference on Sunday.

Can we bubble taunt one of the decimation attack hits if needed? I didn't try it last night, but thought it might work if I feel it's necessary. Is it possible for a DK to taunt and AMS one of the hits?

Looks like the decimation blade is just 3 hits after looking at my logs and such last night. So getting rid of 1/3rd of them now and then would make the fight that much easier. It's prob do it on the middle one. So incase I get hit by the first, the healers have more like 6 seconds to get me up just incase I get hit by the 3rd. Reminds me of Heroic Chim.
Lumenactio

Postby Arincia » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:11 pm

here's an interesting tactic i read. I'm just wondering if I'm overlooking something on it to see how healers are keeping the stacks up doing it this way. Going to be trying this boss this weekend and just wondering how viable it could be. (like can you keep stacks up constantly or do they reset forcing you to rebuild them up)
Arincia

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)