Remove Advertisements

surv rotation

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

surv rotation

Postby vyrus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:34 am

im vyruss form chamber of aspect and i use a particolar rotation for survivor mode versus boss , this is : avenger s shield- c.s - holy wrath - c.s - judgement- c.s - wog - c.s - shield of rightous ..... this rotatotion have 2 help for survivor, because you are protect on block and also alternate wog up for rigenerate life . YOU need max a.p for make a good aggro ,use scroll of strenght, flask of endless rage and fish / a.p give another boost on heal with wog ( use avenging wrath at pull if your party / raid make a big damage ). very important you need are capped on block ...try this on boss and tell me if are a good mode .
vyrus

Re: surv rotation

Postby Arees » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:38 am

vyrus wrote:im vyruss form chamber of aspect and i use a particolar rotation for survivor mode versus boss , this is : avenger s shield- c.s - holy wrath - c.s - judgement- c.s - wog - c.s - shield of rightous ..... this rotatotion have 2 help for survivor, because you are protect on block and also alternate wog up for rigenerate life . YOU need max a.p for make a good aggro ,use scroll of strenght, flask of endless rage and fish / a.p give another boost on heal with wog ( use avenging wrath at pull if your party / raid make a big damage ). very important you need are capped on block ...try this on boss and tell me if are a good mode .

I'm still trying to figure out if this is spam or not...
Arees

Postby Arees » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:45 am

vyrus wrote:avenger s shield- c.s - holy wrath - c.s - judgement- c.s - wog - c.s - shield of rightous

just in case this is a serious post....

You have the right idea of wanting to use CS as every other attack. However... there is no point at all in doing CS -> WoG -> CS -> ShoR because that ShoR will only bea 1 hopo attack because the previous WoG will consume it all. Also, your non CS attack priority should be Judgement > Avengers Shield > Holy Wrath...

Disclaimer: All this is subject to change based on what they do to us on the beta. In fact, this may already be wrong as I type it, but I don't think it is. Someone please correct me if so
Arees

Postby vyrus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 am

yes wog consume all holy power but at the end of rotaion you make c.s and shield of righteous...... only 1 holy power for put up block capped and when time leave holy shield, rotation is ready for restore.
vyrus

Postby Ryyu » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:29 am

Its life Jim, But not as we know it.

Im stuggling to understand you, but you are aware that WoG if speced procs Holy shield? 1HP SotR is... Well if we had a spell of its power that didn't use HP wed never use it..
Ryyu

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:39 am

I think what they're trying to say is that you've got the rotation wrong.
Belloc

Postby theckhd » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:52 am

vyrus wrote:yes wog consume all holy power but at the end of rotaion you make c.s and shield of righteous...... only 1 holy power for put up block capped and when time leave holy shield, rotation is ready for restore.

Almost every viable paladin spec puts at least one point in Guarded by the Light, which grants the Holy Shield buff whenever you cast WoG. Thus, you wouldn't need to cast Shield of the Righteous at all in that rotation. You'd be better-off just following the standard rotation with WoG instead of ShoR:

CS-J-CS-(AS or HW)-CS-WoG-(another WoG if Eternal Glory procs, repeat until EG stops proccing)-
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby kurtizzle » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 pm

theckhd wrote:
CS-J-CS-(AS or HW)-CS-WoG-(another WoG if Eternal Glory procs, repeat until EG stops proccing)-

^^ Really, Theck I thought no one would chain WoG like that, as the absorb effect doesn't stack. Even if you wasn't attempting to stack the absorb (I.E 1 talent), if you're at max health whats the point?

Towliee has some nice videos, which I'm sure you are aware of, but he has a power aura configuration to allow him to 'fish' for sacred duty procs and watch the cool down on the absorb mechanic of WoG's GbtL..

Kind of something like:

Has sacred duty procced?
Yes > SHOR
No > WoG

Has Holy Power been used?
Yes > Crusader Strike
No > SHOR - into Crusader Strike

I suppose you could toss the WoG on someone else, have a focus macro or something like that, all I'm saying is getting into a habbit of only using WoG seems weak play, oh and I'm pretty sure you must mean to stack the absorbs, because dropping two talents into Eternal Glory and not maxing GbtL also seems a little daft.

Edited: My qoute was messed up, removed some 'hasty remarks'.

Kurt
Last edited by kurtizzle on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kurtizzle lvl 80 Tankadin T7/7.5/Badgeloot/roic drops
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby Blackharon » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Fairly certain Theck just didn't think he needed to qualify that statement with a 'am I at full health yet' comment, because if you're using a survival rotation, you're probably sitting at 10% health and one WoG won't top you off.
The Cat's out of the bag!
Pickpawcket for iPhone and iPad
http://www.pickpawcket.com
Blackharon

Postby theckhd » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:24 pm

kurtizzle wrote:^^ Really, Theck I thought no one would chain WoG like that, as the absorb effect doesn't stack. Even if you wasn't attempting to stack the absorb (I.E 1 talent), if you're at max health whats the point.

It doesn't have to stack for chain-WoG to be useful for a number of reasons.

1. I'm not always at 100% health, so if any significant part of the WoG wasn't overheal, I still have something to gain by casting it again. Some of my most visceral EG memories are the ones where I'm at 10% health and get several EG procs in a row.
  2. Most boss swing timers are less than 1.5 seconds even after JotJ. Chances are the boss has attacked you once between every WoG cast, and our avoidance is pretty abysmal now (especially if reforging for mastery), so there's a good chance that part of that absorb shield has been used by the time the GCD is up.
  3. Obviously if you're at full health and just gave yoruself a WoG shield, and you've taken no damage since, there's little point in doing it again. Either dump it on a raid member, dump that HoPo into ShoR and move on, or for that matter wait until you take damage again to cast WoG. You can always keep up the rotation and "waste" the extra holy power gains from CS while you wait to take damage. The DPS loss may be irrelevant in a scenario where survivability is of great concern.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Noradin » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:04 am

You could also just cast consecrate instead of CS...
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Consecrate? whats that?
I thought blizz never wanted us to use that again.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Vrimmel » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:28 am

What is our best rotation if holy power is not an issue? Sometimes if I'm soloing (or survival mode) I like to save my hopow instead of using it for a CS if I'm full. Because you might get knocked pretty low before you are able to restore your hopow.
Vrimmel

Postby Neptuno » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:52 am

Vrimmel wrote:What is our best rotation if holy power is not an issue? Sometimes if I'm soloing (or survival mode) I like to save my hopow instead of using it for a CS if I'm full. Because you might get knocked pretty low before you are able to restore your hopow.

depends on spec and number of mobs, but AS is probably better dps single target if glyphed. HotR is probably best anyway in large number setups
Neptuno

Return to Cataclysm