Remove Advertisements

Haven't logged in since 10/18--- WHAZZUP?!?

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Haven't logged in since 10/18--- WHAZZUP?!?

Postby Feanorion » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Any changes of note to prot paladin from 10/18? I saw in another thread that they took away block-capping viability but increased block dr (YAY for riding damage tsunamis!!!). Anything else of big importance changed in that time frame?

EDIT: Haven't logged into WoW since the 18th.
Feanorion

Re: Haven't logged in since 10/18--- WHAZZUP?!?

Postby d503 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:17 pm

View Active Topics is your friend...
d503

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:54 pm

Go play CoD for another 6 weeks. Seriously. There have been enough rounds of changes and with more likely to come, you're better off just waiting until the actual launch, and maybe even a few weeks after that.

(i'm not touching my pally until then, if ever again, other than to be a JC slave in Dallyland).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Feanorion » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:25 pm

halabar wrote:Go play CoD for another 6 weeks. Seriously. There have been enough rounds of changes and with more likely to come, you're better off just waiting until the actual launch, and maybe even a few weeks after that.

(i'm not touching my pally until then, if ever again, other than to be a JC slave in Dallyland).

CoD?

???????????????

I've been learning to tank in LotRO. Feanoradan, Dwarrowdelf server. Its really a LOT of fun. No Recount meters allowed, no DBM, no Omen, no Barrens/Trade idiotchat. Instances scalable to group size. Even little things like 2 costume tabs (you can equip gear and then sell it, and still have it as the visible gear set you're wearing), and you can dye items so that the colors match. Crafting is a lot more fun. Questing is the big difference. Quests are short (although quest chains can be long and involved), and quest item drop rates are close to 100% (Arathi Highland raptors, that was for YOU!!!).

I miss the people I raided with, but I don't miss WoW itself one little bit. I'll probably go back in at some point for those people, and even moreso for my GF, who still loves WoW, so I am making some effort to remain kinda/sorta informed.

As for "Active Topics", that seems to be a bit of a misnomer. None of the threads/topics here see a ton of traffic. The traffic that is here is much higher quality than the Forums, though. Not a complaint or a criticism--- just an observation.
Feanorion

Postby Bastien » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:44 pm

d503 wrote:View Active Topics is your friend...

The main issue I see with that is that it shows topics from all forums. There's A LOT of stuff in General and other forums I just don't care about.

Then again, I've lurked on these forums long enough to develop a sort of pattern to find what I'm interested in. ;-)

/end derail
ImageImage
Bastien

Postby mavfin » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Feanorion wrote:
halabar wrote:Go play CoD for another 6 weeks. Seriously. There have been enough rounds of changes and with more likely to come, you're better off just waiting until the actual launch, and maybe even a few weeks after that.

CoD?

???????????????

I've been learning to tank in LotRO. Feanoradan, Dwarrowdelf server. Its really a LOT of fun. No Recount meters allowed, no DBM, no Omen, no Barrens/Trade idiotchat. Instances scalable to group size. Even little things like 2 costume tabs (you can equip gear and then sell it, and still have it as the visible gear set you're wearing), and you can dye items so that the colors match. Crafting is a lot more fun. Questing is the big difference. Quests are short (although quest chains can be long and involved), and quest item drop rates are close to 100% (Arathi Highland raptors, that was for YOU!!!).

I miss the people I raided with, but I don't miss WoW itself one little bit. I'll probably go back in at some point for those people, and even moreso for my GF, who still loves WoW, so I am making some effort to remain kinda/sorta informed.

As for "Active Topics", that seems to be a bit of a misnomer. None of the threads/topics here see a ton of traffic. The traffic that is here is much higher quality than the Forums, though. Not a complaint or a criticism--- just an observation.

If this is the best you can post in these forums after 3 weeks away, I question whether you should come back at all. Have fun with all those games that are more fun for you, and stop wasting your time here.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Feanorion » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:33 pm

mavfin wrote:
Feanorion wrote:

CoD?

???????????????

If this is the best you can post in these forums after 3 weeks away, I question whether you should come back at all. Have fun with all those games that are more fun for you, and stop wasting your time here.

Screw off.
Feanorion

Postby Neptuno » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:47 pm

whoever thought rage wasn't a resource for paladins didn't see the above posts
Neptuno

Postby Feanorion » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Neptuno wrote:whoever thought rage wasn't a resource for paladins didn't see the above posts

No rage here. Not sure where you even get that. I simply will not tolerate being told not to post here by some random schmuck. If I was at all worked up, I would have a thesis-length dissertation on the matter. That just just a dismissal. Nothing more. As for any posts before that? Care to explain any perceived rage in any prior post in this thread?
Feanorion

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:09 pm

I prefer the new posts link. Ok, it's not really a link, but it works in most PHPBBesque forums.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... b_v=search

Also, locking this to nip it in the bud. Mavfin, you know better.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Return to Cataclysm