Divine Plea: Opener for pulling

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Divine Plea: Opener for pulling

Postby Iselian » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Taken from the MMO-Champion live feed on the Class Q&A at Blizzcon:

"Q: Holy Power generation is gimped for generation of threat overall. Do you have any plans to give Judgment a guaranteed proc for Holy Power? Or maybe a chance to proc free Holy Power? Do you have any ideas to fix this problem?

A: One trap we want to avoid is that you can keep Inquisition and Holy Shield up at the same time. We don't want you to have both of your "finishers" that buff you up at the same time.

But one problem is warriors are generating too much threat. We fixed that last week.

A: But we changed it so Divine Plea will generate 3 Holy Power when used so you can start with Holy Power on the pull."

No direct link available yet; I can only say to go to MMO-Champion and scroll through the live feed at the top. It's just above the talk of nomnomnom and zealotry, just below the talk of racials and murlocs/worgen/goblins.

Link here, check the paladin section.

They don't want us to have increased block chance and improved holy damage at the same time. Right. Well, at least we can have a good opener on the pull. Exorcism => Judgement in hopes of SD => SotR?
Last edited by Iselian on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iselian

Re: Divine Plea: Opener for pulling

Postby towelliee » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:53 pm

I'm sittig here in the crowd and yes this is the iiisshhhh I was the one guy screaming like a little girl when they mentioned that.
towelliee

Postby Feanorion » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:53 pm

If this sticks, that cures a lot of ills. DPS don't have to hold back for 9 seconds on a pull; we don't have to drag critters or trash mobs along with us. I actually approve of this change, and it should have been implemented a long time ago.

BUT!!!

Warriors were generating too much threat? Really? Almost all I've read about on the forums were warriors complaining about threat. I don't run with any warrior tanks, so I have no clue if this was true or not. C/D?
Feanorion

Postby towelliee » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:59 pm

Hink they meant aoe tankng cause their single is ok
towelliee

Postby Phonic » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:05 pm

It sad they still think we want both inq and sotr. Read theck's thread please!
Phonic

Postby Iselian » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:06 pm

Feanorion wrote:Warriors were generating too much threat? Really? Almost all I've read about on the forums were warriors complaining about threat. I don't run with any warrior tanks, so I have no clue if this was true or not. C/D?

1) Could be at 85
2) Could be AoE, not single target as towelliee said

Either way, the focus is on the DP change. If it's baseline, good news for Holy and Ret too. If that ends up being OP, then woo for prot-only talents.
Iselian

Postby Notorius101 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:16 pm

The said it would be a prot only talent
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Notorius101

Postby Rashne » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:05 pm

It's also possible he meant warrior dps threat, which has been really high with no threat dumps for most of this expansion. Besides, the bigger point is that DP will be useful for prot again. I haven't cast it in combat since the patch. We don't use consecrate (much) anymore and the return on Judgment is great.
Rashne

Postby knaughty » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Divine Plea change is awesome news, I'm off to update my FAQ.

Regarding "ShoR + Inquisition" > "ShoR + ShoR" - yes, with current HoPo generation and Inquisition duration, you don't use Inquisition + ShoR even if you can - you do another ShoR. So Blizzard need to ramp down on that "excuse".

However, you do get to a point where is is worth putting up Inquisition. Imagine we were getting 3 HoPo per GCD, passive. You'd pop Inquisition, then ShoR repeatedly until Inquisition was about to fall off. Refresh, repeat. Rotation would be:
• Inquisition
• ShoR x 6
• ShoR #7 or Judge, depending on mana requirements.

With current HoPo generation and Inquisition duration, I can't see any sensible buff where we'd want to be using Inquisition single target. Gut feel is that they'd have to more than double HoPo gen. At triple, you'd probably keep it up.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Sonic » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:44 pm

I can see this being problematic in pvp though. Back to back burst hits or long strings of WoG will get the qq going real quick.
Sonic

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Sweet.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Navan » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Sonic wrote:I can see this being problematic in pvp though. Back to back burst hits or long strings of WoG will get the qq going real quick.

Double ShoR was broken at the beginning of Wrath it scaled extremely well with block value and you could use them every 6 seconds. Now you get one bonus ShoR every 2 minutes. Don't forget that Divine Plea activates a GCD so you will have a 1.5s gap between ShoRs as well.
Navan

Postby Yelena » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Navan wrote:Don't forget that Divine Plea activates a GCD so you will have a 1.5s gap between ShoRs as well.

Three seconds, SotR starts a GCD as well.

(0.0) Shield of the Righteous --> (1.5) Divine Plea --> (3.0) Shield of the Righteous
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Orthien » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:09 pm

I can't Imagine that DP will give all three HoPo right up front, I would put money on it ending up like Blood Rage and generating one every 3 sec or something.
Orthien

Postby knaughty » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Orthien wrote:I can't Imagine that DP will give all three HoPo right up front, I would put money on it ending up like Blood Rage and generating one every 3 sec or something.

The wording strongly implies that it will just pop 3 on use. Otherwise you have to pop DP, wait 10 seconds, then pull. What's the point of the 10 second wait?

Blizzcon QA wrote:Q: Holy Power generation is gimped for generation of threat overall. Do you have any plans to give Judgment a guaranteed proc for Holy Power? Or maybe a chance to proc free Holy Power? Do you have any ideas to fix this problem?

A: One trap we want to avoid is that you can keep Inquisition and Holy Shield up at the same time. We don't want you to have both of your "finishers" that buff you up at the same time.

But one problem is warriors are generating too much threat. We fixed that last week.

We changed it so Divine Plea will generate 3 Holy Power when used so you can start with Holy Power on the pull.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Next

Return to Cataclysm