Mentoring

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Mentoring

Postby Candiru » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:21 am

I don't know if any of you have done BRD on live, but its been chopped up into loads of little instances. (When you use the dungeon finder tool.)

You start at different locations and have a boss to kill before it "ends" and gives out your satchels. Most people drop the group there, and trying to continue is impossible as you can't recruit more players once you have finished the dungeon. The first section is pretty short now.

The only trouble is if you don't know which boss you are supposed to be killing and go opening doors with keys and wonder off elsewhere! But it would allay your AZ/BRD time concern, as its now pretty quick when run through the LFG tool.
Candiru

Postby PsiVen » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:08 am

Can't you queue anew for the next section though, with whoever wanted to stick around?
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:50 am

Isn't it only in two parts? The tiny prison area, and then the whole rest of it with the Emperor as the required boss?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Arcand » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:05 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Isn't it only in two parts? The tiny prison area, and then the whole rest of it with the Emperor as the required boss?

I've had several groups where we killed Gerstahn - no completion - then cleared to the Emperor and killed him and still no completion.
Arcand

Postby Paxen » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:59 pm

Arcand wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Isn't it only in two parts? The tiny prison area, and then the whole rest of it with the Emperor as the required boss?

I've had several groups where we killed Gerstahn - no completion - then cleared to the Emperor and killed him and still no completion.

The way I understand it, is that if you're in an Upper City run (emperor) and kill Gerstahn first, no bag will drop even if you kill the emperor.
Paxen

Postby Arcand » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Oh, lovely. :P
Arcand

Previous

Return to Cataclysm