Remove Advertisements

[10] Heroic Valiona & Theralion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Heroic Valiona & Theralion

Postby Metherlance » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:55 am

Ezelyn wrote:We will try this tonight, without rogue.
Comp :
fire mage
shadow priest
elemental shaman
Boomkin (our feral tank 2nd spec)
Retladin
Enhancement Shaman
Healadin HolyPriest RestoDrood
and a tankadin (yeah 3 paladin and 2 priest, we enjoy T11 tokens)

Plans to put :
Elemental+mage + heal in the first vague
Retladin+ Shadow + heal in the second
with the mage and the retladin staying longuer than 2 others after a reset (DS, IB)

Does it sound OK ?

In my opinion it's a bit overkill to send 3 people there. 2 dps is more than enough, but most certainly will take a few wipes for them to learn how to survive as long as possible. Our healers are really low on mana on the end of the fight so I could guess using just 2 healers upside will drain them oom too early.

hope our tankadin can solotank it with his commandements :
- have 3 HP, be topped off before the 5 stacks, rotate CD GoAK/ AD+Divine
should he taunt/bubble/cancelaura the first 4 stacks ?

Yeah he should/will be OK.

I'm still questionning when do you send people in the twilight ? on the last dazzling before transition valiona/tera ?
and when you've got teralion, when do you send guys ?

Our first dps goes with the last dazzling as they are pretty hard to spot down there so it's safer that way. Our second dps goes with the tank, meaning you stand on top off the tank when he gets fifth debuff.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chromaggus/Metherlance/advanced

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance

Postby Saltycracker » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:50 am

Does anyone know if the Twilight Meteorite damage is split with pets, like a DK's ghoul or a hunter pet?

Big Crits - The Reality Webshow about Raiding in the World of Warcraft: Real People Conquering a Virtual World.
http://www.bigcrits.com
Saltycracker

Postby Belloc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:15 am

Saltycracker wrote:Does anyone know if the Twilight Meteorite damage is split with pets, like a DK's ghoul or a hunter pet?

It isn't.
Belloc

Postby timoseewho » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:17 pm

My guild is also about to work on this. Does Twilight Meteorite hit melee (assuming we have sufficient at ranged)? How many stacks of twilight debuff is considered unsafe? Lastly, is it not as good to go to the twilight phase via the tank's phasing debuff since that gives you ANOTHER debuff in the twilight phase? This is how I imagine the 2-group DPS rotation would be done: 2 DPS goes in on third Dazzling Destruction and comes up before the first Deep Breath with the next 2 DPS going in for the third breath with them coming up before the next first destruction, is this correct?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Belloc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:04 pm

If you can arrange to go in when the tank gets phased, do so. It deals less damage than the alternatives.

Also, try not to use deep breaths to phase. The first tick of the fire will phase you, the second tick will kill you. It's possible not to take that second tick, but why risk it?
Belloc

Postby Saltycracker » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:26 am

PsiVen wrote:Guardian Spirit, Cauterize, etc. do not work to soak a solo Blackout, they will die anyway.

Not true, we abused GS on our kill. Iirc, we also had a mage solo one with cauterize.

We had the problem of losing the DPS we sent to the twilight realm without heals, so we just used a Sub Rogue and had the tank clean up adds (2 Tanking it obv). If we needed to do an add purge, we sent a healer+boomkin down to dot everything and gtfo.

Big Crits - The Reality Webshow about Raiding in the World of Warcraft: Real People Conquering a Virtual World.
http://www.bigcrits.com
Saltycracker

Postby Brutalus » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:14 pm

Cauterize works if you let the Blackout expire, rather than healing them up to remove it, whereupon it doesn't work. I believe GS also works in this way, but a GS on its own isn't enough on 25 Heroic at least, but it sounds as if it is on 10man.
Brutalus

Postby Ezelyn » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:08 am

Do you guys have sometimes a third blackout during transition phase ?
Ezelyn

Postby Belloc » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:25 am

Ezelyn wrote:Do you guys have sometimes a third blackout during transition phase ?

I believe we sometimes get a third blackout at the end of the second Valiona phase.
Belloc

Postby Treck » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:03 am

I dont know why, but yes sometimes she casts a 3rd blackout during/after Dazzling destruction.
Its pretty rare tho, but it happends, and can happen both first and second time valiona is down, i would assume it can happen every time she is down, but you rarely have her lift off 3+ times.
Treck

Postby Meloree » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:25 am

Treck wrote:I dont know why, but yes sometimes she casts a 3rd blackout during/after Dazzling destruction.
Its pretty rare tho, but it happends, and can happen both first and second time valiona is down, i would assume it can happen every time she is down, but you rarely have her lift off 3+ times.

We must be doing something wrong, she casts the third one EVERY time on her second liftoff, and never on her first. We just sac the third one (unless we luck into it being someone who can immune it off) and keep going. That's on 25s, though.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:15 am

Meloree wrote:
Treck wrote:I dont know why, but yes sometimes she casts a 3rd blackout during/after Dazzling destruction.

We must be doing something wrong, she casts the third one EVERY time on her second liftoff, and never on her first. We just sac the third one (unless we luck into it being someone who can immune it off) and keep going. That's on 25s, though.

On 25s we almost always get a 3rd one at the second liftoff, and we'll very rarely get one at the first liftoff.
baleogthefierce

Postby PsiVen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Yes, I would say 98% of the time we get a 3rd Blackout on her second liftoff and maybe 2% of the time we get a 3rd Blackout on her first liftoff. This timing doesn't seem to be any different between normal/heroic (although notably most guilds considering heroic modes will have gone several weeks without seeing Valiona live that long).
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Strendarr » Mon May 09, 2011 10:03 am

Here's a strategy for heroic that I thought up that helped my guild manage blackouts more safely.

Before the pull I put down 3 markers 10 yards apart, in a (slightly curved) line. When blackout is cast, people run towards the first marker. They never hesitate. If they aren't going to get to the first marker at the same time as other people (if they're farther away) then run towards the second marker instead. By around the time the group is on top of the second marker, the debuff gets healed off (dispelled) and people go back to where they were. The third marker is there mainly to give people a direction to keep moving in, or if its a little slow on the dispell, so that way people don't just stop on the second marker.

Anyhow, twilight blasts never land on the group yet they stay grouped up enough to soak the blackout damage.
Strendarr

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:09 am

Strendarr wrote:Here's a strategy for heroic that I thought up that helped my guild manage blackouts more safely.

Before the pull I put down 3 markers 10 yards apart, in a (slightly curved) line. When blackout is cast, people run towards the first marker. They never hesitate. If they aren't going to get to the first marker at the same time as other people (if they're farther away) then run towards the second marker instead. By around the time the group is on top of the second marker, the debuff gets healed off (dispelled) and people go back to where they were. The third marker is there mainly to give people a direction to keep moving in, or if its a little slow on the dispell, so that way people don't just stop on the second marker.

Anyhow, twilight blasts never land on the group yet they stay grouped up enough to soak the blackout damage.

This is kind of confusing? Maybe I"m just slow. Mind elaborating?

I have more questions I'll post after I watch Glee! Just wanted to read through all this to make sure they weren't answered first.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)