Build 12924 (9/9/10)

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Build 12924 (9/9/10)

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:54 am

That one's tuned to still be a dps loss compared to using TV, it's just a minor selfish benefit to using a utility spell so that players will be less turned off by it.

Edit: God my sig is annoying when I make a bunch of short posts in a row. Time to retire the image, it never updated anyway.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:18 am

Flex wrote:Ret is the new Feral!

John F*ckin Madden!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Chicken » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:21 am

theckhd wrote:
Chicken wrote:Also something else that isn't of interest to Prot, but the Ret Paladin mastery has changed:

Hand of Light
Your autoattacks have a 8% chance to grant Hand of Light, causing your next Holy Power ability to consume no Holy Power and to cast as if 3 Holy Power were consumed. Each point of Mastery increases the chance by an additional 1%.

Is it just me, or does it seem like Ret is getting a little "busy" in the proc department. It seems like they're swimming in Holy Power, to the point that they'll be casting CS and TV in well over half their GCDs?
They do give me that feeling, in fact, I'd almost say they appear to be reaching a point where they have so many different procs that they end up recreating the effect of the current Ret rotation in an entirely new way. They're just hitting whatever happens to proc instead of whatever happens to come off cooldown now.

Admittedly that's just based on my feeling of things though, it could be that it's fresh and fun in practice.
Chicken

Postby Candiru » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:26 am

That does seem a bit overkill for ret holy power.

I wonder how the MasteryFreeHolyPower cast interacts with the Word of Glory free cast? if your word of glory costs no HP from the proc, do you still loose the buff? etc.

If ret have inquisition up, and are going into a AW->Zelotry burn phase they might well want to burn some holy power on a word of glory for the damage buff, since they will be hitting a lot of TV in the next 12s. If bloodlust is up they should be getting more procs of free holypower too.
Candiru

Postby katraya » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:38 am

I haven't managed to log on yet - does anyone know if they fixed the bugged goblin quest in the stater zone?
Life of the Party
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Marblehead » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:43 am

Currently, with Rule of Law and a weapon higher than 300 ilvl, CS is better than HotR on single targets even if HotR is glyphed. That is because HotR's splash component can't crit. With an even better weapon, the CS glyph and the T11 2piece bonus, I guess that CS will be doing around 30% more damage than HotR.

Also,

Holy Power mechanics update:

- Holy Power dissipates over time by a rate of 1 Holy Power lost per 10 seconds.
- Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous and Holy Shock misses/dodges/parries award 1 Holy Power, as if they landed.
- If an ability that consumes Holy Power is a miss/dodge/parry, it consumes all Holy Power charges.
Life is not difficult, people are.
Marblehead

Postby Phonic » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:47 am

Marblehead wrote:- If an ability that consumes Holy Power is a miss/dodge/parry, it consumes all Holy Power charges.

That's so horrible... just reinforces the use of Inquisition over SOTR.
Phonic

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:49 am

Phonic wrote:
Marblehead wrote:- If an ability that consumes Holy Power is a miss/dodge/parry, it consumes all Holy Power charges.

That's so horrible... just reinforces the use of Inquisition over SOTR.

I Agree, unless you have a set where you're darn close to hitcap
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:53 am

Hey look they took Lava Burst off Maelstrom Weapon... again
Teranoid

Postby Loras » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:33 am

So, they said TV will not be a subject of burst issues, cause it'll hit like a truck but you will need to accumulate HP through time, bla bla, but now if the stars align, you can throw several 3-point Verdicts in a row. I smell incoming QQ.
Loras

Postby Inscrutiable » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:33 am

Anyone else beginning to wonder why Divinity is a 3 point talent? Warriors have a similar talent that's 2 points, and there's already a three point talent in tier 1 of holy... seems like a bit of a waste to be honest.
Inscrutiable

Postby hoho » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:36 am

Loras wrote:So, they said TV will not be a subject of burst issues, cause it'll hit like a truck but you will need to accumulate HP through time, bla bla, but now if the stars align, you can throw several 3-point Verdicts in a row. I smell incoming QQ.
Spriests are in pretty much the same situation. ALL of our mastery scaling is based on one spell (mind blast) that has 1.5s cast time and 6.5s cooldown. Normally it hits for around 11k hits/22k crits in very low mastery gear. Now imagine for how much it must hit in end-game raiding gear to make mastery scale as well as crit/haste do that apply to every single other spell AND mind blast as well. Basically it must be oneshotting people or no spriest will want to see any mastery on their gear as it will be worse than anything else they could get instead.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Sonic » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Chicken wrote:
theckhd wrote:
Chicken wrote:Also something else that isn't of interest to Prot, but the Ret Paladin mastery has changed:

Hand of Light
Your autoattacks have a 8% chance to grant Hand of Light, causing your next Holy Power ability to consume no Holy Power and to cast as if 3 Holy Power were consumed. Each point of Mastery increases the chance by an additional 1%.

Is it just me, or does it seem like Ret is getting a little "busy" in the proc department. It seems like they're swimming in Holy Power, to the point that they'll be casting CS and TV in well over half their GCDs?
They do give me that feeling, in fact, I'd almost say they appear to be reaching a point where they have so many different procs that they end up recreating the effect of the current Ret rotation in an entirely new way. They're just hitting whatever happens to proc instead of whatever happens to come off cooldown now.

Admittedly that's just based on my feeling of things though, it could be that it's fresh and fun in practice.

I can tell you in pratice from messing around last night ont he target dummies. Ret is back to face rolling. I kid you not. Even with my crappy amount of mastery I was in an ocean of HoPo. It's ridiclious. You just have so much you don't even know what to do with it.

You only real choice is if you want to sacrafice your dps for a split second to hit someone with WoG and it's apparently something they want you to do with how much they keep buffing selfless healer. Heal someone else, get a temp damage boost to make up for not using a dps skill.

Then you switch back to prot, look up to Outlands and ask the Naaru "Why?"
Sonic

Postby Sober » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:52 pm

Loras wrote:So, they said TV will not be a subject of burst issues, cause it'll hit like a truck but you will need to accumulate HP through time, bla bla, but now if the stars align, you can throw several 3-point Verdicts in a row. I smell incoming QQ.

Ret design is circular. Apparently.

I wish they had an exception for Shield of Righteousness with the Holy Power consumption change. Or at least a glyph that refunds me x-1 or x-2 holy power that I spent on it if it's miss/dodge/parry/block-ed (and instead adds a cooldown to it or something to prevent spamminess or something).
Sober

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Sonic wrote:I can tell you in pratice from messing around last night ont he target dummies. Ret is back to face rolling. I kid you not. Even with my crappy amount of mastery I was in an ocean of HoPo. It's ridiclious. You just have so much you don't even know what to do with it.

You only real choice is if you want to sacrafice your dps for a split second to hit someone with WoG and it's apparently something they want you to do with how much they keep buffing selfless healer. Heal someone else, get a temp damage boost to make up for not using a dps skill.

Then you switch back to prot, look up to Outlands and ask the Naaru "Why?"

Ghostcrawler wrote:The damage buff to Selfless Healer is intended to make using Word of Glory less of a dps loss. It's just giving you back some change. It isn't intended to be a mandatory talent, and it would be hard to keep the buff duration up all the time time anyway.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm