Remove Advertisements

[10] Sinestra

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Sinestra

Postby madmessias » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:35 am

Had some problems with this, we always had the third whelppack spawning in p2even if we used hero in P1.. Was our mainproblem until we went two healers, altho next week we Will have ouR discpriest.. Maybe we can 3heal with that. Anyone know how long time we have in P1 to not get à whelp pack in P2?
madmessias

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:59 am

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:Spriest
Arc Mage
Ele Shaman ( he is normally resto but does good damage)
Hunter
Frost DK
Warlock ( Would it be better to have him go desto for nether protection)

In case you're still on this, this was similar to our comp. We just had our frost DK solo the spite caller interrupts with IIRC Hungering Cold and Death Grip. Our hunter was also DPSing and would scatter one as a backup, and our Warrior tank was theoretically Intim-Shouting too, but I'm not sure if he actually ever did - the DK got 99% of the interrupts himself, and the caller generally died by the time it had tried to cast twice.
Last edited by fafhrd on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:07 am

madmessias wrote:Had some problems with this, we always had the third whelppack spawning in p2even if we used hero in P1.. Was our mainproblem until we went two healers, altho next week we Will have ouR discpriest.. Maybe we can 3heal with that. Anyone know how long time we have in P1 to not get à whelp pack in P2?

We were generally more concerned about beating the Wrack timer so we could get into P2 without another Wrack being cast, and trying to beat that seems to beat the 2nd Whelp pack too (and as we discovered later, the Whelps are a much bigger problem than the 2nd wrack, but since we were avoiding the latter, the former got avoided too).

We did 3 heal, but in P1 our disc priest helped on DPS a fair bit, and I think our resto shaman helped a bit too - practice seems a big part of it, the first night of attempts, even with heroism we could barely manage the timer, but by the second we were getting to P2 with a few seconds to spare even without heroism - and you're probably want to do it without heroism in P1 since you'll want it in P3.

So... try to get your healers helping out in P1 dps a bit, make sure everyone is pre-potting every attempt, make sure people aren't moving unnecessarily to avoid orbs/cutters, make sure your tanks aren't taking eternity to put up stuff like sunders, etc. Threat needs to be high, you can't gave anyone having to hold back on the pull - this can be rough since for instance your mage may not be able to use Mirrors/Invis to control his threat while doing 45k dps on the pull because if he gets an orb on him while Mirrored the orb just wanders off to kill someone else without always drawing the usual line. To buy a few extra seconds of DPS, you can reset the boss with FD/vanish, and move the whole raid into position while she's despawned - when she comes back, you'll have a several seconds on animation before you get into combat so figure out times for pre-pots and go nuts on her as soon as she's attackable.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby madmessias » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Ok so Thanks for all the help, we are now consistantly getting into p3, and I'm picking pup the adds as a prot pala tanking them on the side of the raid, and just judging and AS on sinestra, but can't I single target adds down by myself while doing nothing? Then I just move from the puddle for the big aoe.
madmessias

Postby Galiks » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:21 am

madmessias wrote:Ok so Thanks for all the help, we are now consistantly getting into p3, and I'm picking pup the adds as a prot pala tanking them on the side of the raid, and just judging and AS on sinestra, but can't I single target adds down by myself while doing nothing? Then I just move from the puddle for the big aoe.

You can do that if you want - usually I find myself having to stand out of the raid anyways due to DPS classes that AoE in their normal rotation (moonkins and starfall for example) and myself having to throw extra DPS on the whelps just to hold threat. This damage alone makes it sketchy to not accidentally kill one, especially when a second group lands and you have to AoE to pick them up as well. I don't think its possible to safely rely upon killing all 5 whelps one-by-one either before another pack lands.

Under ideal terms, if you're 2-healing it, I recommend putting single-target damage in on Sinestra until the second pack in P3 lands, then take them out of the raid into a corner and call for AoE. Just be careful that a DPS class isn't putting too much damage into them by accident before the second pack lands. Then go stand in melee as they rez, shield wall and AoE them down the second time. After this, bubble your stacks and continue to DPS Sinestra. Once the third pack lands in P3, bring them out of the raid and single-target them down yourself while you move around. I do this since we don't have to AoE the whelps down once again, and she's normally dead before shit hits the fan. She should be dead shortly after the fourth pack of whelps land if things go right.
Prot Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
Moonkin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ice/simple
Prot Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... osh/simple

<Rehabilitation Clinic> GM/RL
rcazgalor.guildlaunch.com : 13/13H 10-man: Mon-Wed 7-11 World #49 Overall

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231362/

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)