Remove Advertisements

[10] Heroic Chimaeron

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Heroic Chimaeron

Postby Dravan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:49 am

Ok dude thanks for the info. Fingers crossed for a fast kill!
Dravan

Postby Belloc » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:11 am

Note, however, that it is perfectly fine to push him within 15 seconds after any massacre, feud or not.
Belloc

Postby maurok » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:00 pm

Can a good timing on Divine Shield(or Hop)+taunt avoid the double attack on feud?
maurok

Postby Lehvin » Wed May 04, 2011 1:04 pm

So we tried this for the first time today and had some problems. Best try was 30ish.

So the thing is, that our healers are Holy Paladin, Resto Druid and Resto Shaman. We used the 2 tank + DPS tank tactic. The thing that kept wiping us, was the lack of major damage reduction abilities right after the Feud start. Our tanks were not healed up in time and got oneshot. We used LoH and Divines, but they are not up when the second Feud starts.

So basically what can we do to make the tanks go up faster or prevent them from dying.

We don't have a Disc Priest to swap someone out, since we are a small guild with a 10 people core.
Lehvin

Postby Arianne » Wed May 04, 2011 1:28 pm

Have the Resto Druid and Resto shaman alternate Nature's Swiftness with alternating AD usage. They have 5s to get the tank to mostly full before the first regular melee hit, plus the cast time of massacre to start a large heal to land immediately after massacre does. Station your holy paladin and resto shaman somewhere where they don't have to move for the group up phase.
Arianne

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu May 26, 2011 8:59 am

I am happy, we got this last night for our second Hardmode.

With our group changing a couple weeks ago, we are nominally down to only my Holy Pally raid CD or general healer AOE heals. However, our Shadow Priest went barrier spec for the fight. As we entered ph2 dps/heals would gather and the priest would hit barrier and the mage would pop mirror images inside the barrier after the tanks died. This allowed the images to stand upto Chimaeron for a decent amount of time, while all dps could burn him. Note, the mage was able to hit invis after the images and they still retained threat and he was able to continue to dps from low on the threat stack.

We were trying to get the boss to ping pong betweent he tanks by timing Bear/kitty invis and pally HoP, but the timing was a little tough. Trying to Bubble-sac was also a little hectic during this phase, and as the Holy Pally, I kept Righteous Fury up the whole time (I died right after tanks) and hit Sanc on the druid healer to make certain he would be alive to res a dps, rather than dieing too early. The Shammy he res'd made a huge difference.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby tet » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:21 am

Our prot pally is having problems with certain feuds, he claims that he's using cds but on more than 1 attempts he gets gibbed. We use 2 tanks and 1 frost dk to take normal hits and alternate on feuds. I have no problem taking them as a warrior but he does. I believe his issues is that he's placing too much importance on threat when it comes to his gear, and less into progressing i.e. reforging to mastery or a mitigation stat (not familiar with prot pallies here but i'm assuming mastery).

Here is the gear he's using: http://chardev.org/?profile=139079

As you can see he reforges stuff to hit and uses exp gems as well as using blue rings for threat (i assume because i know he has better ones). Is it becaause he's not using an adequate gear set then? Do you advice against this reforging/gemming/gearing? Does he has to absolutely have hit and exp capped as a paladin (as i am unfamiliar) in all progression fights? Please let me know and thanks.

We usually get really close to kills when the pally does not get gibbed. Sometimes though he claims to have no cd's for the 4th feud which is his turn to tank again... is this something that should be expected?
tet

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:35 am

He should be reforging OUT of hit and expertise and putting them into mastery. There is absolutely no reason for a tank to need any hit or expertise in current content.
Last edited by Nikachelle on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby RedAces » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:38 am

hey,

tet ask him if he has threat problems (other than in the first 10 seconds) and if not ask him why he chooses the threat stats!
If has threat problems, maybe point him to the various rotation-threads here for a little advice...
The majority of tankadins (that tank the HMs) absolutly ignore the threat-stats and tank without them.

If he's tanking the second and the fourth feud, he should use DivProt + AD for the double strikes during the second feud und DivProt + Guardian of Ancient Kings for the double strikes of the fourth feud. If he uses all 3 CDs during 1 Feud, he won't have any CD left for the other feud and will die!

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby tet » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:49 am

He's claiming that the rings hes using are the ones with highest mastery, which I find hard to believe. Should he use Valor ring and Bile-o-tron Nut (sure this one doesn't have mastery but still) as I am instead of those 2? Since Conclave has been stingy for us...

edit: he's just stubborn, i will show him the thread as it goes to prove that he's wrong.
tet

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:56 am

Well your guy is kind of weird. In some places he reforges away from hit, in other places he reforged dodge (I think it was) into hit.

The bile-o-tron nut, to my understanding, is actually pretty crappy. Your guy, assuming he had no raid drops, would do well with the valor ring and the agility rep ring from Earthen Ring.

That being said, he's not dying because he's got crummy(ish) rings. He seems like he's dying to poor cooldown management.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:00 am

Nikachelle wrote:Well your guy is kind of weird. In some places he reforges away from hit, in other places he reforged dodge (I think it was) into hit.

Looks like he was trying to get as close to cap as possible without going over too much, only 6 rating away.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby tet » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:21 am

lythac wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Well your guy is kind of weird. In some places he reforges away from hit, in other places he reforged dodge (I think it was) into hit.

Looks like he was trying to get as close to cap as possible without going over too much, only 6 rating away.

Pretty much.
tet

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:21 am

As far as using blue rings; actually, on my pally tank I was using a blue dps ring (think it was a rep vendor item) for a while because it had 160 Mastery rating on it. I can't look at Armory atm, and I don't recall if I've replaced it but a blue ring on its own isn't necessarily bad.

On my tank I think I run ~ 4/5% hit and like 15/16 Expertise (25/26 with SoT), so that when I use SoI on fights like Chimaeron I don't constantly miss. When I went below 3% hit and 15 base expertise, I would sometimes miss so much with SoI up I almost feel like I would get more healing by running SoT and using WoG on myself, sigh.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby tet » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:34 am

The bile-o-tron nut, to my understanding, is actually pretty crappy. Your guy, assuming he had no raid drops, would do well with the valor ring and the agility rep ring from Earthen Ring.

That being said, he's not dying because he's got crummy(ish) rings. He seems like he's dying to poor cooldown management.

He does have raid drops though..

And I just noticed he doesn't even have Windwalk on his 1hander, which is alarming as well.

Anyway thanks for the input, hopefully he will have better cd management next time.
tet

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)