Remove Advertisements

Logical Progression Path?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Logical Progression Path?

Postby Shathus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:19 am

Pyrea wrote:I didn't think you would be able to farm tons of rep from trash mobs?

We are going for

Shannox
Rhyolith
Alysrazor
Baleroc
Beth'tilak
Majordummy
Raggy

I thought you couldn't do Baleroc until you did the other 4 first. Or is it just Staghelm and Rags that are 'gated'?

We need the T12 sub-forum up so I can start asking dumb questions about some of the bosses! :lol:
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby maurok » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 am

I had the same feeling about Baleroc...

is there any strat for the bosses already? ;)
maurok

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 am

I started using icy-veins.com since someone recommended it.

http://www.icy-veins.com/shannox-detailed-strategy
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Malthrax » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:51 am

maurok wrote:I had the same feeling about Baleroc...

is there any strat for the bosses already? ;)

Google: L2R <bossname> youtube
Malthrax

Postby Gab » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:15 am

From a 10 man perspective.

I strongly reccomend starting with Beth'ilac. This fight was rediculously easy for us. My guild wiped once because our DK tank fell through the web after the first set of Spinners. And then we went in on the very next attempt and decimated her. We were 11/13 HM so reasonably well geared.

We then wiped for about 2 hours on Shannox, although we weren't aware of the ability to reset tear stacks using riplimb running around with the spear. Regardless I think Beth'ilac is a good starting point.

After we go back in Thursday I'll comment on Ryolith and Alysrazor.
Gab

Postby fafhrd » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 am

Gab wrote:From a 10 man perspective.

I strongly reccomend starting with Beth'ilac. This fight was rediculously easy for us. My guild wiped once because our DK tank fell through the web after the first set of Spinners. And then we went in on the very next attempt and decimated her. We were 11/13 HM so reasonably well geared.

We then wiped for about 2 hours on Shannox, although we weren't aware of the ability to reset tear stacks using riplimb running around with the spear. Regardless I think Beth'ilac is a good starting point.

After we go back in Thursday I'll comment on Ryolith and Alysrazor.

Beth definitely seemed the easiest on 10 (2 shot, just figuring out what fight looks like attempt 1). Shannox seemed pretty simple too though, provided people don't stand in traps. I don't think we did anything fancy with kiting and spears - the riplimb tank would just heroic leap over traps now and then to trap him, and I think that reset his stack). Also a 2 shot, may have been 1 shot except a dps managed to get trapped somehow first try.

Lord Rywhatever took a while of people bickering over switching legs till they got the turning sorted out, I think 6 attempts. Still messy though, several deaths.

We were under the impression that Baelroc couldn't be pulled till after Alys, so went and ground away rest of the night on Alys, which seems non-easy.

I'd say start in this order:
Shannox (pats, first one you reach)
Beth (easy)
Lord R (easyish, can demand some coordination)
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Gab » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:36 am

Quick question, fafhrd. Did the Shannox tank simply tank through the tear stacks, or were you able to get them to fall off at some point? It Seemed that by the time we were getting close to kill the pups I had around 25-30 stacks of tear and was getting wrecked.
Gab

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:42 am

Gab wrote:Quick question, fafhrd. Did the Shannox tank simply tank through the tear stacks, or were you able to get them to fall off at some point? It Seemed that by the time we were getting close to kill the pups I had around 25-30 stacks of tear and was getting wrecked.

Use the time that the dog is fetching the spear to kite the boss and run away from the dog to reset your stacks. While the dog is fetching the spear neither the boss nor the dog can stack the debuff.
baleogthefierce

Postby Gab » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:10 am

baleogthefierce wrote:Use the time that the dog is fetching the spear to kite the boss and run away from the dog to reset your stacks. While the dog is fetching the spear neither the boss nor the dog can stack the debuff.

Thanks, I guess we were just trying to overcomplicate things.
Gab

Postby Iminmmnni » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:22 am

I generally hung around with my dog ~40y from the boss and ~10-15y from a crystal trap. Whenever spear was thrown, I'd move the dog over to the trap and freeze him. As long as someone puts a slow on him when he comes out of the trap to fetch the spear, your stacks will drop every time (just be wary of dps/healers with strange urges to run over the top of your trap and freeze themselves).
Iminmmnni

Postby Shathus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:38 am

So if you're resetting stacks when the dog fetches the spear, are you using 2 tanks or could you do it with one once you get good at dropping the stacks?
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Chicken » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Shathus wrote:So if you're resetting stacks when the dog fetches the spear, are you using 2 tanks or could you do it with one once you get good at dropping the stacks?
You pretty much need two tanks for it: Shannox throws his spear to a location within a certain radius of Riplimb, so with just a single tank the distance he has to cover isn't large enough since that means Riplimb and Shannox are on top of each other.
Chicken

Postby Meloree » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:23 pm

Chicken wrote:You pretty much need two tanks for it: Shannox throws his spear to a location within a certain radius of Riplimb, so with just a single tank the distance he has to cover isn't large enough since that means Riplimb and Shannox are on top of each other.

Still totally doable. We used two tanks, and a bear was on Riplimb (free slows), but we tanked them on top of each other (for cleave), and it was no problem to kite and reset stacks with a zero-distance drop on the spear. You'ld just need a slow on Riplimb.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Repartee » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:05 pm

So you're saying to keep Riplimb slowed and kite Shannox away as soon as spear is tossed?
Repartee

Postby Teranoid » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:58 am

You want to put as much distance between the spear and Shannox as you can without the other dog gaining the Separation Anxiety buff. The longer it takes him to go get it the more time your tanks have for the stacks to fall off not to mention if they hit any traps along the way.
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)