Remove Advertisements

[10] Heroic Chimaeron

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Heroic Chimaeron

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:13 am

Aerron wrote:
Belloc wrote:
Aerron wrote:
My engi helm and plasma shield are doin okay ... isn't Synapse becoming more useful in the next patch too?

You'll love your shield until it misfires and ends up AOE taunting everything, usually resulting in deaths/wiped raid.

Haven't had it happen yet. I don't use it on trash, only bosses, so I'm not sure which fight this would actually cause a problem on. Halfus maybe, but that fight's such a joke it might actually make it interesting.

It's obviously not so bad of a deal for tanks, which is what I assume you are.
Belloc

Postby PsiVen » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:35 pm

Sad that the cardboard assassin was nerfed, but it seems like pet taunting will be a strong alternative as we have a hunter in our 10-man. It didn't occur to me before that we could stay stacked to heal up before pushing P2, which seems like a much better idea than waiting for another Feud phase in many cases.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby hassllehoof » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:02 am

Curious my 10man group dosen't have a dps DK or Warrior to to soak up break debuffs our only other option would be a dps feral druid or maybe a holy paladin with righteous fury healing? any suggestions would be helpful
hassllehoof

Postby Treck » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:52 am

hassllehoof wrote:Curious my 10man group dosen't have a dps DK or Warrior to to soak up break debuffs our only other option would be a dps feral druid or maybe a holy paladin with righteous fury healing? any suggestions would be helpful

You got 2 tanks, use them.
Treck

Postby Kitmajere » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:38 am

Treck wrote:
hassllehoof wrote:Curious my 10man group dosen't have a dps DK or Warrior to to soak up break debuffs our only other option would be a dps feral druid or maybe a holy paladin with righteous fury healing? any suggestions would be helpful

You got 2 tanks, use them.

^^ This. A break soaker is completely unnecessary.
Kitmajere

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:33 am

Feral druid is fine.
Belloc

Postby Saltycracker » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:36 pm

I'm not sure why this hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, but only the first bot online phase can be 60 or 90 sec. Every other bot online phase is either 30 or 60 seconds long on 10man. If you can't take my word for it, go into a 10man log (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/8cam7m53 ... boss=43296) and query the log browser for

Actor: Bile-O-Tron 800
Spell: Systems Failure

Note that 1 min between system failures is a 30 second feud plus a 30 second bot phase.

If anyone is having trouble with phase two, we tank Chim in one corner and put the second threat person in the opposite corner. We then BoP the tank, cancel aura, BoP the second threat person (the plate DPS Break soaker), cancel aura, and (usually me) I Divine Shield/Cancel aura to buy some kiting time on the boss. That also helps CDs like GOAK, AD, and Guardian Spirit come off cooldown for the alive tank. We also try to save the Battle Res for the DPS soaker in P2.

Big Crits - The Reality Webshow about Raiding in the World of Warcraft: Real People Conquering a Virtual World.
http://www.bigcrits.com
Saltycracker

Postby PsiVen » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Saltycracker wrote:I'm not sure why this hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, but only the first bot online phase can be 60 or 90 sec. Every other bot online phase is either 30 or 60 seconds long on 10man.

The convention "60/90 sec Feud" is timed from the beginning of the previous feud. So yeah, it might be more logical to refer to it by bot uptime phases, but it's less confusing for rigid timers to just call them 60/90. Personally, I find it most useful to think of timing in terms of 2/3 Massacres.
PsiVen

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:39 pm

PsiVen wrote:
Saltycracker wrote:I'm not sure why this hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, but only the first bot online phase can be 60 or 90 sec. Every other bot online phase is either 30 or 60 seconds long on 10man.

The convention "60/90 sec Feud" is timed from the beginning of the previous feud. So yeah, it might be more logical to refer to it by bot uptime phases, but it's less confusing for rigid timers to just call them 60/90. Personally, I find it most useful to think of timing in terms of 2/3 Massacres.

The problem with going by massacres is that some people consider the massacre after the feud ends to be the first one (which it is) and some don't. This causes plenty of confusion.
Belloc

Postby StarQ » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:10 pm

I'm thinking of reforging to dodge and parry for this encounter, what do you mind? I think mastery is clearly wasted for this boss.
StarQ

Postby inthedrops » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:58 pm

StarQ wrote:I'm thinking of reforging to dodge and parry for this encounter, what do you mind? I think mastery is clearly wasted for this boss.

I think it's more about intelligent cooldown usage than gear.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:23 am

Mastery is not at all wasted. In fact, from many of the scenarios I've been looking at, it's possible that I will die instantly from 2 unblocked hits but be fine as long as I block at least one, which is a very high chance with high block rates.
PsiVen

Postby Boyfriend » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:21 pm

Mastery is by far the best stat in this fight, you can pretty much tank a feud with only using DP or no cooldown at all if you're block capped.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Marcelle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:38 am

(First post here after registering a while ago, yay!)

My guild just killed this last night for the first time after a few nights of attempts. We run with me and a DK tank, and our normal mode strategy was me tanking Chimaeron and the DK tank taunting for double attacks. We tried employing the same strategy for heroic mode, and kept on dying to RNG deaths on the DK tank (who also tanked during Feud). I recommended to our raid leader that we swap since I'm a block tank, and can block double attacks, and we got it two attempts later.

As a paladin though, I felt like I had very good tools for dealing with the RNG of the fight. With a Feud every 60 seconds at most, I could use Divine Protection against every double attack, and if the RNG gods disfavored us (which they did on the kill shot) and I had 4 stacks of Break during a Feud, I could use DP and Guardian of Ancient Kings against the Double Attack. Seal of Insight + Word of Glory self-healing, timed properly, really helped out on getting me topped up for Feuds and then keeping me there during them.
Marcelle

Postby Gab » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:55 am

Marcelle wrote:(First post here after registering a while ago, yay!)

My guild just killed this last night for the first time after a few nights of attempts. We run with me and a DK tank, and our normal mode strategy was me tanking Chimaeron and the DK tank taunting for double attacks. We tried employing the same strategy for heroic mode, and kept on dying to RNG deaths on the DK tank (who also tanked during Feud). I recommended to our raid leader that we swap since I'm a block tank, and can block double attacks, and we got it two attempts later.

As a paladin though, I felt like I had very good tools for dealing with the RNG of the fight. With a Feud every 60 seconds at most, I could use Divine Protection against every double attack, and if the RNG gods disfavored us (which they did on the kill shot) and I had 4 stacks of Break during a Feud, I could use DP and Guardian of Ancient Kings against the Double Attack. Seal of Insight + Word of Glory self-healing, timed properly, really helped out on getting me topped up for Feuds and then keeping me there during them.

While I'm sure this could work, it is not a good idea at all. Having a tank with 4 breaks during fueds is not ideal at all. It also sounds like you were probably tanking a lot of double attacks with 4 break stacks as well... Employing this method would make this fight unnecessarly hard, put more stress on your healers, and make you rely heavy on good RNG. Whether you are using 2 tanks or 2 tanks and DPS "tank" you should be able to go into each fued with a tank that has no break stacks if you are rotating your tanks properly (see prior posts).
Gab

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)