Remove Advertisements

[10H] Omnitron Defense System

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10H] Omnitron Defense System

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Sorry if there is already a thread for this but I didn't see it for 10 or 25 man. This is gonna be the last heroic we'll be doing before we kind of settle down and start preparing for firelands. Kind of really want to make sure we rock it this Thursday so wanted to give group set up and ask for suggestions on when we should be popping CD's ( all relative to the golem comp of course)

Tanks:
2 Prot Paladins( Divine Guardian/Radiance/Glyphed Divine Protection/ Hand of Sacrifice)

DPS:
Destro Lock ( possibly affliction for self healing?) since bane of havoc will break shield anyways not sure what is better, but then again nether ward = amazing!
Frost DK ( presume should be good on adds for slows, and AMS, and IBF are always good)
Arcane Mage ( Can the stack of things from arcanatron stack? Like can the mage attack him when the shield is up and then just steal multiple stacks?
Mut Rogue ( Even though I think combat is better for most fights he can't play that spec)
Marks Hunter ( Useless other than good damage, and he brings 5 percent crit pet)

Healz:
Resto Druid- Just uber alternating tree/tranq pending on the combo
Resto Shaman-Spirit link totem is never bad, and chain heal
Priest- Cant decide if he should be disc/holy but my mind is honestly on disc way to many useful CD's

I just don't know if there are any good tips though. Maybe if someone just has suggestions for certain combos. I was planning on rotating cooldowns for every security measure pretty sure he does 2 total each time, and 2 laser beams ( we'll hand of sacrifice both of those).

I'm planning on using like dodge trinkets/such just whenever there is a lot of AoE damage just so they dont have to spam heal me back up.

So just any tips for the different combos would be great. I appreciate it.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Re: [10H] Omnitron Defense System

Postby inthedrops » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:31 pm

I can't offer any 10 specific or composition tips. But I'll tell you what wiped us plenty, some can still wipe us.

1. Make sure the entire raid fully understand Static Shock and how not to proc it (from Electron). When I'm tanking Electron, I pull him out really far the moment the other golem becomes active. I do this so that those people who can't seem to keep their hands off their AoE buttons don't proc Static Shock.

2. As a tank, ALWAYS use a cooldown when you get sucked into the gas cloud. Always. The healers have a ton to worry about right there.

3. When Magmatron and Arcanotron are active, make sure Magmatron isn't very close to Arcanotron at all. If Arcanotron drops a puddle, and it expands before you can move Magmatron out, and Magmatron starts casting his flame torrent thing, it's an instant raid wiper.

4. Make sure people who get the Lightning Shock and Shadowfusion (I think that's the name of the ability Nef procs for that one) are NOT standing in Arcanotron's puddles!!! It's an instant raid wiper.

Besides understanding the mechanics of the fight, you'll want to have a clear plan/expectation as to where you expect the golems and the raid to be for any given scenario. There are a lot of strats out there so just pick one and get started.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:04 am

Really good suggestions. Absolutely what I was looking for.

Do you know if the static shock thing can be bubbled/iceblocked off? Also it sounds crazy but I feel like a DK should be able to AMS as soon as he has static shock and the shadow infusion wouldn't go off because it is technically a debuff?

This should be all pretty simple. Thanks for the tips, and inthedrops you were awesome at the start of cata I did the solotanking cho'gall thing because of you and it was amazing. Look foward to rocking out firelands with the maintankadin community this summer!
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:41 am

Just a quick clarification. Static Shock is the ability that procs when someone hits Electron while his shield is up. It will wipe your raid.

The ability you're talking about is called Lightning Conductor. Nef can turn Lightning Conductor into Shadow Infusion.

I don't think you can remove it because Shadow Infusion, if it happens, happens 5 seconds after Lightning Conductor. Your boss mods will yell at you right when the person gets Lightning Conductor that they ALSO have Shadow Conductor. So they step out for ~5 seconds, then step right back into the raid while Shadow Infusion pulses.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby exiledknight » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 am

You can bubble, IB, Feign, cloak etc the flamethrower which done at the raid time can be a huge raid saver.
exiledknight

Postby Belloc » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:20 pm

Warlock: The only shield that Bane of Havoc will have any effect on is Magmatron's shield, as that is the only shield that can "break." The rest of the shields just proc every time someone casts/melees that boss while it's up.

Bane of havoc is fantastic on this fight, to be honest. Here is how I've always used it: Bane of Havoc on either Arcanotron, Electron, or Toxitron when the next mob becomes active. Never use Havoc on Magmatron. When a mob with Bane of Havoc deactivates, the Bane of Havoc remains active and will continue to contribute damage. Change Bane of Havoc targets whenever the current DPS target is the one with Havoc.

Havoc damage cannot proc the shields of Electron, Arcanotron, or Toxitron. I don't think pets can either, but I could be mistaken. All of this + Nether ward = destro warlocks are great.

We save raid cooldowns for Security Measures. If you happen to get a Security Measure + Shadow Conductor, you'll definitely want to use a cooldown.

But the biggest tip of all: Expect to wipe. This is one of the really tough heroic fights to learn. It's not hard to repeat, but learning it will probably take you several nights and it will be some of the most frustrating raiding that you'll experience. Good luck.
Belloc

Postby warden » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:24 pm

One of our warlocks made this; hopefully you find it as helpful as we did. The video is of a 25 man, but the individual mechanics breakdown is applicable to either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76V8iMk0vQk

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:59 pm

Well spec out of Eye for an Eye!! Apparently it procs the electron shield!! Only took us 36 attempts which wasn't bad, but we had some pretty bad stuff before we finally figured it had to be eye for an eye proccing the shield.

Also good interupts and saving CD's for slimes are key!

Knowing when to be in the power generators are good too.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:44 am

inthedrops wrote:Just a quick clarification. Static Shock is the ability that procs when someone hits Electron while his shield is up. It will wipe your raid.

The ability you're talking about is called Lightning Conductor. Nef can turn Lightning Conductor into Shadow Infusion.

I don't think you can remove it because Shadow Infusion, if it happens, happens 5 seconds after Lightning Conductor. Your boss mods will yell at you right when the person gets Lightning Conductor that they ALSO have Shadow Conductor. So they step out for ~5 seconds, then step right back into the raid while Shadow Infusion pulses.

You can indeed bubble/cloak/feign the shadow conductor and prevent it from going off.

Magmatron's AoE was heavily nerfed in 4.1; I would advise saving raid CDs for shadow conductors instead, especially if they happen to line up.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)