When CC Doesn't work

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

When CC Doesn't work

Postby Knievel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:45 am

I had a weird experience yesterday. Went into Stonecore Heroic and marked Millhouse with skull and then marked the Earthshaper so I can target him for interrupts. Before the pull, the Earthshaper got Trapped so then I had to concern myself with avoiding breaking CC.

Needless to say CC broke by somebody, so I pulled him to me. The interrupts kept him from transforming into Force of Earth, however in the ensuing chaos we eventually got them all down but the rogue died.

Second group, same CC, same result, same rogue death.

Third group, same CC, again we accomplished the mission, but two dps deaths.

Boss, I took a half second too long to get out of dust cloud and had my head dashed against the rocks (died).

I was removed from group for probably the first time since Heroic Gen. Bjarngrim when I had less than optimal gear score.

I got right back into the next Stonecore group and told them no CC. Went straight through these mobs with no issues. Finished the entire instance with no problems. The new group even had lower dps than the first one.

Sometimes CC just doesn't pay I guess.
Knievel

Re: When CC Doesn't work

Postby Chicken » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:56 am

The easily missed important part of being melee on those packs leading up to Corborus in Stonecore: You want to get the hell away from Stonecore Berserkers when they're using their whirlwind ability, as it leaves a very nasty stacking DoT. Chances are that's what kept messing up the rogue.
Chicken

Postby yappo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:06 am

Melee will stand in AoE and die and then blame the tank. Welcome to the fun of tanking pugs.
yappo

Postby Hokahey » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:41 am

yappo wrote:Melee will stand in AoE and die and then blame the tank. Welcome to the fun of tanking pugs.

This. The best part is, almost every trash mob like this can be stunned or disarmed/dismantled, and they *usually* don't attempt to use an ability like that again for a little while.
Hokahey

Return to Normal and Heroic 5-Man Dungeons