Build 12857 (31.8.10)

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby Thornir » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:31 am

Klaudandus wrote:W00t! Heroic Shadowfang Keep and Heroic Deadmines are gonna be in Cata after all on day of release. I remember a while back GC saying that they were not gonna be available, at least not initially, so that's good. =D

These humanoids, who have primarily affiliated themselves with the terrestrial ecoregion, have conclusively proven that they might have a strength I had not foreseen.

The logical course would to resort to methods I would not have needed previously.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Amirya » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:35 am

dmok wrote:That thing also looks awesome in it's relatively unpolished state. I can also see an army of paladins popping wings, popping Guardian of Ancient Kings, and then watching as half of them DC due to too much awesomeness.

I can't tell if that's supposed to be a human or a belf model, though. Looks as stocky as a human, but seems to me he's got a belf stance?

And Dmok, that would only be true in a battleground. An army of Alliance paladins doing this to the Horde - instawin.

(I think this is the first time in awhile I've been somewhat excited about paladin spells)

Though, I want wings like him!
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Amirya wrote:
dmok wrote:That thing also looks awesome in it's relatively unpolished state. I can also see an army of paladins popping wings, popping Guardian of Ancient Kings, and then watching as half of them DC due to too much awesomeness.

I can't tell if that's supposed to be a human or a belf model, though. Looks as stocky as a human, but seems to me he's got a belf stance?

And Dmok, that would only be true in a battleground. An army of Alliance paladins doing this to the Horde - instawin.

(I think this is the first time in awhile I've been somewhat excited about paladin spells)

Though, I want wings like him!

definitely doesn't look like a BElf. It vaguely reminds me of the Draenei Male upper body skeleton.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Amirya » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Sabindeus wrote:definitely doesn't look like a BElf. It vaguely reminds me of the Draenei Male upper body skeleton.

It has more of the stance, though.

Could be a really fat belf. If they exist amongst those anorexic life sucking Horde, that is.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Daraxis » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 am

Prot-flavoured Guardian of Ancient Kings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU3e0j8VvlE

I'm pretty sure it's the Illidan/Metamorphosis model, with more sparkles.
Daraxis
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:16 am

I've not seen the details confirmed anywhere before, but from the video with a tooltip I can barely make out, Prot GAK reduces damage by 60% for ~15 seconds?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby PsiVen » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:35 am

The buff is 60% damage reduction for 12 seconds. The spell itself says 80%, but I think that's a glitch with the Glyph of Divine Protection (which is supposed to turn DP into a 40% cooldown for magic only, but the tooltip changes to 40% all damage and the buff itself is unchanged, probably NYI).
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Loras » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:19 am

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/755806-85-Paladin-Pets-%28Guardians%29-Videos-Here-Beta-Build-12857

Our Guardian for all 3 specs.
I know it's early to talk about numbers, but they should really tweak them properly. I'm far from impressed. For such a long cooldown, it better be damn good (mostly about holy and ret) to justify that. Pseudo-shadowmourne aura for rets :/
Loras

Previous

Return to Cataclysm