Deathwing goes burninating!

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Deathwing goes burninating!

Postby Malthrax » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:37 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Regarding how he will be weakened, I believe that at Blizzcon the devs referred to the need for the dragon aspects to get together again to corner him, with Thrall potentially standing in for the Earth aspect.

I thought Thrall was slated to become the next Guardian of Tirisfal? Or did they abandon that?
Malthrax

Postby Braundo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:55 am

I haven't heard anything about the Guardian business for quite a while, so maybe. Metzen did seem to imply pretty strongly that Thrall might become the new Earth Warder, though.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Dantriges » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:08 pm

Every straight stand and fight combat against a dragon in an RPG is more or less silly. It´s a shame that they killed Malygos in such a cheap way in T7 content. I am leveling another toon at the moment and redicover all these quests where the Blue Dragonflight was one of the big menaces.

IIRC there was the rumor that Thrall becomes the new Earth Aspect. I wonder who will stand in for the Magic aspect. We already killed Malygos. Perhaps there are some repercussions because of that.

I don´t like this whole Deathwing burns a zone and kills everyone there thing. Can you actually avoid it? Fel reaver was ok, he announced himself quite early, was large and no so fast and it was over after you left hellfire peninsula.
Dantriges

Postby Malthrax » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Dantriges wrote:I don´t like this whole Deathwing burns a zone and kills everyone there thing. Can you actually avoid it? Fel reaver was ok, he announced himself quite early, was large and no so fast and it was over after you left hellfire peninsula.

I'm looking forward to the incessant whining in trade chat about how unfair it is that a L88 skull+++ mob is indiscriminately pwnz0ring lowbies & n00bs and that they have no ability to escape or fight back. I find it quite humorous.

Not quite as fun as the pre-Wrath events, though. I kinda liked getting infected and getting all Zombeh on the dull-witted.
Malthrax

Postby Shathus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:32 pm

Alexstrassa and Ysera attack Deathwing, he repels them leaving you to fight him for a few phases. At 10%, the 2 aspects rejoin the fight with the help of Thrall/other elements and succeed in blowing apart some of the plating on Deathwing's chest exposing a weak spot. You then burn him down the last 10%,defeating him once and for all.

However, there must always be an Earth Warden, and Thrall agrees to take on the job. At which point we must all leave, and never return.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby d503 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Dantriges wrote:IIRC there was the rumor that Thrall becomes the new Earth Aspect. I wonder who will stand in for the Magic aspect. We already killed Malygos. Perhaps there are some repercussions because of that.

Metzen announced in the Quests & Lore panel that Kalecgos will be the new Blue Dragon Aspect. This makes sense, considering his prominence in the dragon "community", lore, and his presence at Wyrmrest Tower.

Also, he indicated that Thrall would "fill the spot" of the Earth Aspect. Paraphrasing: "The family's been broken for 10,000 years. Thrall is going to fill that void that Deathwing left."

Whether or not he actually becomes a Black Dragon is up to speculation...but would be cool!

The Guardian of Tirisfal is Med'an, son of Medivh and Garona Halforcen...yes, the new Guardian is Half Human, Quarter Orc, Quarter Draenei...woohoo drama! http://goo.gl/771V
d503

Postby Malthrax » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Shathus wrote:Alexstrassa and Ysera attack Deathwing, he repels them leaving you to fight him for a few phases. At 10%, the 2 aspects rejoin the fight with the help of Thrall/other elements and succeed in blowing apart some of the plating on Deathwing's chest exposing a weak spot. You then burn him down the last 10%,defeating him once and for all.

However, there must always be an Earth Warden, and Thrall agrees to take on the job. At which point we must all leave, and never return.

... and also specifically not erect a gigantic golden monument to commemorate the event.
Malthrax

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:22 pm

d503 wrote:The Guardian of Tirisfal is Med'an, son of Medivh and Garona Halforcen...yes, the new Guardian is Half Human, Quarter Orc, Quarter Draenei...woohoo drama! http://goo.gl/771V

Med'an Sue =(
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:40 pm

who would win in a fight between Rhonin and Med'an
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Sabindeus wrote:who would win in a fight between Rhonin and Med'an

No matter who wins, we lose /AvP
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Related events?

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:36 pm

I was out farming dragonkin in azshara, when i saw an odd event.
Rumbly patch of ground, with a bunch of earth elementals milling around it.
I went to gank them but they despawned :(

Mini world events?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:57 pm

*Puts his Tinfoil hat back on*
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Re: Related events?

Postby d503 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:05 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:I was out farming dragonkin in azshara, when i saw an odd event.
Rumbly patch of ground, with a bunch of earth elementals milling around it.
I went to gank them but they despawned :(

Mini world events?

Need to check the news more often broughaime: http://goo.gl/9GuM
d503

Postby Neptuno » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:25 pm

burn those afkers! i want to see him come through BGs!!
Neptuno

Postby culhag » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:45 am

Shoju wrote:and there will be legendaries. Oh how there will be legendaries. They may only be purple in color, but think back upon the things that Deathwing has done in his time. I doubt you will see tier loot from Deathwing. You will probably see weapons, though the idea that he just drops "scales" or "interesting pieces of stuff" that you could then use to get things crafted would be far cooler, it isn't going to happen. There will probably be a ton of weapons, amazing super awesome totally cool weapons.

Yeah like the amazing drops from Arthas. :roll:
culhag
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm