Remove Advertisements

Game plan for Realm 1st 85?

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Game plan for Realm 1st 85?

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:19 pm

Flex wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:I'm not sure you need to do any quests to SEE any of the quartermasters but I know that getting to the Earthen Ring place in Vashj'ir will be either impossible or incredibly hard without doing some quests there. Either that or that place actually is phased.

I'm also not sure about Ramakhen, I don't think you can talk to any of the dudes there without doing the intro quest.

I'll log on tonight and check this all out.

My peeve stems from the revamped leveling and rep gains in WotLK. I can hit friendly KotEB in Zul'Drak and hit 80 without setting foot in Icecrown. However I'd need to do some quests to get the Tabard to get the instance rep while I continue questing for gold.

The only thing I can think of that that might be an issue with is the Earthen Ring.

Vashj'ir - Earthen Ring
Hyjal - Guardians of Hyjal
Deepholm - Earthen Ring again, also Therazane (parallel questing paths)
Uldum - Ramakhen
Twilight Highlands - Wildhammer

So if you hit 83 in Hyjal and then move to Deepholm and hit Friendly with ER there, you might have an issue. Why there isn't an ER QM in the Temple of Earth is beyond me.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:20 pm

halabar wrote:Listening to the Call To Auction podcast at the moment, and the quartermaster in Twilight Highlands that sells most of the high-end crafting patterns/recipes is hidden behind phasing. So there are some phasing-dependent limitations depending on what your character does. If your pally is a BS or JC, you'll need to do those quests (and rep?) to level your professions.

so THAT'S where that shit is...
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
halabar wrote:Listening to the Call To Auction podcast at the moment, and the quartermaster in Twilight Highlands that sells most of the high-end crafting patterns/recipes is hidden behind phasing. So there are some phasing-dependent limitations depending on what your character does. If your pally is a BS or JC, you'll need to do those quests (and rep?) to level your professions.

Yeah, you won't be able to max JC, BS, LW, or Tailoring to 525 without leveling and doing those quests/rep.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:28 pm

halabar wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Yeah, you won't be able to max JC, BS, LW, or Tailoring to 525 without leveling and doing those quests/rep.

I'm reaaaaally glad Alchemy isn't included in that list.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:31 pm

I'm not certain, but the Earthen Ring quartermaster is in one of the few places that doesn't start out empty then fill up as you do quests there, so it may still have all the NPCs if you swim straight there without questing. You'll still have to do the first quest to breathe underwater and probably will want to continue until you get the seahorse, though.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Bastien » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:12 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:You'll still have to do the first quest to breathe underwater and probably will want to continue until you get the seahorse, though.

This is pretty much mandatory if you plan to spend any amount of time in Vashj'ir. Ever.
ImageImage
Bastien

Previous

Return to Cataclysm