What gear is needed for the first couple of instances?

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: What gear is needed for the first couple of instances?

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:01 pm

theckhd wrote:
Linguist wrote:Also, please do not tell me what we need for CC. There is about 15 posts about CC. We are using this group, because this is our classes. We do NOT want to use CC primarily because we are going for SERVER FIRST.

The only server first you're going for with this strategy is "Server First: Discovered Blackrock Mountain Graveyard"

We already have almost everything worked out.

So despite the fact that most class' AoE DPS is considerably weaker than single-target DPS for small groups (like, say, dungeon pulls for example), you really think that AoE-ing every pack of 2-4 mobs is going to be more efficient?

The Almighty Theckhd has spoken, perhaps you should talk to your group as it appears they also don't have much beta experience and then perhaps with the use of this thread, you can convince them that infact using CC is faster, they can spec/glyph for max single target DPS.

Dont forget as you level your gear gets weaker fast! As ratings become weakend by level gains, your healer will start to struggle between pulls, momentum will breakdown. You will start burning cooldowns on trash to try and speed things up only to ultimate have to wait for 'MB'.

If you want my opinion you're probably better served massing up consumerbles, buff food and flasks to burn through this dungeon grinding rather than amasing gear over the next few weeks, if your really serrious about server first, maybe a good nights sleep on the 5th and get everthing in RL sorted beacause it takes around 11 hours to get to 84 running BRC... (Link comming soon)

Is your healer an Alchemist? From my undertsand he would like to be, for the infinate mana pots and if you're confused as to what I'm on about, you should be asking questions like 'is it viable to heal through instances from 80-85 in the same gear?'.

Even if you had a tank at every level range with great gear, healing 80-85 in the same gear would be quite difficult, they are going to have to drink alot...

Not using CC increases healer mana consumption < FACT.

Good Luck, I am going to be leveling from 80-83/84 in BRC using CC with friends but I'm not going for server first. (FYI I'm stopping at 83/84 so I can aquire rep items at 85 and to spend some time getting proffs up)

Kurt
Kurtizzle lvl 80 Tankadin T7/7.5/Badgeloot/roic drops
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:09 pm

kurtizzle wrote:The Almighty Theckhd has spoken,

Come on dude, we were saying this way before theck posted. :P
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 pm

Sabindeus wrote:

Cherry on the cake anyone?

Your right, but it made me giggle writing it.
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby bldavis » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 am

kurtizzle wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Cherry on the cake anyone?

Your right, but it made me giggle writing it.

it just makes us look like Thack fanbois

but then again alot of us are..... :oops:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Bertman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:56 am

Wait, I haven't followed the entire Cata discussion about the new instances as I'd like to discover most of it in game, but are you guys saying we gonne need CC in normal mode dungeons? While levelling?

I would really like that, as I'm tired of roflstomping everything. I'm quite glad I'm in guild with peeps that know how to play, not to sound elitist, but pugging is gonne suck at first if this is true :s
Bertman

Postby mclem » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:49 am

Bertman wrote:I would really like that, as I'm tired of roflstomping everything. I'm quite glad I'm in guild with peeps that know how to play, not to sound elitist, but pugging is gonne suck at first if this is true :s

I'm sitting here thinking "That's great, and I like the change, but I'm going to be so damn overworked helping out my guild".

I give it a week before I start ranting incessantly at anyone who *dares* to make my perpetual turmoil last just that little bit longer.
mclem

Postby kurtizzle » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Yeah I'll try tone down the Theckhd worship a little.

So suppose it's a good time to link in

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic

80-85 plans seem to be covered well there, as much as I'd like realm first I don't want to get rushed into hospital 5 min after I ding 85. So my plan is;

Hand in 25 quests.
Grab 'learns' from profession trainers, buy 'fly in azeroth'.
Level up mining to max from Mount Hyjal
Log off sleep two hours
Go to work :(
Log on after work
Grind BRC to 83 with guildies.
------
Quest Deepholme as high level Ret untill complete.
------
Quest Uldum as high level Ret untill complete.
------
Complete every instance once with Guildies.
------
Work on Arch secondary Proff and grab any mining nodes along the way.

If I'm not 85 by then I'll try get in some Tol Barad / PvP.
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Can you hit max mining off of Obsidium? I know at 525 it's gray but I don't know when it turned gray because I moved to Deepholm as soon as I was high enough to mine elementium. Deepholm is definitely the best for levelling mining.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:26 pm

When I levelled mining on Beta I just took my level 80 toon to Uldum as soon as he was able to mine Elementium. Seemed to work pretty well, lot of nodes and almost no mobs along the northern edge of the zone. Never tried Deepholm because I never put the effort in to level him to 82.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:35 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:When I levelled mining on Beta I just took my level 80 toon to Uldum as soon as he was able to mine Elementium. Seemed to work pretty well, lot of nodes and almost no mobs along the northern edge of the zone. Never tried Deepholm because I never put the effort in to level him to 82.

I guess that works, but on beta Deepholm is as ridiculously overpopulated with Elementium nodes as Icecrown was with Saronite in WotLK beta. Hit 525 mining really quick there. Uldum's concentration across the north border doesn't even begin to compare.
Sabindeus

Postby Malthrax » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:36 am

Sabindeus wrote:

Should be "Theckhd Almighty", imo.
Malthrax

Postby Grannus » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:26 am

My 5-man group has been practicing farming BRC to 82/83 on the beta - we've been able to clear it in 10-12 minutes per run - with the only CC being required on the final boss (chain pulling mobs straight to bosses etc). This is in completely ilevel 277/284.

We tested how fast we could get through Stonecore at 82 and it was a pain simply because mob health was significantly higher and took longer to kill in comparison to BRC and bosses take significantly longer to kill due to some unique mechanics.

If you're coordinated and skilled enough you can burn through BRC (normal) quickly and pretty easily straight to 83. However if you aren't as geared as our group was you'll struggle quite a bit.
Grannus

Postby Braundo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:38 am

Malthrax wrote:Should be "Theckhd Almighty", imo.

How did I just now realize that Bruce Almighty and Evan Almighty were done by the same guy? He needs to be stopped if he tries to make a third one.

(Sorry for the off-topic.)

Grannus wrote:My 5-man group has been practicing farming BRC to 82/83 on the beta - we've been able to clear it in 10-12 minutes per run - with the only CC being required on the final boss (chain pulling mobs straight to bosses etc). This is in completely ilevel 277/284.

If you went and tried to do quests/whatever at level 83, how did you fare in your gear? Since I don't think more than a couple tank pieces drop in BRC, were you finding yourself having trouble with Deepholm content because your gear was a little bit underleveled for the zone? Or was it not much of a big deal? (Or, did you not try it at all?) That's my main concern about chain dungeon-running.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby allikat » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:23 am

You still have some time before this hits, why not hit up some of the spoiler sites, and look for all the quests that don't have objectives the allies will be after. There's bound to be plenty of those available for quick xp and cata items?
I mean, look at the mount hyjal area, the initial horde and alliance starting areas there are well spread out, you should be able to get a half level or more before even running into any alliance guys who aren't either lost or exploring.
Vanilla paladins, never forget, never forgive.
Quel'serrar serrar... whatever I am, I tank :)
allikat

Postby Arees » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:27 am

Braundo wrote:were you finding yourself having trouble with Deepholm content because your gear was a little bit underleveled for the zone? Or was it not much of a big deal? (Or, did you not try it at all?) That's my main concern about chain dungeon-running.

When I leveled on beta and for the most part I didn't even start replacing any gear until deepholm. I replaced 1, maybe 2 pieces in Hyjal with a blue quest item, but most of the greens I got in the first zone were about the same, maybe even slightly better than the gear I had, but only if you didn't consider gems/enchants. In deepholm though is when that started changing and I started finding gear that was a definite upgrade.
Arees

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm