Remove Advertisements

Defence System (10men)- Arcanotron

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Defence System (10men)- Arcanotron

Postby Mannstein » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:49 am

Hy all,
The issue im facing is the interrupts on Arcanotron and i need your help in undertanding what is wrong...

Doing it as a Retri pala, i was sharing the bitch interrupt job with a shaman...
And to be honest i failed shamesly(sp), my problem was that i would do the first interrupt, then the 3º cast would finish 0,5 seconds before my Rebuke was off the CD (10seconds).
I questioned the shaman who told me that his CD is 5seconds... :S
Have any one facing this issues?
I would like to know if there is something i can change... :S
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Re: Defence System (10men)- Arcanotron

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:46 am

Wind Shear is only a 2 second lockout on spells. Rebuke is a 4 second lockout.

So, what's happening is you are using rebuke and then, 4 seconds later, the boss is casting again. Your shaman uses wind shear and then, 2 seconds later, the boss is casting again. Consider that you're probably getting about 1 second of cast time before the interrupts go off and there you are... getting a cast while rebuke is still on cooldown.

Long story short, wind shear is a terrible interrupt when used on bosses that use their casts whenever they can. Wind shear shouldn't be a part of a reliable interrupt rotation. It's fine for fights like Nefarian where the mobs cast their spell on a timer, but not on fights where they use them on lockout.

Considering the fact that you're going to need 3 reliable interrupts for Nefarian, now would be a good time to start giving them practice. Best of luck!

Edit: if you have a warrior or a DK tank (maybe even a bear), make sure they're always on Arcanotron. They will be one of your most valuable interrupters, so they need to be 100% used to it before they get to later bosses like the Ascendant Council, Cho'gall, or the aforementioned Nefarian.
Last edited by Belloc on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Belloc

Postby Mannstein » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:50 am

Belloc,

My friend... i luv you...

Thanks... it helped me a lot, and to be honest the first night of tries i was being able to interrupt it with a rogue... (kick)

May your buble never be dispelled.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:53 am

Glad to help :D
Belloc

Postby superworm » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:28 am

I suggest you not rely too much on tanks for interrupting the boss. In current gear level it's not recommended to gear for hit instead of survivability, and one wouldn't want to rely on randomness in raid.
superworm

Postby Chunes » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:09 pm

How many of the casts are your raids actually interrupting? Twice now that we've done this fight I think maybe 30% of arcano's nuke were interrupted. The damage seems like a non-issue on 10man if your healers are remotely competent and he's not sitting in a power generator.
Chunes

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:11 am

Chunes wrote:How many of the casts are your raids actually interrupting? Twice now that we've done this fight I think maybe 30% of arcano's nuke were interrupted. The damage seems like a non-issue on 10man if your healers are remotely competent and he's not sitting in a power generator.

If you're not interrupting, it seems like the only way to reliably prevent random instagibs on your raid would be to sweep him back and forth across the room. Not that there's anything wrong with that per se, but you can maximize DPS by stacking them and just shutting down AoE when a shield goes up.
baleogthefierce

Postby Chunes » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:21 am

I guess that's where I'm confused. Even with him standing in a power generator, the most damage he'll do to a raid member is like 66-75% of their HP. Which is a lot, granted, but I have yet to see him oneshot anyone.
Chunes

Postby Arianne » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Depends on what other tron is up and what's going on. An AA + a Security Measures (Magmatron) or an AA + Electrostatic Shock (Electron) can combine to mostly one shot someone.
Arianne

Postby Chicken » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:53 am

Arianne wrote:Depends on what other tron is up and what's going on. An AA + a Security Measures (Magmatron) or an AA + Electrostatic Shock (Electron) can combine to mostly one shot someone.
Or AA + Chemical Bomb in Toxitron's case. All three variations are definitely 'bad luck' but if there are steps that can be taken to ensure no one can be unlucky, it's best to do so.
Chicken

Postby avatar8481 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:59 am

Hopefully this isn't thread necro:

My group has been having some trouble with Omni, specifically I'm looking for techniques to ensure that Arcanotron moves off his power puddle ASAP. I can back up to kite him off, but if he starts casting Arcane Annhilator while on the puddle and it's not interrupted he stays on the puddle to finish and ends up tagging somebody for 100k. I realize the solution is probably just "be better at interrupting" but are there any other tips?

We also tried a solo-tank strategy, which I thought was working well, since we were able to control the position of the golems better, but what have other people's experience with that strat been? For that matter, in general how are people positioning the golems? All in the middle, stacked up on top of each other, to two different sides all seem like strats people use.

Thanks!

Here are our most recent logs for what it's worth. I'm Kelias in the logs and attempts 5 and 6 were our flirtation with solo tanking the fight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n ... boss=42166

Postby Nalyn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:30 am

avatar8481 wrote:My group has been having some trouble with Omni, specifically I'm looking for techniques to ensure that Arcanotron moves off his power puddle ASAP. I can back up to kite him off, but if he starts casting Arcane Annhilator while on the puddle and it's not interrupted he stays on the puddle to finish and ends up tagging somebody for 100k. I realize the solution is probably just "be better at interrupting" but are there any other tips?

We've used two tanks for our kills, and just put a tank with their own interrupt (ie, any tank but a pally, least til next patch), to tank Arcanotron, and have a melee dps just sit on him for his whole duration, and they trade interrupts on him. Yes, they lose 15 seconds of dps due to the shield, but it also means they are already on top of the next golem activation.

We also tried a solo-tank strategy, which I thought was working well, since we were able to control the position of the golems better, but what have other people's experience with that strat been? For that matter, in general how are people positioning the golems? All in the middle, stacked up on top of each other, to two different sides all seem like strats people use.

Our positioning depends what golem(s) are up. Magmatron we tend to try to keep in the center of the room, so limit the area/distance that the flame thrower covers. Arcanotron we try to keep 'near' the center as well, so the healers/ranged can be in range of everyone/thing while standing in the mana-damage pools. Toxitron we try to put in, one of the corners, facing into the corner, so that everyone gets a bit more room to deal with the slime bombs. Electron doesn't do anything of note, so it doesn't matter so much where we put him.
Nalyn

Postby Njall » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:16 am

WTB DPS who stop attacking the damned thing when it is shielded. Will pay extra for a mage with the brains to spell-steal the buff if it gets accidentally created.*

* one DPS is frost mage who doesn't control his pet and told us 'you can't spellsteal it, I've tried'.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Njall wrote:WTB DPS who stop attacking the damned thing when it is shielded. Will pay extra for a mage with the brains to spell-steal the buff if it gets accidentally created.*

* one DPS is frost mage who doesn't control his pet and told us 'you can't spellsteal it, I've tried'.

I've got 2-3 dps that are good at target switching, and 2 that can be slow. I just started calling for target switches when DBM said about 3-4 sec til the next golem is active. Even if it means a slight dps loss, it makes it more likely to account for vent lag, reaction time and everything else and avoids shield damage.

Had to do the same for Conclave of Wind for the ultimates. Granted, I think everyone was still making it back when I called at 80%, but it seemed close so I just started calling it at 76-77.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:04 pm

DBM gives plenty of warning for the power puddle. I start kiting him a couple of seconds before the cast, so that he is moving when it happens.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)