Heroic Conclave 25: Rohash Help

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Heroic Conclave 25: Rohash Help

Postby Sharkattack056 » Fri May 13, 2011 7:24 am

My guild has been putting some attempts on Heroic Conclave of Wind 25 man. We pretty much have all the mechanics down to complete the encounter, EXCEPT the people on the Rohash platform. I was not on that platform, I wan on the Anshal platform, however, people on vent would always call wipe right after the first wind blast, and I couldn't understand what was so hard about it. After about an hour, we took a short break, and I went online to look at other guild's attempts at Conclave, and more specifically, how they dealt with Rohash. What the people on Rohash's platform claim to be the problem is that the tornadoes seem to block off the group's path as they're trying to run away from the Wind Blast. This meant that the people on the platform would either have to run through a tornado, or get hit by the Wind Blast. When my guild master got tired of the wipes, he went onto the Rohash platform to see what the problem was. He claims it was incredibly easy to dodge the tornadoes and the Wind Blast, and to further prove his point, he did one attempt while on walk the entire time, and still made it. They claim it's easier for him since he is a melee class, and they are mostly ranged classes. Here's my question: What would the proper strategy be for players on the Rohash platform to effectively prevent getting blown off by the Wind Blast and tornadoes?
Sharkattack056

Re: Heroic Conclave 25: Rohash Help

Postby Meloree » Fri May 13, 2011 7:51 am

Sharkattack056 wrote:Here's my question: What would the proper strategy be for players on the Rohash platform to effectively prevent getting blown off by the Wind Blast and tornadoes?

Here's what we do: Rohash can aim his Wind Blast at any player - including players on different platforms - so we set up all our ranged at Rohash with their backs to Anshal/Al'akir's platform, and the melee on the opposite side. Most of the time, the Wind Blast will point at the ranged group, and they can take 2 steps right and keep DPSing. Sometimes it points at Melee, and they can take 2 steps right and keep DPSing. Sometimes it points at Nezir platform, and the melee will have to move left by about 30 degrees.

Of course, I've never actually been on Rohash platform, but that's what the boys and girls who were involved over there worked out, way back when, and it seems to work well.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby superworm » Fri May 13, 2011 9:07 pm

Meloree wrote:
Sharkattack056 wrote:Here's my question: What would the proper strategy be for players on the Rohash platform to effectively prevent getting blown off by the Wind Blast and tornadoes?

Here's what we do: Rohash can aim his Wind Blast at any player - including players on different platforms - so we set up all our ranged at Rohash with their backs to Anshal/Al'akir's platform, and the melee on the opposite side. Most of the time, the Wind Blast will point at the ranged group, and they can take 2 steps right and keep DPSing. Sometimes it points at Melee, and they can take 2 steps right and keep DPSing. Sometimes it points at Nezir platform, and the melee will have to move left by about 30 degrees.

Of course, I've never actually been on Rohash platform, but that's what the boys and girls who were involved over there worked out, way back when, and it seems to work well.

I didn't realize that Rohash is blasting towards people. If it's true, wouldn't it be easier if you let your melee just stand in the line to the Anshal platform, together with the ranged? In this case, everyone just need to mindlessly strafe right several steps when the wind blast comes.
superworm

Postby Meloree » Sat May 14, 2011 12:53 pm

superworm wrote:I didn't realize that Rohash is blasting towards people. If it's true, wouldn't it be easier if you let your melee just stand in the line to the Anshal platform, together with the ranged? In this case, everyone just need to mindlessly strafe right several steps when the wind blast comes.

Splits up the tornados a bit to have two camps, they tell me.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby superworm » Sat May 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Meloree wrote:
superworm wrote:I didn't realize that Rohash is blasting towards people. If it's true, wouldn't it be easier if you let your melee just stand in the line to the Anshal platform, together with the ranged? In this case, everyone just need to mindlessly strafe right several steps when the wind blast comes.

Splits up the tornados a bit to have two camps, they tell me.

It makes sense. We will try this strategy next time.
superworm

Postby Herrbjorn » Wed May 18, 2011 8:27 am

We switched to positioning the ranged group on the landing pad from the entrance platform and melee directly opposite. This dropped the number of Wind Blast deaths to 1 in 4 attempts and we got the kill, after wiping last week with many unfortunate Wind Blast deaths.

For the second Wind Blast, have one of the people who stays for the Ultimate call out when it ends for a jump back. If ranged jumps back before the cast is over they run the likely chance of being knocked off whether or not Rohash is facing towards the slipstream.

I moved two people that started on Anshal over to Rohash after the first Ultimate to nuke the Storm Shield and had ranged jump back after the Shield was down. This let our ranged ignore the 2nd and 3rd Wind Blasts. We are very ranged heavy, with 6 ranged and 3 melee on Rohash and 5 ranged on Anshal, at the third Ultimate Rohash was at ~5%, Nezir at 10% and Anshal at 40%. Popped hero and nuked, I don't think we saw a 4th Wind Blast.
Herrbjorn

Postby PsiVen » Thu May 19, 2011 7:02 pm

I believe Rohash points at people on any platform, not just the ones on Rohash's platform. So the only way to coordinate it to completely avoid moving would be to line up with everyone on one other platform doing the same. That way he would either point straight at you or off to the side where you don't have to worry about it.

I have to say though, it's not hard to avoid even if you have no idea where it will be. Don't take excuses, get them to pay attention to his facing when he starts casting it.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Sharkattack056 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:07 am

Honestly, I don't think there is an excuse for getting hit. The next day we attempted it, not as many people died, but still it wasn't acceptable. Their main concern was that the ranged would need to take the time killing the shield, and would only have a very short amount of time actually running from the Wind Blast. If we can survive 2 final abilities, we easilly have the boss down, but it seems 90% of our wipes are because of Rohash.
Sharkattack056

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)