[10] Heroic Conclave of Four Winds - Looking for help

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Heroic Conclave of Four Winds - Looking for help

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Sun May 15, 2011 11:19 pm

Oh so you mean like get aggro on them and then before spores, just get a snare up, holy wrath and run until the spores end?
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Técaro » Mon May 16, 2011 12:12 pm

I use holy wrath stun when I tank it, but there's always a frost trap up as well. I just stun and run away, even if I do miss the timing slightly I can just kite till spores are off and then kill them, safe enough and it works.
Técaro

Postby PsiVen » Mon May 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Well, unless both tanks are paladins you can't rely on Holy Wrath stun -- you need a plan that works for both. They could be different, but that gets confusing.

Howling Blast is your best bet, followed by daze-talented Multi-Shot. Ring of Frost, Hungering Cold, Holy Wrath, Frost Trap and Fungal Growth are pretty hard to use unless you time them perfectly or at least combine them.

As a paladin with a Frost DK snaring, I taunt and HW stun them in a pile as soon as the spores end to keep them from moving around. By adding my DPS I can help make sure they die on time, too.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby fafhrd » Tue May 17, 2011 10:13 am

We couldn't get the kiting working very well, although we tried before the FrostDK and Multishot buffs. Also we never had both a hunter and a DK in the same raid. I tried kiting as a hunter and while I could snare and hold aggro on the adds once they were grouped up, the problem was getting them all grouped - spamming snaring multishots works great when it has multiple targets to hit to proc bombardment, but very poorly when the adds are initially spread out since you run out of focus very quickly in that case. A second hunter to MD the adds to the kiter would have made this trivial though. Alternatively a DK kiting and a hunter MDing to him, but like I said we never had both in the same raid.

I'm not sure what went wrong during the DK-only kiting attempts.

Note however that we were even worse at the stun strategy, kept mistiming it or something.

What we ended up doing instead is just rooting the adds away from the raid as they explode, then killing them before the next explosions. Ended up doing it with a hunter specced both for Concussive Barrage (snares on multishot) and entrapment (roots from frost trap and snake trap, on independent DRs). Drop frost trap in middle, snake trap between that an raid, pull adds into it while aoeing, making sure to multishot as they leave the snare area. Arcane mage and warlock single-target down adds while hunter aoes. Assuming they hit the 2 traps properly they usually die in plenty of time.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby superworm » Wed May 18, 2011 10:06 pm

My experience in 25H is that the adds will start to spray toxic spores just after the boss finishes casting the green circle. As it's a 2 seconds cast and the stun is like 3 seconds, you just need to use the stun when Anshal is enchanting the spell. We don't actually stun them, instead we use a DK tank AMS the spores and tank the adds normally while the ranged burn them down, but I think the timing should be the same.
superworm

Postby PsiVen » Thu May 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Well, the confusion comes in because the Toxic Spores aren't reliably cast at that time. Every cycle, they get delayed further. By the 3rd round they don't start exploding until like 7 seconds after the healing circle goes down, so you have to kite them out, wait, and then start moving again to time it properly.

AMS has the same problem as stuns, because it only works if you pop it pre-emptively. Bubble is all good though.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Lionnis » Fri May 20, 2011 9:56 am

We do a hybrid kiting + killing adds strat using a frost dk to kite + kill, 3 DPS including frost dk 1 healer and 1 tank on anshal, 2 dps and 1 healer on rohash and 1 tank and 1 healer on nezir. It works really well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1oCPwep ... ture=feedu video of our kill from healer perspective
Lionnis
Maintankadonor

Postby superworm » Wed May 25, 2011 9:21 pm

PsiVen wrote:Well, the confusion comes in because the Toxic Spores aren't reliably cast at that time. Every cycle, they get delayed further. By the 3rd round they don't start exploding until like 7 seconds after the healing circle goes down, so you have to kite them out, wait, and then start moving again to time it properly.

AMS has the same problem as stuns, because it only works if you pop it pre-emptively. Bubble is all good though.

I tried tanking the adds myself. It's true that only the first Toxic Spore synchronize with the green circle. I noticed it would be much better to watch Anshal's energy. The spores always come at around 53 energy, though one would want to pop AMS earlier to prevent randomness.
Sometimes when I used AMS too early, I will end up with 5 stacks of debuff. I rotate IBF with my healer's GS for this.
superworm

Postby warden » Thu May 26, 2011 7:03 am

IIRC, our kite tank bombs the adds he's kiting with hungering cold just before he picks up the new set. It gives him several seconds of not worrying about getting wrecked by the new spawns. We also leave a rogue over there for tricks + fan to help with the pickup, but that might not be an option on 10H. The big thing that got us our first kill on 25H was switching to a "ferry tank" strat so the tanks never had to do the simultanious transition. I can't really describe how much incredibly easier and more controlled that made fight. Again though, this might not be an option available to 10H.

On the spores: send a message on curse to mysticalos (sp?) on the DBM project if you want a toxic spores timer. I'm sure he'd be willing to work one for you; it should be pretty easy.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Thu May 26, 2011 8:32 am

How do you avoid the simultaneous tank swaps? The best we manage is having one tank switch before the other (I'm not sure this is intentional since they don't do it consistently), leaving one platform with no tank for a bit, is that what you mean?

We kill the fight fine, but usually every transition a boss will end up meleeing a DPS for a bit while no tanks are present. This week our tank actually arrived, then strayed onto the ramp and got sent back to his old platform, so a mage tanked the nature boss till he could get back >.>. In 10H he only melees for about 50k on mail, not sure how hard on cloth but I see him on our warlock fairly often so presumably not insanely much.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby warden » Thu May 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Well, the thing about avoiding simultaneous tank swaps is only viable if you have a ferry tank... ie, our warrior tanks Anshal the entire time. One pally tanks Nezir through about half way, then I jump over, taunt Nezir, and she leaves. She lets her stacks fall off, jumps back over for the ultimate, then takes Nezir and I leave. Seamless transitions, and that way we have a major CD or TB trink up for every permafrost with no requirement for externals. It just makes things a ton smoother, but is probably only viable on 25H. I could probably dig up a video if you want (I'm the ferry tank, not a ret on this one).

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Thu May 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Ah, yeah, I think the closest we could get to that in 10H would be a DPS temporarily tanking it. We do have to hold DPS sometimes, but I don't think we're ahead enough to afford 3 tanking. And if a mage is healable through Anshal's melee I guess we're doing that already just by having DPS sometimes still killing adds while the tank swaps :/.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Geaux » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Hey guys I have looked and looked and need some good info on how to stay alive for the shield on the wind platform...we had our mage, destro lock, and a paladin healer over there and OMG do they die everytime lol. We are 5/13 at the moment and decided to give up V&T heroic with our best attempt at 20% we always have 1 person make a boo boo....so anyways here we are at conclave. Here is our comp...any info, ideas, sugestions will be greatly appreciated.

Tanks:
Deathknight
Warrior

DPS:
2xFrost Deathknights
Shadowpriest
Fire Mage
Destro / Demo Lock

Heals:
Disc / Holy Priest
Shaman
Holy Paladin
Geaux

Postby Belloc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Is your destro lock using Nether Ward before the shield goes? That, alone, should prevent a ton of damage. Also, we use our priest on that platform (disc, I believe).

That said, you might need a better comp if you want to reliably kill this fight. A rogue is incredibly valuable on this fight and V&T.
Belloc

Postby superworm » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:14 pm

I highly recommend that everyone on the east platform equip and use the Tol'barad resist trinket. It makes a ton of difference. I only play in 25 HM, and we usually assign 10 people with 2 healers on the east platform, and everyone of them has the trinket (Mirror of the Broken Image). The thing is, with the trinket activated, the damage is lowered to a degree healable by 1 healer per group, so even if your people fail at taking down the shield, it's still not a serious problem.
superworm

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)