[25] Al'Akir - Electrocute problem

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Al'Akir - Electrocute problem

Postby Venox » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:10 am

Hello there!
Yesterday we had a try at Al'Akir in 25 normal mode.
We used two tanks, one for the boss himself and the other one for the adds in P2 , just to tank them off.
The problem we had yesterday was that the electrocute debuff didnt stop on the maintank when he went away and the 2nd tank taunted the boss in that time.
We thought about having the 2nd tank taunt Al'Akir before the maintank runs away for the tornade-wall , so our tanks should have different positions.
Anyone knows about this problem or knows at least whether our solution will work?

Looking forward to feedback!
Venox

Re: [25] Al'Akir - Electrocute problem

Postby culhag » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:26 am

Al'akir won't stop the Electrocute until the target is either dead or in melee range.

But it shouldn't be a problem. I tank Al'akir and I just use one of my bigger CDs (GoAK or glyphed DP) when the hole in the tornade-wall is too far. We never switch tanks.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Brutalus » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:35 am

Yeah, just don't mistake it for the Kologarn style attack - if the electrocute target isn't in melee range he won't stop casting until the target is dead. Bring run-speed pots and/or have a divine shield cancelaura macro (to bubble as the tornadoes go through you) for phase 1 if the tornados + wind blasts pose a problem. Worst comes to the worst keep a priest handy for life grip if you simply can't feasibly avoid the tornado without getting knocked off.
Brutalus

Postby Venox » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:47 am

Ah alright.
So in fact I just need to try to get the right time management for the tornadowalls and while getting out of his range, using the bigger CDs.
Thanks for that, if you do that normally, it should be possible for us aswell. I will try and give a feedback later.
Venox

Postby Faia » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:05 pm

Grab a stack of Swiftness potions -- http://www.wowhead.com/item=2459
Helps a treat if you get a nasty squall line / wind blast!
Faia

Postby Venox » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:48 am

Hello Guys!
I tried it yesterday in 10 man with some of my guild and it is absolutely no problem to tank this alone with the glyphed CD and GoAK. Even the run potions saved my ass 1 or 2 times. Thanks for those tips!
I've been thinking about 25 man now- Also possible to tank this alone? I mean for Phase 2 with the elementals. Just stand beside of the group tanking them + the boss?

EDIT:

Another question that just came up:
How are you guys doing it generally in P3 with the electric debuff on rnd targets. Evade vertically oder horizontally?
Venox

Postby Dantriges » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:30 am

You can tank them, gets a bit crowded from time to time and seems the group is getting pretty low, when the whole goup walks through the windwall.
Dantriges

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:08 am

Venox wrote:Another question that just came up:
How are you guys doing it generally in P3 with the electric debuff on rnd targets. Evade vertically oder horizontally?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGeY1Hxv-u8
This is Paragon's 25-man HM kill video and it shows a really clean final phase. Skip to 7:30 and you'll see the start of the final phase. We've started using this positioning and our normal mode kills went from chaotic to controlled very quickly.

Basically they designate a marked target as the altitude marker and have everyone loosely clump around that person. Anyone who is debuffed moves off to the side horizontally.
baleogthefierce

Postby PsiVen » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:39 pm

Priests can life grip you out of squall lines if you get caught.

Warrior tanks can also Heroic Leap straight through it.

I think bubble also works if you cast it before you get caught, but I try to avoid doing this as I tank the adds as well.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)