Remove Advertisements

Heroic Valiona and Theralion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Heroic Valiona and Theralion

Postby Kihra » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:11 am

I'm curious how hard heroic V&T is after the nerfs. Maybe the small # of people who have done it already could comment? I'm curious where you'd place it difficulty-wise now.
Kihra

Re: Heroic Valiona and Theralion

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:29 pm

I'd still say it's harder than all the BWD bosses unless you have enough gear to zerg it. Probably including Nefarian.

Edit: actually, we didn't do it since the 25th hotfixes which I'd completely forgotten about, above response is just in light of the 4.06 changes to the fight. Given that such a large proportion of our wipes early on were from the inside team getting screwed over, the nerfs should make it a lot more forgiving to learn.
Rhiannon

Postby PsiVen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:44 pm

I'm most curious about the 10-man version, but it looks like only 8 guilds killed it last week as I imagine most had already cleared BoT when the hotfixes went live.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Kishandra » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:43 am

Took us roughly 120-150 pulls to kill original VnT 25. For the next few weeks before any fixes went in, we wiped on average about 10 times killing them again.

Then 4.06 hit and we wiped on average about 5 times per kill for the next two weeks ...

And then for last week and this week, they were a one shot both times. I just tank the fight so I don't get to personally experience the difficulty of the twilight realm (other than lolclicking a portal every so often) but it seems as if the difficulty of the encounter has been significantly nerfed. The only other fights we 1-shot with regularity are halfus, magmaw, chim, and maloriak - everything else takes a few wipes to retune the raid or something.

I figure, if you have good rogues, VnT is a breeze now, if not, then it'll still give you some trouble.
Kishandra

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:46 am

Did it last night and our previously sub rogues and frost mages are saying they'll be muti/fireball for next ID and that surviving is pretty faceroll now, so take that for what it's worth.
Rhiannon

Postby cds4850 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:00 pm

We extended our lockout to put a full week into Sinestra, so I can't comment on how much of an effect the nerfs have been. However, given that the transition into shadow realm (popping orbs in the process, respawning on top of people, and overall management of that phase) was made easier by all of changes, it's likely a great deal easier as a whole.
cds4850

Postby Recid » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:55 pm

We worked on this encounter for 4 hours or so last night and managed to get the boss sub 40% numerous times. We were sending a rogue down with the first tank 5 stacks, and then a shadow priest down with dazzling destruction. The tank, rogue, and shadow priest would normally kill 4 or so adds if I remember right. They would come back up again and then the rogue would go back down with the 2nd tank 5 stacks and our dps warrior would go down on the 2nd or 3rd flame breath. Soon after this is when we would normally wipe. We had a lot of issues with people staying alive down below. For 10 man heroic is it worth sending a healer down or should the dps be able to play smart and stay alive themselves? There has to be something we can change to make this go a littler smoother.

Edit: Downed on 10 man using the above strat, was just a matter of people going into the twilight realm playing smart.
Recid

Postby kristoferpally » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:57 am

Have not seen an actual strat in this thread. Can someone provide one for 10 man please?
kristoferpally

Postby sakkdaddy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:51 am

It's not too difficult if you have a few rogues to go sub. We had 3, and sent in 2 more dps + 1 healer into 3 portals, one portal immediately after each transition using 5 stacks on the tank to port the groups. The 3 rogues took every portal, and we used mages, ret pallies, and unholy dk's to fill in the gaps (iceblock and bubble remove stacks, AMS delays stacks until it wears off), and warlocks if we were in short supply of the other classes.

We did send in the rogues to portal a 4th time by themselves, but everybody else stayed out to zerg the boss down after the 4th transition. The healing was rough and we ended up with about 10 active adds nuking the raid, but the kill was still pretty clean.

Overall what took the longest was the run back after wiping. We wiped here 55 times before we got a kill, which was actually less than our first Conclave kill, but more than most of our other kills so far. We just started on Nef and after 10ish pulls I can say that Nef doesn't feel any harder honestly, and might even be easier. In both encounters, having classes that can clear debuffs (rogues, mages, paladins) is a huge plus, and both encounters involve a series of retard checks that everyone needs to pass to get the kill.

Once Nef is dead I can give a better informed opinion on which is harder, but right now, they seem pretty similar in difficulty.
sakkdaddy

Postby Belloc » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:30 am

This thread should be recreated as 10 and 25-man versions.
Belloc

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)