Remove Advertisements

beta build 12694 (8, 5 2010)

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: beta build 12694 (8, 5 2010)

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:38 am

Ok just to tell you guys from a beta tester, shit is just broken. You can't spec into Shield of the Righteous or Art of War. HotR and Avenger's Shield both hit like trucks though. The damage disparity is actually a little ridiculous to see CS and Judgement hitting for like 1000 and AS hitting for 7000 and HotR hitting for 4900...
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:49 am

I have to mention that I am extremely disappointed that ShoR is a talent.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby steadypal » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:56 am

ya new launcher is extremely slow for me, anyone else experiencing any problems with it? i did get on beta though

CS hitting for 600 on skull dummy, hotr hitting for 4kish, lol AS still hittig like a truck, talents wont let me learn anything past 19 points in prot so i cant learn shield slam, if GC was right about CS and hotr being exclusive the dmg is pretty far apart, i hope they let us keep both :P or atleast not nerf hotr to the ground rather buff CS to the current hotr on beta :P lol
steadypal

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:04 am

steadypal wrote:ya new launcher is extremely slow for me, anyone else experiencing any problems with it? i did get on beta though

CS hitting for 600 on skull dummy, hotr hitting for 4kish, lol AS still hittig like a truck, talents wont let me learn anything past 19 points in prot so i cant learn shield slam, if GC was right about CS and hotr being exclusive the dmg is pretty far apart, i hope they let us keep both :P or atleast not nerf hotr to the ground rather buff CS to the current hotr on beta :P lol

You can go past 19 points in prot, you just can't learn ShoR. Don't try to put points into it and it'll work.
Sabindeus

Postby Malona » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:26 am

You can get the talent, but it won't give you the skill, so doing so is pretty pointless. I'd expect things to work better in the next build, as someone mentioned earlier.

Edit: Or rather, you can get the talent until you log out and back in again and see it reset. So yeah, completely broken.
Last edited by Malona on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malona

Postby obeyfez » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:44 am

Another beta build another week I ignore the beta. I'm primarily interested in testing my prot pally in the beta and giving feedback to Blizz on all the new abilities. And while I am thankful to have received a beta invite in the first round, thus far it has gone unused (other than flying to all those gryphon-taxi fly-over places in the new old world - fun!). I want to save the surprise of goblin and worgen leveling and the new 80-85 zones and dungeons for when it goes live, so testing that just isn't for me. This isn't qq, just wish I could test my pally without things being broke or NYI. Looking forward to a time (hopefully in the near future) when things are more test-ready.
obeyfez

Postby d503 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:07 am

obeyfez wrote:Another beta build another week I ignore the beta. I'm primarily interested in testing my prot pally in the beta and giving feedback to Blizz on all the new abilities. And while I am thankful to have received a beta invite in the first round, thus far it has gone unused (other than flying to all those gryphon-taxi fly-over places in the new old world - fun!). I want to save the surprise of goblin and worgen leveling and the new 80-85 zones and dungeons for when it goes live, so testing that just isn't for me. This isn't qq, just wish I could test my pally without things being broke or NYI. Looking forward to a time (hopefully in the near future) when things are more test-ready.

You realize that your equivalent of "beta testing" is about the same as reading patch notes, using wowtal, watching videos, and providing feedback on the forums?

I'm not saying I'm happy with the state of Prot at the moment (I'm happy with the promise of it, for sure, but skill learning bugs ftl), but the first thing I did in Alpha was level a goblin up so I can help them with those quest areas, file bugs, and be a meaningful part of the testing process. A tremendous amount of work is going in redesigning old zones, and lots of testing is needed to uncover the bugs therein. Even if it means taking your level 80 over there and beating up the quests, you can provide some good feedback.

If you're just waiting for things to get to "live" levels of stability, your beta account's not gonna have very much played time. Things are test-ready at the moment, you just have to be willing to deal with some bullshit for a little bit ;)
d503

Postby Fenris » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:25 am

Taeron wrote:I'm not exactly sure why they decided to remove damage return from Holy Shield (further paladin AoE tanking nerf)

:(
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby d503 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:29 am

Fenris wrote:
Taeron wrote:I'm not exactly sure why they decided to remove damage return from Holy Shield (further paladin AoE tanking nerf)

They removed Damage Shield as well...I think they're getting away from passive damage like that...maybe Ret Aura goes next?
d503

Postby PsiVen » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:56 am

Arincia wrote:So i still see bears get 12% DR physical and 18% magical, Dks get 8% stance and 6% for blood rune being on cd (effectively 14%) and warriors at 10% while paladins are worse off now with none?

Think blizzard is missing a lot of memos on prot paladin lately and my faith in them is almost none existent at this point. Depending on how SoR ends up being implemented this could possibly be a step forwards but there's still lots to fix that it isn't getting there.

If you really think that paladins are going to go live with 0% DR you shouldn't be looking at beta builds. Save posts like these for the official forums.

obeyfez wrote:Another beta build another week I ignore the beta. I'm primarily interested in testing my prot pally in the beta and giving feedback to Blizz on all the new abilities. And while I am thankful to have received a beta invite in the first round, thus far it has gone unused (other than flying to all those gryphon-taxi fly-over places in the new old world - fun!). I want to save the surprise of goblin and worgen leveling and the new 80-85 zones and dungeons for when it goes live, so testing that just isn't for me. This isn't qq, just wish I could test my pally without things being broke or NYI. Looking forward to a time (hopefully in the near future) when things are more test-ready.

Most starting areas are revamped now, esp. new ones like gnomes and trolls. If you don't want to play a goblin/worgen or touch the new 80+ zones, you can start right there. Though I'm curious how you intend to test the new abilities without referencing the new content...
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Yelena » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:59 am

d503 wrote:
Fenris wrote:

They removed Damage Shield as well...I think they're getting away from passive damage like that...maybe Ret Aura goes next?

And then there would be much rejoicing from Rogues and kitty Druids. Pre-nerf Ret Aura was loads of fun in the Arena last year, Rogues would do half the work for you.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Taeron » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:32 pm

d503 wrote:
Fenris wrote:

Why is Eye for an Eye there then? Should we be looking into that as the new return damage source? Does that return damage generate aggro?
Taeron

Postby d503 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Taeron wrote:Why is Eye for an Eye there then? Should we be looking into that as the new return damage source? Does that return damage generate aggro?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work against bosses, and it will continue to be a PvP-focused talent, as it is on live.

Not to mention that it's not exactly equivalent to Damage Shield or Holy Shield reflective damage.
d503

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:59 pm

d503 wrote:
Taeron wrote:Why is Eye for an Eye there then? Should we be looking into that as the new return damage source? Does that return damage generate aggro?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work against bosses, and it will continue to be a PvP-focused talent, as it is on live.

Not to mention that it's not exactly equivalent to Damage Shield or Holy Shield reflective damage.

Where are you getting the "it doesn't work against bosses" from?
Sabindeus

Postby d503 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Soz m8, poorly worded...useless on live because you don't get crit...not sure of usefulness on beta because we don't know if it works on bosses, and we'd have to measure against the threat benefits of other threat talents in tier 1& 1 Ret...
d503

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm