BlizzCon Class Q&A

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: BlizzCon Class Q&A

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:31 am

Yeah, I don't get the way Paladin get developed at times -- It's like they're running in circles. C'est la vie~
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Griffith » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:02 am

as an aside, anyone else get uber annoyed when one of your holy wrath charges blows a critter up?
Griffith

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:10 am

Well, that critter was prolly full of sin and decadence, so it was just asking for it.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Korola » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:36 am

Griffith wrote:as an aside, anyone else get uber annoyed when one of your holy wrath charges blows a critter up?

Interesting - coupled with

Xenix wrote:Got a nice surprise yesterday when I had 80-90 zombies rounded up for the Zombiefest achievement and went to use HoTR, then Consecration to kill them all and discovered both of those now have the 10-mob aoe damage cap. Took me a good 20-30 seconds to kill them all (when it would have been instant pre-patch), and I had to HW stun plus heal myself at least twice to survive. (probably should have switched to ret aura and let them kill themselves but I was too shocked at them not dying fast to think about it)

When did that change get put in? :cry:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... &start=165
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:48 am

Korola wrote:
Griffith wrote:as an aside, anyone else get uber annoyed when one of your holy wrath charges blows a critter up?

But Holy Wrath is a strange beast.

I believe the damage can be calculated as where N is the number of targets it hits:
(Base Damage+Scaling)/N+Scaling

It behaves not like other AoE attacks.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Phonic wrote:
Sober wrote:Nice they finally gave DP a purpose again after making it a 2min CD and drastically nerfing the mana return while keeping the healing debuff. At least now everyone has a reason to pop it. Does it grant 3 HoPo on press? I could see alot of pallies mostly popping it and then cancelling it in pvp to get the holy power immediately or something.

Looking like this will be prot only.

Admittedly, I haven't played Ret at all, but it only affecting Prot sounds like it makes sense. Part of the reason for going to a holy power type of system was that ret was too strong on their opening sequence, being purely CD based and having all CDs available. Allowing them to start with full holy power, sounds like it would just go right back to that model.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Korola » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Flex wrote:I believe the damage can be calculated as where N is the number of targets it hits:

I thought it was a matter of -

Damage = (0.3 * holy power + 2153) * 10/N

The tool tip is wonky on wowhead right now -
Holy Wrath Level 80
20% of base mana
Instant cast 15 sec cooldown

$?56420[Sends bolts of holy power in all directions, causing (0.3 * holy power + 2153) Holy damage divided among all targets within 10 yds and stunning all Demons, Dragonkin, Elementals and Undead for 3 sec.]
[Sends bolts of holy power in all directions, causing (0.3 * holy power + 2153) Holy damage divided among all targets within 10 yds and stunning all Demons and Undead for 3 sec.]
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:11 pm

Griffith wrote:I find it funny that the situation they have wanted to avoid is now plausible: Mid fight, you could pop Inq, then DP, SotR.

And yes, I know that isn't optimal, but they are so against us doing that, now they gave us a way to do it
They are only concerned about you wanting Inq and holy shield up all the time, or close to it. They want more of an "either or" model, and DP has a long enough CD that it won't really cause that situation.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby theckhd » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:51 pm

Korola wrote:
Flex wrote:I believe the damage can be calculated as where N is the number of targets it hits:

I thought it was a matter of -

Damage = (0.3 * holy power + 2153) * 10/N

The tool tip is wonky on wowhead right now -

The tooltip is wrong. The base+scaling*(N+1) formula has been confirmed with data on live and beta, both by myself and Redcape over at EJ.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Dantriges » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:21 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Griffith wrote:I find it funny that the situation they have wanted to avoid is now plausible: Mid fight, you could pop Inq, then DP, SotR.

And yes, I know that isn't optimal, but they are so against us doing that, now they gave us a way to do it
They are only concerned about you wanting Inq and holy shield up all the time, or close to it. They want more of an "either or" model, and DP has a long enough CD that it won't really cause that situation.

Is the tooltip wrong that Holy shield gets activated by inq?
Dantriges

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:55 pm

It's not Holy Shield and Inq that they're worried bout, but rather Inq and ShoR.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Dantriges » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:45 pm

Yes, it was the first time that I heard they don´t want holy shield up with Inq.

the whole issue is a little bit weird- The numbers implytha double shor wouldbea better investment anyways. So is it just some design feature to keep people from trying to run both who don´t know beter?
Dantriges

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Many of us have suggested Inq getting removed when using ShoR if that was a concern -- not one time before, was Holy Shield brought into the conversation when talking about Inquisition, after all, Holy Shield does not cause any reflective damage anymore.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:21 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Many of us have suggested Inq getting removed when using ShoR if that was a concern -- not one time before, was Holy Shield brought into the conversation when talking about Inquisition, after all, Holy Shield does not cause any reflective damage anymore.

Yes, I'm sure he meant ShoR. My bad, my brain was thinking ShoR but my fingers typed what was in his comment.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:45 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Many of us have suggested Inq getting removed when using ShoR if that was a concern -- not one time before, was Holy Shield brought into the conversation when talking about Inquisition, after all, Holy Shield does not cause any reflective damage anymore.

Yes, I'm sure he meant ShoR. My bad, my brain was thinking ShoR but my fingers typed what was in his comment.

It might not be a slip of the tongue... He mentions "We don't want you to have both of your "finishers" that buff you up at the same time.".

Holy Shield and Inq are both buffs, so there might be something extra going on.
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm