Remove Advertisements

Does anyone pick up GbtL ?

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Does anyone pick up GbtL ?

Postby theckhd » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:26 am

Sabindeus wrote:I have a feeling the SP granted by Touched by the Light doesn't affect healing. Either that or I was right and Word of Glory does not scale with SP.

My guess is that you're right about TbtL, and that in Holy Spec he has a ~10% bonus to healing or WoG (which would roughly account for the discrepancy between the heals).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:28 am

theckhd wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:I have a feeling the SP granted by Touched by the Light doesn't affect healing. Either that or I was right and Word of Glory does not scale with SP.

My guess is that you're right about TbtL, and that in Holy Spec he has a ~10% bonus to healing or WoG (which would roughly account for the discrepancy between the heals).

Yeah one of the spec abilities for Holy is just a straight up 10% healing increase.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Shathus » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:40 am

The Int was base intellect (not from gear), just how much I had at level 80 in my tank gear. That was the only way I could think of to actually have a large gap of SP vs INT since there is only straight SP gear anymore (other than weapons, but that had int on it too). I had the 1k SP from my Str -> SP conversion in prot spec, but when I went Holy, I of course lost that and only had the 96 SP from I assume the base Int -> SP conversion.

I actually didn't have GbtL in my prot spec so that was the "base" amount healed with 3 HoPow. My holy spec also had Divinity so there was a little extra healing from that too.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:01 am

Shathus wrote:The Int was base intellect (not from gear), just how much I had at level 80 in my tank gear. That was the only way I could think of to actually have a large gap of SP vs INT since there is only straight SP gear anymore (other than weapons, but that had int on it too). I had the 1k SP from my Str -> SP conversion in prot spec, but when I went Holy, I of course lost that and only had the 96 SP from I assume the base Int -> SP conversion.

I actually didn't have GbtL in my prot spec so that was the "base" amount healed with 3 HoPow. My holy spec also had Divinity so there was a little extra healing from that too.

Ok but I feel compelled to point out that you listed Mana, not Int, in your post
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Shathus » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:11 am

Sonofa... you are correct. That's what I get for doing it right before bed. Still, at least shows WoG doesn't scale with SP.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:25 am

Shathus wrote:Sonofa... you are correct. That's what I get for doing it right before bed. Still, at least shows WoG doesn't scale with SP.

It shows that WoG doesn't scale with the spellpower granted by Touched by the Light. We won't know if it scales with regular spellpower unless you test for that specifically. For example, by equipping a spellpower weapon. Similarly, we could test its scaling with INT by putting on a few Holy items and seeing if it differs at all from what we'd expect based on the INT->SP conversion.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Noradin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:56 pm

First the should change TbtL to grant SP of off AP.
Then the should have GbtL change WoG into a HP based heal if used on self.
ImageImage
Noradin

Previous

Return to Cataclysm