Remove Advertisements

Cataclysm Beta - Build 13242

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13242

Postby sherck » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:52 am

AriKT wrote: * Holy Radiance 20 yards range added to the tooltip.

I have not commented on it before but I like the concept of Holy Radiance having a larger range but the effect falling off over that range. Stack in close to get the full effect but still be able to deliver some healing at longer ranges. A good change to the Paladin's unlimited target, "geographic" heal (like Healing Rain and Efforvence and Holy Nova)

AriKT wrote: * Light of Dawn now uses Holy Power instead of Mana. Now heals up to 5 targets. No longer has a cooldown - Consumes all Holy Power to send a wave of healing energy before you, healing up to 5 of the most injured targets in your party or raid within a 30 yard frontal cone for 1008.96 to 1124.15 per charge of Holy Power.

Ahh, the Paladin "smart" heal has arrived. This change is win in just so many ways:

1. Another Holy Power dump instead of just WoG. More choice is good.

2. Limited target number. Having 2 unlimited number of target heals in Holy Radiance and LoD was going to ensure that both were weak in 5/10 man play so that 25 man raids were not over the top strong. Now, this can be harder hitting because it will only heal 5 targets.

3. Smart Heal. Big fan of smart heals; it is a powerful healing tool. It allows the Healadin to at least have the illusion in their mind that their heal is being more effective rather than just adding to overhealing.

4. No CD. Love this change. Granted, it will be limited to my Holy Power generation but in the right situation where I can "spam" Crusader Strike and Holy Shock at the same time, I could be generating enough HoPow to get these off on a fairly regular basis which is a good thing.

5. Different from Holy Radiance. Yes, other than the shape of the healing area, Holy Rad and LoD were the same spell. Now, they are different and different is good.

So much win in this change. Good job Blizzard.

AriKT wrote: * Blessed Life now cannot occur more than 8 seconds (up from 2 seconds).

Pretty much writes this talent off for PvE Healadins. Now, I have significantly better options for my limited talent points than something that will only deliver HoPow on certain types of attacks and then only at 8 sec invervals. Nice for PvP, now off the list for PvE, IMO.

AriKT wrote: * Protector of the Innocent now affects heals on any target except yourself.

Not much of a change for the PvE Healadin. I rarely ever healed myself while healing in a group letting PotI and LoD do the majority of my self-healing. I bet this is pretty big in PvP but not much of an effect for PvE.

AriKT wrote: * Divine Storm no longer uses Holy Power. Now deals 60% weapon damage, costs 5% of base mana, and has a 4.5 sec cooldown.

Not a Holy change but for my Ret off-spec, I thank blizzard from the bottom of my heart. It was a pain in the a$$ when running low level instances like Stocks to gather up a large number of mobs, get them in a large group and then have to build up 3 HoPow charges before being able to hit the DS button. Consecrate hits like a wet noodle now with a large number of mobs in its effect (last pull of VC from Mr. Smite onward and my Consecrate was doing a whole 47 points per tick. Good golly, Blizzard. I am level 80....) so I am glad that I again have an "on demand" AoE ability that is not on a long CD (Holy Wrath).

Overall, I am pretty darn happy with most of the changes and absolutly, utterly and completely in love with the Light of Dawn change.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Flex » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:32 am

Slight change to health from stamina. 14 health per point of stamina on an unspecced character. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 6541&sid=1
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby AriKT » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:11 am

Flex wrote:Slight change to health from stamina. 14 health per point of stamina on an unspecced character. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 6541&sid=1

I wouldn't really call that a slight change. If its intended its a major boost to health, and more Vengeance...lol.
AriKT

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:15 am

sigh... WTB a beta raiding guild
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:20 am

WTB Beta, period.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:23 am

Klaudandus wrote:WTB Beta, period.

meh

without people to raid with it's not that great at this point :|
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:43 am

Don't really care. I just want another way to provide parses to Theck.

It's all I really ever used the PTR for. I mean, I did do some heroics here and there, but about 80% of the time I was on the PTR was for smacking dummies.
Last edited by Klaudandus on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Marsha » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:43 am

My level 85 premade has 143,839 HP unbuffed now.

My actual 85 has 109,228 HP

We got a new graphic for HotR too.

Marsha

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:45 am

Marsha wrote:We got a new graphic for HotR too.

I um... I dunno how to parse that. Is that like a shockwave across the ground?

animated gif or utub vid plox!
Sabindeus

Postby Marsha » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:51 am

Sabindeus wrote:Is that like a shockwave across the ground?

animated gif or utub vid plox!

Yea it starts out around you and extends out as shown in the SS.
Marsha

Postby Braundo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:01 am

Marsha wrote:Yea it starts out around you and extends out as shown in the SS.

That...looks like it will be somewhat annoying to have going off every 3 seconds.

Though, I suppose it really needs a clear way to depict its effect radius, and I can't come up with a better idea.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:39 am

Question: Didn't consecration have an animation where it was a yellow circle with runes and whatever on it? What happened to it?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:56 am

Klaudandus wrote:Question: Didn't consecration have an animation where it was a yellow circle with runes and whatever on it? What happened to it?

no, it didn't
Sabindeus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:11 pm

Maybe it's time it should, don't ya think?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Holyblaze » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Maybe it's time it should, don't ya think?

haha very smoth setup there. I agree.
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm