The Battle for Gilneas BG: AB with new road-fighting! o wait

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

The Battle for Gilneas BG: AB with new road-fighting! o wait

Postby Invisusira » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:43 am

this is a new and exciting battleground it sounds like nothing I have ever seen before

Controlling Resources
The Battle for Gilneas is a new 10 vs. 10 Battleground for level-85 players. Much like they do in Arathi Basin, teams must control strategic capture points on the map to accumulate resources. The first team to gather 2000 resources wins.

The Battle
Teams will start at opposite ends of the map with default graveyards nearby. Once the match begins, teams will race toward each other to vie for control of three strategic points; each point will allow your team to gain resources and additional graveyards. Adding to the intensity of the battle are many obstacles that block line of sight, as well as chokepoints for fending off enemy advances.

The Overlook
In the center of the map is an area known as the Overlook. Hills on either side of the map create chokepoints, while narrow paths through the hills provide teams with alternate routes. A river dividing the map will also lead opponents toward a single bridge. In some cases, dominating the Overlook might be the key to controlling the capture points.

Capture Points
In The Battle for Gilneas, three distinct resource points are available for the taking by either the Horde or the Alliance: the Mines, the Lighthouse, and the Waterworks. Once any of these points is held by a team, access to nearby graveyards will be granted. In addition, workers from the controlling faction will show up to collect the resources necessary to win the battle.

So basically, it's exactly like AB, but all those annoying people who fight in the roads (or the middle of WSG) finally have a reason to.
Invisusira

Re: The Battle for Gilneas BG: AB with new road-fighting! o wait

Postby Thornir » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:56 am

It's official; they've run out of battleground ideas.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Feanorion » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:58 am

Typical Blizzard favoritism towards the Alliance scum. Two resource points right on top of the Alliance starting base. :twisted:
Feanorion

Postby Lieris » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Feanorion wrote:Typical Blizzard favoritism towards the Alliance scum. Two resource points right on top of the Alliance starting base. :twisted:

You do realise you can become a real paladin for just $30? There's no need to be jealous anymore.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Lieris wrote:
Feanorion wrote:Typical Blizzard favoritism towards the Alliance scum. Two resource points right on top of the Alliance starting base. :twisted:

You do realise you can become a real paladin for just $30? There's no need to be jealous anymore.

This made me kekkle.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:27 pm

The Waterworks looks closer to Alliance than Horde, but I think that depends on if they force you all the way around the bend in the road leading out of the Alliance base.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:39 pm

This BG is 100% better than AB because it has Double Rainbows.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:53 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:This BG is 100% better than AB because it has Double Rainbows.

http://cata.wowhead.com/achievement=5262
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Wrathy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:13 pm

We will have to see but it looks like the horde has a back door to the waterworks, if thats the case, that will be the nwe "BS" and the other two will almost be givens for the respective sides.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Feanorion » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:14 pm

Lieris wrote:

Jealous? If I were alliance scum I would have to put up with man-hand nelf chicks, saggy-boobs human chicks, not to mention the horrors of dorf/noam chicks. That would leave space-goat chicks. I'll stick with belf chicas, thank you.

Also, I am the only paladin with an off-the-gcd interrupt.

Lastly, Fean in particular is the prettiest tank on my server. If you don't believe that claim, he'll repeat it until you do. Humans can not be pretty. Nor handsome. You never see a bald blood elf.
Feanorion

Postby Passionario » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:52 am

As far as I recall, the original idea for this BG was to place it inside a city and fight to control various districts. Which, from my point of view, would be more fun.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Sharlos » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:21 am

Passionario wrote:As far as I recall, the original idea for this BG was to place it inside a city and fight to control various districts. Which, from my point of view, would be more fun.

Ya I was looking forward to fighting in the middle of a burning city ala stratholme.
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Sharlos

Postby Thornir » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:36 am

At least it's better than IoC.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:36 am

Feanorion wrote:
Lieris wrote:

Jealous? If I were alliance scum I would have to put up with man-hand nelf chicks, saggy-boobs human chicks, not to mention the horrors of dorf/noam chicks. That would leave space-goat chicks. I'll stick with belf chicas, thank you.

Also, I am the only paladin with an off-the-gcd interrupt.

Lastly, Fean in particular is the prettiest tank on my server. If you don't believe that claim, he'll repeat it until you do. Humans can not be pretty. Nor handsome. You never see a bald blood elf.

/shudder
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Next

Return to Cataclysm