Build 12857 (31.8.10)

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby culhag » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:52 am

Klaudandus wrote:Point there -- I guess I'm just upset that protection seems to be falling way behind the other two trees when it comes to HoPow... *takes a deep breathe*

I heard Klaudandus Deep Breaths more since the last patch !
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1744
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby Noradin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:57 am

Modal wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:and in our case, if we miss our CS or HotR, there goes our HoPow for that CD


This is a legitimate concern; it seems that we are likely to suffer somewhat in mitigation terms from not being hit/expertise capped, which is something of a disadvantage compared to other tanks.


There was already a blue post concerning this: We get the HoPow when we use the button for CS/HotR. It doesn't have to do damage. (But our judgement still has to to give us mana, right?)

Im still disappointed that the insist on making our tank debuffs single target. If they wan't to make damage income the deciding point if AoE can be used on something we will be at a disadvantage for those groups.
Also: DG has to go. It is unique for tankadins and can be used to give someone else who is tanking an additional CD.
ImageImage
Noradin
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:00 am

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 am

Noradin wrote:
Modal wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:and in our case, if we miss our CS or HotR, there goes our HoPow for that CD


This is a legitimate concern; it seems that we are likely to suffer somewhat in mitigation terms from not being hit/expertise capped, which is something of a disadvantage compared to other tanks.


There was already a blue post concerning this: We get the HoPow when we use the button for CS/HotR. It doesn't have to do damage. (But our judgement still has to to give us mana, right?)

Im still disappointed that the insist on making our tank debuffs single target. If they wan't to make damage income the deciding point if AoE can be used on something we will be at a disadvantage for those groups.
Also: DG has to go. It is unique for tankadins and can be used to give someone else who is tanking an additional CD.


If I recall correctly, they did mention that the reason we only get single-target debuffs is because we're much better at aoe than the other tanks -- which really doesn't hold water with all the changes all four classes are receiving.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 am

culhag wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Point there -- I guess I'm just upset that protection seems to be falling way behind the other two trees when it comes to HoPow... *takes a deep breathe*

I heard Klaudandus Deep Breaths more since the last patch !


I don't drop loot tho.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby Ludiaro » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:15 am

Since Level cap on beta was increased to 85, any chance on seeing the Guardian of Ancient Kings tooltip/graphic/effect on each tree?
Image
Ludiaro
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby Minarva » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:18 am

When the servers get up Id imagine so.
Minarva
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby Chicken » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:24 am

I've already seen a datamined picture of it from a few builds ago:

Image

There's apparently separate models it has as well for weapons and such it uses, with what it gets as equipment depending on which type it is. Can't find the exact details on that though. This picture is also likely missing some other graphical effects and such, but it'll at least whet your appetite.
Image
User avatar
Chicken
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby Sharlos » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:03 am

Chicken wrote:I've already seen a datamined picture of it from a few builds ago:

Image

There's apparently separate models it has as well for weapons and such it uses, with what it gets as equipment depending on which type it is. Can't find the exact details on that though. This picture is also likely missing some other graphical effects and such, but it'll at least whet your appetite.

Any idea how tall it is in comparison to your character?
I hate signatures, but i love irony
User avatar
Sharlos
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby dmok » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:10 am

Sharlos wrote:Any idea how tall it is in comparison to your character?

I hope it is about the size of the Bubble Hearthing pally from the WotLK launch event trinket thing. It seemed a decent size for a npc companion that aided you in battle.

That thing also looks awesome in it's relatively unpolished state. I can also see an army of paladins popping wings, popping Guardian of Ancient Kings, and then watching as half of them DC due to too much awesomeness.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:49 am
Location: The Scryers

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby Chicken » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:20 am

Sharlos wrote:
Chicken wrote:I've already seen a datamined picture of it from a few builds ago:

http://www.wow-serbia.com/images/stories/news/cataclysm/models/avengingangel/avengingangel.jpg

There's apparently separate models it has as well for weapons and such it uses, with what it gets as equipment depending on which type it is. Can't find the exact details on that though. This picture is also likely missing some other graphical effects and such, but it'll at least whet your appetite.

Any idea how tall it is in comparison to your character?
I can only offer a guess for that.

Since they're trying to make it feel like the animation of the Rez spell Paladin heroes had in Warcraft III, I'm expecting him to be about the size of a Gnome at most; though likely levitating at a height similar to most flying companion pets. Think mini-Tyrael basically. I could easily be entirely wrong about that though. At any rate, we'll see how he is once the beta is back up and someone can find the time to get to level 85.
Image
User avatar
Chicken
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby Ludiaro » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:29 am

Chicken wrote:I've already seen a datamined picture of it from a few builds ago:

Image

There's apparently separate models it has as well for weapons and such it uses, with what it gets as equipment depending on which type it is. Can't find the exact details on that though. This picture is also likely missing some other graphical effects and such, but it'll at least whet your appetite.


Shit!...just drooled all over my keyboard!
*wipes it clean*
Btw, the size would be much appropriate if it were to be a bit taller than the actual player, so we get the feel of it affecting the gameplay as well, also, they said it to be like the gargoyle-version of unholy DK's so I wouldn't think it to be as small as a companion pet, the reference about WC3 Rez spell was that it would look like it not that it would be the same size imo.
Thanks for the pic Chicken! :D
Image
Ludiaro
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby Zalaria » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:01 am

I expect it will be about the same size and flying height as the val'kyr proc of Nibelung.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
User avatar
Zalaria
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:27 am

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby Chicken » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:23 am

Also on a more general note which I know is of interest to at least part of the Tankadin community, I expect the Guardian of Ancient Kings will ~Sparkle~.
Image
User avatar
Chicken
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:54 am

Chicken wrote:Also on a more general note which I know is of interest to at least part of the Tankadin community, I expect the Guardian of Ancient Kings will ~Sparkle~.


I bet it will also have wings and be gold colored --- oh wait...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:20 am

W00t! Heroic Shadowfang Keep and Heroic Deadmines are gonna be in Cata after all on day of release. I remember a while back GC saying that they were not gonna be available, at least not initially, so that's good. =D
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest