Remove Advertisements

Logical Progression Path?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Logical Progression Path?

Postby Belloc » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:18 pm

Pyrea wrote:Do conclave at the beginning of the raid (so you don't waste raid time by hiking down there. Then you can use a portal to Stonard or twilight highlands depending on which other raid you want to do.

My easiest to hardest list

Easy:
BWD: Magmaw, Omnotron
BoT: Halfus (easy drakes), V&T
ToW: Conclave

Middle:
BWD: Maloriak, Atramedes, Chimaeron
BoT: Halfus (hard drakes), Ascendants (dps gate boss, either you burn him down in time or you don't)

Hard:
BWD: Nef
BoT: Chogall
CoW: Al'akir

If Halfus has frenzy, shadow nova and mortal strike for your first lockout, go to blackwing descent, you will find maloriak easier.

The easy bosses have no berserk timer (except halfus), so you can drag the fight out as long as you want (although your healers will hate you after a 12 minute omnotron fight). From there on in, you will be wanting your 5 dps (assuming you 2 tank/3 heal to places which is to be recommended) to be pulling 12-16k dps each to beat the berserks/soft enrages.

Magmaw does have a berserk timer.
Belloc

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:31 am

Magmaw does have a berserk timer.

When does it come? because we have never seen it.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Belloc » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:58 am

It's a 10-minute berserk. We saw it on the attempt where we learned how to successfully execute the encounter mid-attempt :P

If he's impaled at the 10-minute mark, he'll berserk as soon as the impale ends, which was what happened to us.
Belloc

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:29 am

Chasey wrote:Love the sig too btw.

Thank you. :) Invis made it!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Rokh » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:44 am

Pyrea wrote:Do conclave at the beginning of the raid (so you don't waste raid time by hiking down there. Then you can use a portal to Stonard or twilight highlands depending on which other raid you want to do.

My easiest to hardest list

Easy:

Middle:
BoT: Halfus (hard drakes), Ascendants (dps gate boss, either you burn him down in time or you don't)

Hard:

If Halfus has frenzy, shadow nova and mortal strike for your first lockout, go to blackwing descent, you will find maloriak easier.

The easy bosses have no berserk timer (except halfus), so you can drag the fight out as long as you want (although your healers will hate you after a 12 minute omnotron fight). From there on in, you will be wanting your 5 dps (assuming you 2 tank/3 heal to places which is to be recommended) to be pulling 12-16k dps each to beat the berserks/soft enrages.

I like this list, some stuff I would add to it is.

Maloriak has a crazy tight enrage timer, if you have some dps sub 10k i would work on him after the other med bosses.

Also Chogall is lol easy, kill him before the other end bosses.
Rokh

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:48 am

If people are doing sub-10k dps on a raid boss I would be fucking enraged.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:09 am

Nikachelle wrote:If people are doing sub-10k dps on a raid boss I would be fucking enraged.

So would the boss, HAYOOOOO!
Belloc

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:23 am

Belloc wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:If people are doing sub-10k dps on a raid boss I would be fucking enraged.

So would the boss, HAYOOOOO!

LOL. That made me grin!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:36 am

Ironically, I recall a mage ranting that no one should be allowed to DPS in Baradin Hold with him unless they can do 10K and was adamant about a few people not being allowed to go.

Recount revealed he was pulling 6k.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Kevian » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:46 am

"Ironically, I recall a mage ranting that no one should be allowed to DPS in Baradin Hold with him unless they can do 10K and was adamant about a few people not being allowed to go.

Recount revealed he was pulling 6k."

That's not Ironic. His dps is so low he needs everyone else to carry him through. :-)
Kevian

Postby Njall » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:49 am

Kevian wrote:
That's not Ironic. His dps is so low he needs everyone else to carry him through. :-)

No, it is. Considering past history. He was known for not running Omen and regularly pulling aggro off tanks in ICC. Apparently, now that Arcane doesn't involve pressing one of 2 buttons, his DPS has dropped.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby tinalt » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:00 am

Njall wrote:
Kevian wrote:

No, it is. Considering past history. He was known for not running Omen and regularly pulling aggro off tanks in ICC. Apparently, now that Arcane doesn't involve pressing one of 2 buttons, his DPS has dropped.

I was under the impression that arcance's rotation hasn't changed. I think that's just a fail mage.

Besides, fire > arcane anyway
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:07 am

tinalt wrote:
I was under the impression that arcance's rotation hasn't changed. I think that's just a fail mage.

Besides, fire > arcane anyway

Actually, he used to have amazing DPS, which is unfortunate considering some of his other habits. I think he just hasn't adapted to the changes in Cataclysm all that well. Of course, he was fond of ranting about fail-tanks who couldn't control his aggro when he blew all his cooldowns and the like early in a boss fight. I suspect that our many Sindragosa wipes ensued as this behavior seemed to encourage others to do the same.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Nalyn » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Pyrea wrote:My easiest to hardest list

Easy:

Middle:

Hard:

I'm kinda in the same boat as Nik, we started raiding a bit late as most of the guild is mid 20's to early 30's, (we started right after the new year) and then on top of that, we had a few people (myself included), that were hit particularly hard by the packet routing screw up, which only got cleared up in the last week or so, which amazingly, coincides with our first two 'real' boss kills, magmaw and omnotron.

Once we got a few things worked out, Magmaw became a joke, our first kill we got the achievement for him, Omnotron isn't too bad either, though our first kill was 10+ minutes long, our second was like... seven and a half.

Then we went to Maloriak, which we spent a couple of near blind attempts on, after getting our first two boss kills, spent a full night on, mostly wiping sub-10%, then came back last night, and one-shot. However, I pretty positive that his enrage timer was hotfixed, as Thursday night, we kept wiping to the enrage right about 6:20, and our one shot kill was 6:50. After that, we spent the rest of the night on Chimaron, and kept getting owned by the feud, which I'm guessing is just going to result in us needing to either have a slightly different healer grouping (we had 2 holy pallies, and a shaman), or potentially using a 4th healer.

However, given what everyone else seems to be saying... I'm thinking we may want to go knock out a boss or two, in each of the other raid zones, to get a bit of extra loot, to go back after the other two in BWD.
Nalyn

Postby Hokahey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:43 am

Kevian wrote:
"Ironically, I recall a mage ranting that no one should be allowed to DPS in Baradin Hold with him unless they can do 10K and was adamant about a few people not being allowed to go.

Recount revealed he was pulling 6k."

10K is only a little higher than the bare minimum average DPS (for DPSers) needed to kill the boss before the enrage, with the assumption that you're using 2 healers (who will make little/no contribution) and 2 tanks (who will usually do roughly 5k a piece). I'm surprised the kill could be gotten with someone pulling 6k as a DPS. Of course, I'm basing that off of what I've seen in shitty PuGs that struggle to do the fight.

The enrage timer on Argaloth is actually pretty tight with regard to it being the "free tier loot boss" of this expansion. The first time I downed it the DPS averaged somewhere in the 9.5k range, and there was 13 seconds left until enrage. Its also a pretty tough healer check, right now, with the dispelling and substantial AoE damage.
Hokahey

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)