Build 12857 (31.8.10)

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Build 12857 (31.8.10)

Postby culhag » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:52 am

Klaudandus wrote:Point there -- I guess I'm just upset that protection seems to be falling way behind the other two trees when it comes to HoPow... *takes a deep breathe*

I heard Klaudandus Deep Breaths more since the last patch !
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Noradin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:57 am

Modal wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:and in our case, if we miss our CS or HotR, there goes our HoPow for that CD

This is a legitimate concern; it seems that we are likely to suffer somewhat in mitigation terms from not being hit/expertise capped, which is something of a disadvantage compared to other tanks.

There was already a blue post concerning this: We get the HoPow when we use the button for CS/HotR. It doesn't have to do damage. (But our judgement still has to to give us mana, right?)

Im still disappointed that the insist on making our tank debuffs single target. If they wan't to make damage income the deciding point if AoE can be used on something we will be at a disadvantage for those groups.
Also: DG has to go. It is unique for tankadins and can be used to give someone else who is tanking an additional CD.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 am

Noradin wrote:
Modal wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:and in our case, if we miss our CS or HotR, there goes our HoPow for that CD

This is a legitimate concern; it seems that we are likely to suffer somewhat in mitigation terms from not being hit/expertise capped, which is something of a disadvantage compared to other tanks.

There was already a blue post concerning this: We get the HoPow when we use the button for CS/HotR. It doesn't have to do damage. (But our judgement still has to to give us mana, right?)

Im still disappointed that the insist on making our tank debuffs single target. If they wan't to make damage income the deciding point if AoE can be used on something we will be at a disadvantage for those groups.
Also: DG has to go. It is unique for tankadins and can be used to give someone else who is tanking an additional CD.

If I recall correctly, they did mention that the reason we only get single-target debuffs is because we're much better at aoe than the other tanks -- which really doesn't hold water with all the changes all four classes are receiving.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 am

culhag wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Point there -- I guess I'm just upset that protection seems to be falling way behind the other two trees when it comes to HoPow... *takes a deep breathe*

I heard Klaudandus Deep Breaths more since the last patch !

I don't drop loot tho.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Ludiaro » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:15 am

Since Level cap on beta was increased to 85, any chance on seeing the Guardian of Ancient Kings tooltip/graphic/effect on each tree?
Ludiaro

Postby Minarva » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:18 am

When the servers get up Id imagine so.
Minarva

Postby Chicken » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:24 am

I've already seen a datamined picture of it from a few builds ago:

There's apparently separate models it has as well for weapons and such it uses, with what it gets as equipment depending on which type it is. Can't find the exact details on that though. This picture is also likely missing some other graphical effects and such, but it'll at least whet your appetite.
Chicken

Postby Sharlos » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:03 am

Chicken wrote:I've already seen a datamined picture of it from a few builds ago:

There's apparently separate models it has as well for weapons and such it uses, with what it gets as equipment depending on which type it is. Can't find the exact details on that though. This picture is also likely missing some other graphical effects and such, but it'll at least whet your appetite.

Any idea how tall it is in comparison to your character?
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Sharlos

Postby dmok » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:10 am

Sharlos wrote:Any idea how tall it is in comparison to your character?

I hope it is about the size of the Bubble Hearthing pally from the WotLK launch event trinket thing. It seemed a decent size for a npc companion that aided you in battle.

That thing also looks awesome in it's relatively unpolished state. I can also see an army of paladins popping wings, popping Guardian of Ancient Kings, and then watching as half of them DC due to too much awesomeness.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Chicken » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:20 am

Sharlos wrote:
Chicken wrote:I've already seen a datamined picture of it from a few builds ago:

http://www.wow-serbia.com/images/stories/news/cataclysm/models/avengingangel/avengingangel.jpg

Any idea how tall it is in comparison to your character?
I can only offer a guess for that.

Since they're trying to make it feel like the animation of the Rez spell Paladin heroes had in Warcraft III, I'm expecting him to be about the size of a Gnome at most; though likely levitating at a height similar to most flying companion pets. Think mini-Tyrael basically. I could easily be entirely wrong about that though. At any rate, we'll see how he is once the beta is back up and someone can find the time to get to level 85.
Chicken

Postby Ludiaro » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:29 am

Shit!...just drooled all over my keyboard!
*wipes it clean*
Btw, the size would be much appropriate if it were to be a bit taller than the actual player, so we get the feel of it affecting the gameplay as well, also, they said it to be like the gargoyle-version of unholy DK's so I wouldn't think it to be as small as a companion pet, the reference about WC3 Rez spell was that it would look like it not that it would be the same size imo.
Thanks for the pic Chicken! :D
Ludiaro

Postby Zalaria » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:01 am

I expect it will be about the same size and flying height as the val'kyr proc of Nibelung.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Chicken » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:23 am

Also on a more general note which I know is of interest to at least part of the Tankadin community, I expect the Guardian of Ancient Kings will ~Sparkle~.
Chicken

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:54 am

Chicken wrote:Also on a more general note which I know is of interest to at least part of the Tankadin community, I expect the Guardian of Ancient Kings will ~Sparkle~.

I bet it will also have wings and be gold colored --- oh wait...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:20 am

W00t! Heroic Shadowfang Keep and Heroic Deadmines are gonna be in Cata after all on day of release. I remember a while back GC saying that they were not gonna be available, at least not initially, so that's good. =D
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm