Remove Advertisements

Race to 85...but wait..

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Race to 85...but wait..

Postby Korola » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:11 pm

I look forward to reading your post then!
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Sonic » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:46 pm

I've always started the afternoon of release. So being in the big wave of people is something I'm used to.

I for one hope they don't have the class/race/prof server first stuff this time around. Not because I'll never make it myself but because I hate hearing people bitch about it. The scorn that is automatically attached to those acheivements is ridiclious.
Sonic

Postby Flex » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:56 pm

I recall Neth or Zarhyn mentioning they're working on a patch to make the sun shine on the entire earth at the same time back at the WotLK launch.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby mavfin » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:14 pm

PsiVen wrote:I distinctly remember WotLK servers not coming online until midnight PST, and there were very few people on when I started leveling at 12:30. Maybe I'm crazy though. Is it by timezone of the server?

Strange. I live in the Central timezone, and I was playing by 1:30 CST, which is only 11:30 PST, and I was on a Pacific server. It worked fine...
--Mav
mavfin

Postby djlar » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:54 am

All this could be avoided if Blizz allows to purchase online and let us pre-download, so we'll be ready when the servers are, so everyone could start at the same time..

Now with the "new system" that allows download as you go the install shouldn't take very long for onliners..

IDK but I think is a way bigger profit for Blizzard to sell Cata keys online, they don't have to spend on printed materials, DVDs, distribution and shipping.. no third party involved = more profit..
djlar

Postby Neptuno » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:24 pm

PsiVen wrote:
towelliee wrote:East coast players get a full 3 hour start

What makes you think this?

Historically the only advantage at best is that stores will sell you the game after midnight on the east coast (3 hours before it's live), which is maybe a 30-45min head start depending on how long it'll take you on the west coast to get home and install.

I was in Montana and they waited till Midnight local time to sell WotLK... I waited there 2 hours cause I went at midnight eastern.
Neptuno

Postby Gracerath » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:46 am

I ordered the CE from Amazon and did the one day shipping option. Blizzard says its out 12/7. Amazon says I'll get mine 12/9. I'm ok with that.

Blizzard should offer something that is between the normal edition and collector's edition that contains the CE pet and be available for digital download. That way I can have all the cool CE pets, have the expansion on the day of release and not worry about probably being behind simply because I bought a CE. Yeah, you can get same day delivery or take your chances with a pre-order at a box store but one is significantly more expensive and the other can leave you in the dust. I've had too many friends get hosed by the stores not having their CE the day of release even if they've pre ordered. Not all stores are like that I suppose but the local ones here can really eat a sack of baby dicks.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:04 am

I believe it's possible to buy a regular expansion and upgrade it to CE (and get a pet) at a later point.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby towelliee » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:08 am

Honestly I just want my chance at server first that's my gripe. Why make an achievement were only people who have a 3 hour head start have an advantage.
towelliee

Postby Chinaman » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:38 am

I am crying for you on the inside friend.
Chinaman

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:40 am

towelliee wrote:Honestly I just want my chance at server first that's my gripe. Why make an achievement were only people who have a 3 hour head start have an advantage.

You weren't complaining when you lived on the other coast.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Jonlo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:15 am

When WotLK launched, almost all Western Canada Shaw customers were unable to connect to JUST WoW. All other online games and internet worked. We posted by the hundreds o the tech support forums, and when we figured out that it was Shaw, and they were working on fixes, we used the threads on the tech support forums to organize outings to Tim Hortons while we waited.

Basically from when I got home at 5:45 AM (Couldn't sell till 5 AM here) until 8 PM we couldn't play.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:19 am

LOL that's awesome. Did you go to one of the Timmy Ho meetups? :D
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Jonlo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:38 am

Yeah in Saskatoon.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby towelliee » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:01 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
towelliee wrote:Honestly I just want my chance at server first that's my gripe. Why make an achievement were only people who have a 3 hour head start have an advantage.

You weren't complaining when you lived on the other coast.

ahah you're right and now I am. Can't deny that.
towelliee

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm