Remove Advertisements

Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby Neziah » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:54 am

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to make the videos and answering questions.
:D
Image
Neziah
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 9:46 am

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby PsiVen » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:52 pm

Towelliee, I'll have Heroic HoO video to post soon. I reckon we should compile everyone's here, but let me know if you'd rather keep this thread to your own videos.

Yelena wrote:Isn't SUF going into an abandonment stage, since Shadowed no longer plays WoW, or did someone else pick the project up? Doesn't affect me personally either way, as I run Pitbull4, but more I'm curious since I know SUF has a large userbase.


I don't know about that, but SUF works in Beta while Pitbull doesn't (or didn't last I checked). It's just missing a Holy Power bar.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4363
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:54 pm

What's good software to capture video? I'll jump on the bandwagon.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby PsiVen » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:58 pm

FRAPS is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned. You'll need the full version though.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4363
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby Yelena » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:06 pm

PsiVen wrote:
Yelena wrote:Isn't SUF going into an abandonment stage, since Shadowed no longer plays WoW, or did someone else pick the project up? Doesn't affect me personally either way, as I run Pitbull4, but more I'm curious since I know SUF has a large userbase.


I don't know about that, but SUF works in Beta while Pitbull doesn't (or didn't last I checked). It's just missing a Holy Power bar.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/pitbull4/f ... -ga36962c/

Holy Power has been functional for the last couple builds, generally speaking it's better to stick with Pitbull's alpha builds, as they flag their builds as "release" so infrequently. At the moment I don't know yet if they have support for Blizzard's stock incoming heal data within the Visual Heal module, as that renders LibHealComm unnecessary (which is probably a good thing, as LibHealComm 4 was another of Shadowed's projects).

The Holy Power implementation in PB4 isn't the prettiest, much like most of their "external" indicators. Personally I use NugComboBar for tracking Holy Power, and will probably continue to do so until something similar to RuneWatch is available.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:54 am
Location: Behind the Eight Ball

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby jere » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:13 pm

I agree with Psiven. FRAPS is good and only costs like $37 one time. I still get free updates after 3 years
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby towelliee » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:17 pm

PsiVen wrote:Towelliee, I'll have Heroic HoO video to post soon. I reckon we should compile everyone's here, but let me know if you'd rather keep this thread to your own videos.

Yelena wrote:Isn't SUF going into an abandonment stage, since Shadowed no longer plays WoW, or did someone else pick the project up? Doesn't affect me personally either way, as I run Pitbull4, but more I'm curious since I know SUF has a large userbase.


I don't know about that, but SUF works in Beta while Pitbull doesn't (or didn't last I checked). It's just missing a Holy Power bar.


Psiven by all means brother just PM me the link and I will edit the first post.

Heroic DM inc. Sorry for the delay YouTube is slow as hell today.
towelliee
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 8:09 am

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby Orthien » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:54 pm

On the topic of your audio, when recording with Audacity are you using the noise removal feature at all? I notice that when removing background static on my Audacity recordings that there can often be a really fine line between decent noise removal and the weird sound effect that you have in your clips.
Try tuning down the amount removed and see how that sounds, if of cause that is what you are doing.
User avatar
Orthien
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:59 am

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby towelliee » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Orthien wrote:On the topic of your audio, when recording with Audacity are you using the noise removal feature at all? I notice that when removing background static on my Audacity recordings that there can often be a really fine line between decent noise removal and the weird sound effect that you have in your clips.
Try tuning down the amount removed and see how that sounds, if of cause that is what you are doing.



That is it from the looks of it. I will play around with the noise removal.
towelliee
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 8:09 am

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby towelliee » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Posted my Heroic Deadmines Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXJZ6fWkdb4 - Called it wipefest 2010 Very challenging. I need a more stable group.
towelliee
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 8:09 am

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby PsiVen » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4363
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby towelliee » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:12 pm

PsiVen wrote:Here's my Heroic Halls of Origination video:
Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guzoB2iA228&fmt=37
Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lCcmfoZ_xc&fmt=37


Posted on my original thread.

Amazing videos PsiVen, not only your tanking , but the group you had was also very attentive and used CC. I can't find a group like that :(

Also what combo point addon do you use?
towelliee
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 8:09 am

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby PsiVen » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:28 pm

It's SoulBurned v1.1 with several modifications to work for paladins instead of warlocks.

Cheers :) Yeah, I was lucky to find people willing to stick out for 2.5 hours of wiping. The need for CC was pretty effectively pounded in.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4363
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby towelliee » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Yeah my healer in Grim Batol today said "go ahead pull it all I got you!" I was like "...ok"


/dead


So yeah welcome back to TBC. I like it since it is a challenge.
towelliee
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 8:09 am

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby Flex » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Sabindeus wrote:What's good software to capture video? I'll jump on the bandwagon.


ctrl-[
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest