Guys don't worry

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Guys don't worry

Postby Chunes » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:44 am

Candiru wrote:I remember tanking Felmyst where my connection dropped off, and when I logged back in Felmyst was on 1% and still attacking me! I was very lucky and there weren't any deep breaths deep south.

That JoL threat was crazy.

Haha same thing for me, except it was gorefiend. That asshole had some ability that would knock me off the server, guaranteed.
Chunes

Postby hoho » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Seeing this thread be pretty much the FFA thread for cata I'd like to ask something:
how bad was the prot pala state this week (before the patch that is currently being applied)?

Reason I'm asking is I got into somewhat heated discussion on beta forums with a few QQers who claimed tanking is hard and they can't really do that on pala as they are broken, missing tools and "don't have enough damage". I based my claims on real-life scenarios I saw when running tens and tens of pug L84+ instances where I saw several tankadins pull some rather awesome stunts so I figured they are OK. Is it so or are the QQers still in full force on the forums?
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Huon » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:22 pm

hoho wrote:Seeing this thread be pretty much the FFA thread for cata I'd like to ask something:
how bad was the prot pala state this week (before the patch that is currently being applied)?

Reason I'm asking is I got into somewhat heated discussion on beta forums with a few QQers who claimed tanking is hard and they can't really do that on pala as they are broken, missing tools and "don't have enough damage". I based my claims on real-life scenarios I saw when running tens and tens of pug L84+ instances where I saw several tankadins pull some rather awesome stunts so I figured they are OK. Is it so or are the QQers still in full force on the forums?

Can't tell you much about how HARD it is to tank an instance, I haven't done one in a while.

But I CAN tell you that the current implementation of HoHo for prot isn't fun at all. At least to me... Too much dead time, way too much.
Huon

Previous

Return to Cataclysm