Remove Advertisements

Cata Heroics

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Cata Heroics

Postby laterna » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:20 am

So, we did blackrock last night. It took us about 5 hours. (yes)

I'm not a arrogant person, but we are a relatively high skilled guild, and the people who did this with me tanking are top notch. I did it at 127k hp.

composition. we did it with sham(healer) dk,dk,rogue, me. Don't go in there without 1 cc.

First boss. Just kill the chains and GTFO. Easy peasy.

2nd boss. Select three players to handle the beams. Stand in the beam untill it reaches 80, run out of the beam untill your debuff reset. rinse and repeat. Took around 5 wipes to learn.

3rd boss. Took us about 10 wipes to get it. the strategy on mmo sucks balls. We found it easier to keep refreshing the stack so we did something like

Stack 1-20 seconds-stack 2-20 sec-stack 3-4 - 20 seconds attack. We gained as much time on dps without adds, while making sure the healer caught up with us. We stacked it upto 10 in the start, and by popping everything, we got him to 30% (I was taking so-so damage through my 50+20+20% damage reduction. It is imperative that you kill all of the adds together. If done correctly, you only need to kill 1 set of adds

Beauty. Only do this if you have cc. We were trying the strategy on mmo. If you have tier11 gear, do that strategy. Otherwise, you'll need cc. The small dogs are stunnable and cc'able. However our sap and hex were not good enough because hex broke randomly, and sap broke after 1 min. If you have 2 reliable cc here. this is going to be a walk in the park. We didn't manage to kill this.

Last boss. This guy was a big, BIG letdown. we had one of my dk's kite the stuff around, I tanked the boss. Once he swapped to an add, I taunted him back, and the dk picked the add off of me. Thats it. free loot.

In total we got something like 400 justice points me thinks

ps : I got a heroic necklace off the last boss. Guess what item I bought with justice points :(
laterna

Re: Cata Heroics

Postby econ21 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:17 am

Laterna wrote: Beauty. Only do this if you have cc. We were trying the strategy on mmo. If you have tier11 gear, do that strategy. Otherwise, you'll need cc. The small dogs are stunnable and cc'able.

On normal, you can pull the small dogs without aggroing the boss. I infer this is not true on heroic?

PS: Request to moderators - to reiterate my thread here: http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic
I really think we need a sub-forum for heroics. Otherwise we will get miscellaneous threads like this dispersed over these forums, making it hard to find information and stiffling interesting discussion of the new tactical encounters we are all encountering (at least non-beta testers). At the very least, the title of this thread needs changing e.g. to Blackrock Caverns (heroic).
econ21

Postby Barathorn » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:37 am

Forums being looked into, title request escalated.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Rachmaninoff » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:29 pm

Wait, I've been busy with finals and I'm still leveling.... are you saying heroics are more heroic again?
Rachmaninoff

Postby Chunes » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Some are, some aren't. Did the air heroic, it wasn't too bad. We ended up 4manning the last boss because our idiot warrior was trying to pad the meters while the lightning pyramid was forming. Heroic leaped way too late and got fried.

Now heroic Grim Batol and stonecore are supposedly pretty hardcore according to my more progressed guild mates.
Chunes

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Chunes wrote:Some are, some aren't. Did the air heroic, it wasn't too bad. We ended up 4manning the last boss because our idiot warrior was trying to pad the meters while the lightning pyramid was forming. Heroic leaped way too late and got fried.

Now heroic Grim Batol and stonecore are supposedly pretty hardcore according to my more progressed guild mates.

Grim Batol heroic was fucking mint tbh. The last boss took some figuring out (and different than on normal). Absolutely loved that one.

We think the second boss in heroic Vortex Pinnacle was stealth nerfed. We went in one day and spent an hour or an hour and a half on the second boss and ended up having to do it with two healers, two dps and a single tank (four guildies, one pug).

The next day, Invis went in by himself in a pure pug and got it down in a one shot, even losing one player at the beginning of the fight. Way wayyy less tornadoes were appearing and the dps of the people in there wasn't anywhere near what we'd had in the group before.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Rojhaz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:20 pm

Chunes wrote:Some are, some aren't. Did the air heroic, it wasn't too bad. We ended up 4manning the last boss because our idiot warrior was trying to pad the meters while the lightning pyramid was forming. Heroic leaped way too late and got fried.

Stonecore isn't bad, just lots of trash.

Grim Batol isn't bad if Throngus doesn't bug and spin all over the place with his shield and if you have dps high enough to burn the adds on Erudax.
Rojhaz

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:22 pm

Rojhaz wrote:Grim Batol isn't bad [snip] d if you have dps high enough to burn the adds on Erudax.

A lot of these bosses have soft enrages like that and I LOOOOVE it. Your dps isn't good enough to get the adds down? You wipe. Game over. End of story. Go back to normals. <3
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sober » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:42 pm

On normal, you can pull the small dogs without aggroing the boss. I infer this is not true on heroic?

All of them except Runty (the one in the back) pulls; if you kill Runty apparently the boss enrages and stays enraged to the point where you can't even attempt her anymore. She seems like one of the much harder bosses because her plus her 3 pups are basically 2 heroic bosses at the same time, in health pool and damage.
Sober

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Sober wrote:

All of them except Runty (the one in the back) pulls; if you kill Runty apparently the boss enrages and stays enraged to the point where you can't even attempt her anymore. She seems like one of the much harder bosses because her plus her 3 pups are basically 2 heroic bosses at the same time, in health pool and damage.

The fight is simply a matter of CCing as many dogs as possible and burning the rest. Our groups always CC at least two and kill the spare. If you are only able to CC one (urgh, good luck with heroics if that's the case), then I recommend a heroism at the start.

The fight hasn't seemed particularly difficult to me.
Belloc

Postby inthedrops » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:40 pm

I think one of the things I've learned so far in heroics (I think I've done them all, might be missing on or two) is that DPS matters again. And that's really nice :)

There are a few bosses that are just too hard if your dps is low. For example, I believe the third boss in SFK with the Guardian and Officer adds. Wiped 20 times with a low DPS group (adds wouldn't be dead before the next spawned) and caked through it like it was nothing with a different group.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Vrimmel » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:59 am

Heres how I would rate them in difficulty for a full clear rated by bosses only.

1.Grim batol. Last boss can in some way be seen as a gearcheck as you need a certain level of dps on the adds, the rest is just l2move from shit.
2.BRC. Has a lot of unusual mechanics. Not too difficult when you know what to do.
3.SFK.

All below here is pretty easy if you just know the tacts.
4.HoO
5.Stonecore. I know someone thinks stonecore is hard, but its very easy if you have a minimum of mobility skills. All of the bosses require you to move a lot, if you know how to do this its trivial.
6.Vortex pinnacle
7.Deadmines
8.Lost city
Vrimmel

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:15 am

I wouldnt rate SFK as "hard", it's quite easy assuming you skip the 3rd boss.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Vrimmel » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:49 am

Worldie wrote:I wouldnt rate SFK as "hard", it's quite easy assuming you skip the 3rd boss.

Note the "for a full clear" :P
Vrimmel

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:06 am

I am somewhat disconcerted by how quickly you can go back to AoEing everything again.

New boss mechanics are neat, the final fight in DM is kind of novel (not to mention novel length). HoO is oddly easy considering how many bosses and how much loot is in there, but I guess that's the point.

I'm still wishing they'd just implement an autoscale-to-85 algo on all the dungeon content and add those to the random mix, with randomly generated blues on the drop tables.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Normal and Heroic 5-Man Dungeons