New Holy Power UI

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New Holy Power UI

Postby culhag » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:12 pm

I guess that's what will finally make me install Power Aura.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:14 pm

The consecration timer is completely unnecessary now that Cons is not spammable, no doubt it'll go. As for tracking Holy Power, I've been considering Power Auras lately for my proc-heavy toons, but I'll probably just end up setting up more sound effect triggers in MSBT rather than learning a whole new addon.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby PsiVen » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:49 pm

I'll most likely go with an addon that makes my finisher buttons light up, since they're what I look at most for OmniCC anyway.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Rasmfrackn » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:14 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:The consecration timer is completely unnecessary now that Cons is not spammable, no doubt it'll go. As for tracking Holy Power, I've been considering Power Auras lately for my proc-heavy toons, but I'll probably just end up setting up more sound effect triggers in MSBT rather than learning a whole new addon.

I assumed they might keep the totem icon for consecrate to let us cancel it early, but we don't have it now and it isn't a big deal...
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Gideon » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:32 am

If the game still treats HP as a stacking buff I'll just add it to the Elk Bars stack I have just next to screen centre.
Gideon

Postby Ocin » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:19 am

I'm still bummed about this system no matter what it looks like as far as the UI. How does it feel on beta tanking with HoPO?
Ocin

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:50 pm

At the moment as far as i know ShoR is bugged so there's not much to feel i'm afraid.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby theckhd » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:06 pm

ShoR was working for me yesterday when I tested it. Well, insofar as one can cast it - my scrolling combat text seemed to be bugged, and I didn't bother to check the combat log to check how much it was hitting for.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Orthien » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Im liking the look of this UI its far better than I was expecting.
I don't think PowerAuras will be able to track it though unless they manage to update it and find a way. The most probible thing will be addons such as bartender to allow movement of the feature in unision with Pitbull etc. That or player designed bars.
Orthien

Postby Rasmfrackn » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:52 pm

theckhd wrote:ShoR was working for me yesterday when I tested it. Well, insofar as one can cast it - my scrolling combat text seemed to be bugged, and I didn't bother to check the combat log to check how much it was hitting for.

Yeah, it seems like the floating numbers are busted for everyone. I pulled #s out of the combat log and put them in the new build thread. Basically AS and SotR3 are about 4k hits now.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:11 am

Rasmfrackn wrote:
theckhd wrote:ShoR was working for me yesterday when I tested it. Well, insofar as one can cast it - my scrolling combat text seemed to be bugged, and I didn't bother to check the combat log to check how much it was hitting for.

Yeah, it seems like the floating numbers are busted for everyone. I pulled #s out of the combat log and put them in the new build thread. Basically AS and SotR3 are about 4k hits now.

Yeah damage numbers is one of those features that is VERY disconcerting when it's broken
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:20 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:If the combat text had a numerical value, that'd help a bit too. All it says is Holy Power! which, unless you're actively counting, doesn't help much.

not so, Holy Power! indicates 3 stacks. Holy Power (without the !) is a 1 or 2 stack application.

LOL so this is only for people who can acknowledge appropriate punctuation.

The WoW community as a whole will be screwed. :lol:
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:23 am

Orthien wrote:Im liking the look of this UI its far better than I was expecting.
I don't think PowerAuras will be able to track it though unless they manage to update it and find a way. The most probible thing will be addons such as bartender to allow movement of the feature in unision with Pitbull etc. That or player designed bars.

How do you mean? It's a self buff. You track it's stack to three, or two, or one. Or do it for all three. Seems not different than any other buff.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:26 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Orthien wrote:Im liking the look of this UI its far better than I was expecting.

How do you mean? It's a self buff. You track it's stack to three, or two, or one. Or do it for all three. Seems not different than any other buff.

And even if the self-buff is temporary (i.e. the final version is handled more like rogue combo points and doesn't show a buff), I guarantee that there will be API functions to retrieve that information.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Treck » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:44 am

Thats what i was talking about earlier in this threat.
It will no doubt be pretty easy making an addon to track it, but i would asume the buffs themselves on a player would go away, theres no reason having the buff and the holy power UI.
Wouldnt be suprised if Powa will be able to track it at 4.0 tho.
Treck

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm