Build 12924 (9/9/10)

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Build 12924 (9/9/10)

Postby Ryyu » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:12 am

The set bonuses are the basic first teir ones, they only tend to get different and interesting later (if you, like me, forget t9 and its content ever existed)

The vindication one is just arse. I have no idea why they can't just clone skullbash and give prot and ret a talent to remove or lower its cooldown.
Ryyu

Postby Sonic » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:13 am

Sigh, so our original band-aid fix is now deep in the prot tree.

Now if they would add another 20sec (i'd live with the exta 10sec we have now) and remove HoJ from the GCD we'd have a real intrupt. Won't happen though.

Last update and this one, still lacking stuff we've been asking for with no real explanation of why or why not. WTB blue post with explanations of wtf they want the spec to do.
Sonic

Postby hoho » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:44 am

Daraxis wrote:
hoho wrote:In other news, they added archeology \o/

Somebody says this every new beta build!
True but this time it's by a blue:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4&sid=2000
Archaeology is being activated in the latest World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta build. As such, we’ve opened up a Professions forum for players to leave feedback about this and other professions.

Players can learn Archaeology in order to search for ancient artifacts around the world to advance their Archaeology skill and create unique new items. To recover artifacts, you need to collect artifact fragments. Fragments are found in dig sites visible on your map. When you reach a dig site, use the Survey ability. Your survey tool will indicate the approximate direction and distance to the cache of fragments. You can collect fragments three times in a dig site before you need to move to a new dig site. Once you have enough fragments, you can solve an artifact to learn a little more about Azeroth’s past. Happy hunting!
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby hoho » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:30 am

Running around dalaran it seems as all professions are available, just enchanting trainer seems to teach engineering stuff instead of what it is supposed to.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby mclem » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:48 am

Ryyu wrote:The set bonuses are the basic first teir ones, they only tend to get different and interesting later (if you, like me, forget t9 and its content ever existed)

I have to say, the most interesting set bonus there is the ret 4 piece one; a similar prot one could have interesting effects on our rotations.
mclem

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:32 am

Arianne wrote:CS is a lame spell. It's not a PROT spell, but yet that's our T11 set bonus? /spit

Know what also isn't a prot spell? Judgement, Consecration and any of the Seals we would use.

Trees mean nothing, it is all about usage.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Chicken » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:40 am

Holy Power decays when out of combat now from reports I've read elsewhere. The rate it decays out of combat is apparently one Holy Power lost every 10 seconds.

Also something else that isn't of interest to Prot, but the Ret Paladin mastery has changed:

Hand of Light
Your autoattacks have a 8% chance to grant Hand of Light, causing your next Holy Power ability to consume no Holy Power and to cast as if 3 Holy Power were consumed. Each point of Mastery increases the chance by an additional 1%.
Chicken

Postby culhag » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:02 am

Chicken wrote:Hand of Light
Your autoattacks have a 8% chance to grant Hand of Light, causing your next Holy Power ability to consume no Holy Power and to cast as if 3 Holy Power were consumed. Each point of Mastery increases the chance by an additional 1%.

Lots of procs to track...
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:15 am

Well my blacksmithing is still broken. :/

Also: CS is an awesome spell. :P
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby thanatos1288 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:31 am

Sober wrote:
theckhd wrote:Still on the GCD. WTB Rebuke.

I can imagine the discussion went like this:

"Hey, prot pallies kinda want an interrupt. Maybe we should make Rebuke a spell available to all specs, or we could do something similar with Skull Bash with feral druids."
"Nah, let's just give them the interrupt feature we took out of Hammer of Justice but make them spend talent points on it"
"I love that idea!"

edit: on the plus side they really buffed Hot Streak, maybe I'll just play the mage for Cata...

All of this makes me want to wait out the beginning of cata on my mage instead of my Pally or Lock (especially because of the lock, just look at the recent changes)

That or my DK
"All human beings must adhere to the greatest and all-encompassing law of the universe...Murphy's Law."
thanatos1288

Postby theckhd » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:40 am

Chicken wrote:Also something else that isn't of interest to Prot, but the Ret Paladin mastery has changed:

Hand of Light

Is it just me, or does it seem like Ret is getting a little "busy" in the proc department. It seems like they're swimming in Holy Power, to the point that they'll be casting CS and TV in well over half their GCDs?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:44 am

Ret looked pretty good a couple builds ago, but I can't help feel that with every new Holy Power source they throw in it's beginning to get a little overloaded.

On the Hammer of Justice change - nothing to see here. They removed the interrupt on HoJ because they don't want Ret to have two interrupts, not because they didn't like the interrupt on HoJ. Status quo is restored.

Has Blizzard said anything more than "empty GCDs are intended" on the issue of us regularly having two Crusader Strikes in a row with nothing off cooldown in between?

Elsewhere in WoW... I'm underwhelmed. Mage talent trees lack good subspec options beyond 3% Haste and 3% Crit in tier 1 of different trees (almost all tier two Mage talents affect only their own tree (for PvE)), and though I'm sure they will be fine I'm not as excited about it any more.

There are a bunch of other trees I look at and think "meh", even if I can tell the actual playstyle isn't much different from the old trees.

Edit: And would you look at that, one of my favourite trees is now making me choose between damage and fun utility. Enhancement Shaman can no longer get all the damage boosting talents and still pick up extra runspeed.
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:46 am

Ret is the new Feral!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:48 am

I don't think the actual play is gonna get that complicated. It's going to be a case of "if you have the right set bonus and enough Mastery, cast nothing but CS, TV, and Judgement".
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:50 am

Also cast your free Word of Glory to increase your damage done for a bit.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm