Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Cataclysm Paladin Tanking Videos 4.0

Postby PsiVen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:08 am

towelliee wrote:Last Night I was able to tank both Ogre's with hunter tranqing.

I assume their enrage snares them (something does), you're supposed to kite if you can't dispel it.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby towelliee » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:42 am

HoJ works fine on them too. You can easily burn one while other is HoJ + CD etc.

We did H DM in about hour today nice speed run i was aoe tanking most of it with only 1 cc. Even the Enforcers and Blood Wizards.
towelliee

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:41 am

towelliee wrote:HoJ works fine on them too. You can easily burn one while other is HoJ + CD etc.

We did H DM in about hour today nice speed run i was aoe tanking most of it with only 1 cc. Even the Enforcers and Blood Wizards.

I am assuming it is a combination of tweaking the damage output on the trash and you getting better gear?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:07 am

I totally believe you, but in my example I was playing the healer and thus had no control over the tank doing things correctly. :/

Guess these heroics will separate the tanks who don't know wtf is going on in an instance from those who do... I guess I should start tanking on beta and reading the combat logs and buffs/debuffs to get a head start.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby towelliee » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Flex wrote:
towelliee wrote:HoJ works fine on them too. You can easily burn one while other is HoJ + CD etc.

I am assuming it is a combination of tweaking the damage output on the trash and you getting better gear?

I don't think damage got changed much. I noticed a few bosses were nerfed to the ground. Primarily the first boss of Stonecore which was a bit over-tuned. Sad to see he only has 1.5Million HP now and is a joke. But as for my gear definitely. Currently up to 109k HP about 125k with good group comp. Also the Divine Protection Glyph to switch the dmg to spell dmg reduction of 20% helps for pesky trash like ones in HOO and DM. Don't foget the Tol Barad trinket that give you 400 resist. But YES gear I think will play a huge factor. If you are in a progression guild and start raiding right away by possibly the 2nd week of 85 all heroics should be AOE tanked with exception of some pulls from Vortex Pinnacle.

Sabindeus wrote:I totally believe you, but in my example I was playing the healer and thus had no control over the tank doing things correctly. :/

Guess these heroics will separate the tanks who don't know wtf is going on in an instance from those who do... I guess I should start tanking on beta and reading the combat logs and buffs/debuffs to get a head start.

Yes definitely. Glyphing is so important. Like the Holy Wrath glyph is GOD in some instances where you don't have CC for elementals. A lot of tanks do not know wtf is coming. I am glad I am well prepared for the expansion.
towelliee

Postby Taeron » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:22 pm

towelliee wrote:I am glad I am well prepared for the expansion.

Wouldn't mind a compilation of Cataclysm tips and tricks. It's fun to pick up bits and pieces here and there, but some general info wouldn't be bad, I reckon. :)
Taeron

Postby towelliee » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:55 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaR4Wh1Vmao -- Cataclysm Beta Heroic Blackrock Caverns - Boss Fight Tutorials

Shaman pulling 20k tps lol...wtf else am i suppose to do.
towelliee

Postby towelliee » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:18 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmDUQyrtPS0 -- Cataclysm Beta Heroic Shadowfang Keep - Inquisition AOE Tanking
towelliee

Postby Marsha » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:35 pm

towelliee wrote:Shaman pulling 20k tps lol...wtf else am i suppose to do.

The new version of Glyph of Salvation can help for times like that.
Marsha

Postby Warsadin » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:41 pm

As far as the savl glyph goes, that one seems like it's going to be perfect. Also if you haven't done so yet, make a mouseover macro for salvation mixing with the group frames and boom, you're going to be able to easily just mouseover and hit that macro for instant salving. Great tip for anyone going into cata heroics.

Thanks for the inquisition video there with SFK Towel, definitely going to be checking that out later during my sweet 15 hour shift.
Warsadin

Postby towelliee » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASiG6Dyn2rM -- Cataclysm Beta Heroic Shadowfang Keep - Boss Fight Tutorials
towelliee

Postby towelliee » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:44 am

Added a 4.0.1 WOTLK section

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w0CSCjDcBk -- 4.0.1 - Paladin Tank vs Ranged DPS ..winner is...RANGED DPS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKDZ_jBUSuo -- 4.0.1 WOTLK Paladin Tanking Single Target Rotation 939
towelliee

Postby Io.Draco » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:19 am

Nice videos.

Am curios however ( not sure if it's been asked, but I checked a few pages and there was no mention of it ) but what addon are you using for nameplates and to show the debuffs just above them?
Io.Draco

Postby Shathus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:04 am

Io.Draco wrote:Nice videos.

Am curios however ( not sure if it's been asked, but I checked a few pages and there was no mention of it ) but what addon are you using for nameplates and to show the debuffs just above them?

Looks like TidyPlates + ThreatPlates
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Thyre » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:06 am

Looks like you still use the lui interface. How ? I don t see an update anytime soon. What s the secret ? I really dont want to play without it anymore... :|
Thyre

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm