Vengeance : scaling issues

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Vengeance : scaling issues

Postby PsiVen » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:32 pm

It seems to me that the decay needs to be much, much slower or nonexistent while in combat for the mechanic to work sensibly. For add fights like M'uru, Lady Deathwhisper, Valithria etc. our Vengeance will be falling to zero between each round, and these are already the most threat-sensitive situations in the game. The result would be that in order to make add tanking tolerable, boss tanking threat would be of even less concern than it currently is; think Sapphiron in 3.0 with the JoL threat bug.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Huon » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:29 pm

Just did my first instance in months on Beta. If they can fix vengeance, we won't have threat issues... at all...

21k pretty regularly and even up to 27k crits on shield of the Righteous, I think my Vengeance was over 5k !

Tanking an instance isnt as bad as questing, I must say. The only problem that remains is the dead time where you sit there helpless.

Oh and the fact that CS still hits for less than hammer :P
Huon

Postby Candiru » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:50 am

Can anyone test if Hand of Sacrifice refreshes vengeance?
Candiru

Postby Thyre » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:34 am

Huon wrote:Just did my first instance in months on Beta. If they can fix vengeance, we won't have threat issues... at all...

21k pretty regularly and even up to 27k crits on shield of the Righteous, I think my Vengeance was over 5k !

Tanking an instance isnt as bad as questing, I must say. The only problem that remains is the dead time where you sit there helpless.

I have read about 30 to 60 k Crit Warrior SS. Off cource numbers will change but SS is a 6 Sek CD with proc even less. I don t think it will hit for so much lesser than SoR if they allready hit for 30-60 k now.

After all i am still more than pissed about what i reas or not read about paladin in beta. Sound all very boring bc like rota. I even don t like Inq att all. If i need burst Aoe Aggro i have now time to build up 1 HP, use Inq use Holywrath/Cons. Thats about 3-4,5 Sek bevor i even can do Aoe aggro... CS realy should be a filler with no cd. I don t want to sit their and do nothing betwin the massives cd like in bc....

greetings
Thyre

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:20 am

Thyre wrote:
Huon wrote:Just did my first instance in months on Beta. If they can fix vengeance, we won't have threat issues... at all...

I have read about 30 to 60 k Crit Warrior SS. Off cource numbers will change but SS is a 6 Sek CD with proc even less. I don t think it will hit for so much lesser than SoR if they allready hit for 30-60 k now.

After all i am still more than pissed about what i reas or not read about paladin in beta. Sound all very boring bc like rota. I even don t like Inq att all. If i need burst Aoe Aggro i have now time to build up 1 HP, use Inq use Holywrath/Cons. Thats about 3-4,5 Sek bevor i even can do Aoe aggro... CS realy should be a filler with no cd. I don t want to sit their and do nothing betwin the massives cd like in bc....

greetings

Ghostcrawler wrote:We need to shift some of the damage from Shield Slam to Devastate and Revenge. It's fine that it hits like a monster, but it shouldn't totally dwarf everything else.

So it seems the 60K SS are going away
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Thyre » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:36 am

I knew this GC quote but...

The diffrent between 6 Sek CD 60k crit and 3 HP 13,5 sek CD SoR 27 crit ist a bit more than "some". I highly doubt that they will take away 50 k form that 60 k crits :D. But SoR should at least hit double as hard as SS in my opinion... but it wont i guess.
Thyre

Postby Loras » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:52 am

So, they changed hunter skills damage so that stats matter a little bit more, and not ONLY weapon damage, but we and warriors (until they make those changes) are still built around one spell. If they balance it - ok, but still the fact remains that we need a ramp-up time on that ShoR. Not only we have so much dead time (from what people are saying), but we have so much annoying ramp-up time. Damn their ideas for "fun" ...
Loras

Previous

Return to Cataclysm