Remove Advertisements

Nefarian movement bug?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Nefarian movement bug?

Postby baff » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:09 am

Had some issues last night on nefarian encounter with funny boss/animated bone warrior movement pattern. I was wondering if other players were seeing something similar.

Basically, when tanking the animated bone warriors, I would run about 15 yards away from them before before they started to even think about moving. Same with the bosses who seem to move in a laggy manner. While for the bosses this isn't a real issue, phase 3 kiting is terrible.

Anyone else seeing something similar?
baff

Re: Nefarian movement bug?

Postby Milius » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:41 am

can't say i have
Milius

Postby Brutalus » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:06 am

During the past couple of days I've experienced it as well while kiting the adds in the last phase on heroic. Sometimes 2 or 3 would just stand still, completely oblivious to my movement for a couple of seconds and they'd clip the fire. Really annoying, but I just put it down to stupid movement problems in the adds rather than a bug and upped the speed with which I kited them before a fire spawned; not that it made a whole lot of difference, but I think it helped.
Brutalus

Postby Kihra » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:09 pm

This happened to me last week as well, particularly right at the start when the adds first got up in P3. They just stood there in the fire and would not move. I actually yelled on Vent because I thought someone had stunned them or something, but I couldn't see any debuffs on them. Nice to know I'm not the only one who experienced this.
Kihra

Postby baff » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:22 pm

Glad to report that it wasn't buggy tonight, which lead to a HM neff kill =)

I'm pretty sure a soft reset would solve this if anyone encounters this again.
baff

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 am

On our first heroic kill they behaved normally, last reset they were acting like you described though. It actually made the encounter easier as I could kite them indefinitely just by backpedalling, though they refused to follow quick enough to avoid getting hit by fire. By the end some of them had 70+ stacks :\ I was expecting a lot of nef heroic kills last ID as a result.
Rhiannon

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Adds acting stupid again this ID, anyone else? :\ Makes phase 3 a bit of a joke.
Rhiannon

Postby PsiVen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:43 pm

I've had them be a little slow on the uptake before, but never to the point where I could kite them indefinitely. Are you kiting on the traditional outer grate path?

I've only seen the fight on 10N though, so they might have more issues when more of them are working together to be stupid.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Yeah, outer grill in phase 3. Exactly how I did it for the first nights of progress up to and including our first kill, and also how I did it on normal every week before that with no such issues. But the thing is, the movement bug affects all the entities in the fight, the tanks on Ony + Nef were also reporting them being sluggish to move around, and the adds are being slow even when I gather them in phase 1. I did the fight on normal 10 man as well on another character this ID with no such issues, so I don't know if it's a 25/heroic exclusive thing, or just something in our particular raid setup's bugging it.
Rhiannon

Postby Chicken » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:08 pm

I've seen mobs have similar behavior out in the world when I was playing on one of the more heavily populated servers shortly after WoW was initially released. Chances are it's caused by the instance servers being really busy at the time, causing this "sluggish" mob behavior because the server is having trouble keeping up with having to adjust the NPCs to keep in mind the new positions of their target.
Chicken

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Well, things were normal on Magmaw, Maloriak and Sinestra which are all adds fights, so it seems like something Nefarian specific.
Rhiannon

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:35 pm

And again tonight - I had a theory it was something to do with glyph of dazing shield but still same behaviour without it tonight.
Rhiannon

Postby PsiVen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:53 pm

I suppose it's possible that there's a server-side problem with Heroic Nef which causes it to lag badly, but I would think this would affect others on the same instance server noticeably, let alone the same server.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Jaitee » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:53 am

dont the skeletons grow as they gain stacks of their buff if so what id say is happening is they are right at melee range of you then they grow and with that growing their hitbox size increases so they dont need to move for a second till u move out of their range again

im not the best at explaining stuff with words im more of a diagram type guy im sure someone will get what i mean and explain it better!
Jaitee

Postby Boyfriend » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:27 am

Can confirm that mob movements are broken on the fight, makes P3 a cakewalk, just make sure to NOT reset adds, as resetting half of them will cause chaos and as long movement is bugged it's impossible to get hit by the adds so it's preferable to make sure they never reset.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)