Remove Advertisements

[10] Heroic Atramedes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Heroic Atramedes

Postby Arianne » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:52 pm

Sounds like lots of people are getting hit by rings and/or ring management isn't good. If everyone isn't stacked up then the rings will go in lots of directions and make them hard to avoid.
Arianne

Postby Belloc » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:44 pm

The discs going in lots of directions makes them easy to avoid, not hard. Lots of directions = the discs spread out earlier, forcing less people to move (only 4 at a time instead of everyone in the raid) and you have less issues with breaths wiping the raid because the target ran the wrong way.

When you're spread out, the discs are spread out, too. As a warlock, I never had to move more than a few yards. The discs coming at me and the guy closest to me would diverge and there would be a gap that we could easily fit into. It's as simple as strafing for a second and being done with it.

And when we stacked up, we had phantom sound generation, so that didn't help either.

If stacking works for you, go for it... but it's more dangerous and less efficient.

So, yeah, I definitely recommend spreading out evenly across the half of the room that you're positioned on (if you decide not to use the whole room, which I also recommend for air phase kiting purposes).
Belloc

Postby fafhrd » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:39 pm

The only real justifications we could think of for stacking were for more aoe healing (healers were shaman, priest and pally) and easier killing/interrupting on the adds. That being said when we tried our normal non-stacking normal mode strat, healers couldn't keep up without aoe heals. Granted I think that was before we starting using that addon that makes clicking the gong easier, so perhaps raid damage taken has since gone down.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Ezelyn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:57 am

Tried him another night and still having trouble on modulations.We are running in a spread strategy, on half-room.
We use aura mastery and divine sacrifice during seering flamme, dammages are pretty low.

Are Seering flammes really a problem when you take 2 stacks ? i will ask my clicker to try the add-on.
i dont see if it's only this bad gong which make us to take something like 90K on the last modulation.
Ezelyn

Postby Saler » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Heroic Atramades seems to have a lot of bugs post the changes to it. Flames hitting people outside the graphics, sound going up for no reason (not stacked either), tracking bouncing around from person to person for no apparent reason. From googling around I've found a number of other people seeing the same issues so thought i'd just let people know on here that it's not the cakewalk it was last week.
Saler

Postby PsiVen » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:06 am

Atramedes was bugged by a hotfix, which they said is being fixed right now during rolling restarts.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Belloc » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:18 am

Ezelyn wrote:Are Seering flammes really a problem when you take 2 stacks ? i will ask my clicker to try the add-on.
i dont see if it's only this bad gong which make us to take something like 90K on the last modulation.

Taking two ticks of Searing Flame is the single most dangerous part of the fight. The two ticks probably won't kill a raid (if using raid cooldowns), but the modulation afterward will.

Until 4.1, the add-on is important enough that I would classify it as required.
Belloc

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:28 pm

My group did NORMAL last night, and had the same problem, although we were still able to 1-shot it with only 2 deaths and a B-res.

When I warned people about it later on in trade chat, one guy claimed that the tracking would shift based on threat, I cannot confirm this though. Hopefully the Atramedes and Nef-skelly bugs will be fixed tonight though.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby 99sitr » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:16 pm

We started working on H Atramedes tonight, best attempts were in the 34% range. We are wiping about 10-15 seconds before he goes into the air the second time. We did not encounter any problems with tracking bugging or the phantom sound generation. I'm fairly confident that when we raid again on Sat we will down him.

Most of our deaths were from people not dodging the discs or possibly the effect was a little larger than the graphic, and then the other were people not calling out for a gong fast enough in the first air phase. We are consistent about our gong us of only 1 during the ground phase and only 1 during the air phase, if we can get to a second ground phase I'm fairly certain we will just chain the remainder until he is dead.

We are using BL about 15 seconds into the fight, and I am tanking him right where the room opens up to the larger area.

Makeup

Prot Pally (me)

Holy Pally
Holy Priest

Shadow Priest
Assassination Rogue
Ret Paladin
Unholy DK
Surv Hunter
Balance Druid
Fire Mage
99sitr

Postby Ezelyn » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:36 am

99sitr wrote:Makeup
Holy Pally
Holy Priest

Your raid really enjoy the 2 healers way :) is there a reason your rogue doesnt swap combat in your raid comp ? (+ 4%) does your hunter give this buff with his pet ?

BTW, thanks to the shield add-on we've done this HM last week, thx for the advice guys.
Ezelyn

Postby 99sitr » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:52 am

Ezelyn wrote:
99sitr wrote:Makeup
Holy Pally
Holy Priest

Your raid really enjoy the 2 healers way :) is there a reason your rogue doesnt swap combat in your raid comp ? (+ 4%) does your hunter give this buff with his pet ?

BTW, thanks to the shield add-on we've done this HM last week, thx for the advice guys.

Oddly enough we usually go against the grain using strategies that others say won't work. I believe our hunter is bringing the crit buff.
99sitr

Postby PsiVen » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:25 am

Assassination DPS is far ahead of Combat on most fights, even if you are otherwise missing that buff.

Speaking of rogues, one rogue is capable of kiting the entire air phase. Don't wait for callouts, just have them watch and hit the gong if the fire gets even close to that first person. When we go into air phases we assume that the gong will go off a few seconds after he starts tracking us, basically as soon as possible.
PsiVen

Postby 99sitr » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:38 pm

PsiVen wrote:Assassination DPS is far ahead of Combat on most fights, even if you are otherwise missing that buff.

Speaking of rogues, one rogue is capable of kiting the entire air phase. Don't wait for callouts, just have them watch and hit the gong if the fire gets even close to that first person. When we go into air phases we assume that the gong will go off a few seconds after he starts tracking us, basically as soon as possible.

This is why he is Assassination, also we do the same way with the gongs. Our rogue is able to do almost all of the phase by himself with the first person usually only kiting for about 5-10 seconds.
99sitr

Postby timoseewho » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:21 pm

To those who have done this boss successfully, do you find stacking up or spreading out better during the ground phase? And if you do spread out, do you spread on one side of him or both? Thanks!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby PsiVen » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:39 pm

I would advise either spreading out as far as possible all around him, or stacking up in a tight clump. Our two 10-mans killed him the same week using opposite strategies; clumping is good for killing imps but bad for boss DPS (lots of extra movement) and less forgiving if you screw up Sonic Breath (if you spread out, screwing up means you run the wrong way and hope the one person in immediate danger reacts in time; clumping means if you screw up, you die).

We spread out, laugh at the people who die, and invariably eke out kills with 6 people alive each week. I imagine if we used the clump strategy, a lot of our kill attempts would have been grisly wipes due to the mistakes made.
PsiVen

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)