Remove Advertisements

After Cata, what's left in the old world?

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: After Cata, what's left in the old world?

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:50 am

Chicken wrote:
Dantriges wrote:There was a zone list floating around up to level 110. IIRC the list differs now from the actual implemented zones but up to cataclysm it was pretty much spot on.
That list gets edited every single expansion and then reposted. It's just based on the RPG books. Don't put any stock into it.

The earliest dated hit for that list is for September 2007, using "Xorothian Plains" as the Google search phrase.

So way after TBC and a month after Northrend was announced as the new location of the next expansion.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:35 am

Flex wrote:
Chicken wrote:
Dantriges wrote:There was a zone list floating around up to level 110. IIRC the list differs now from the actual implemented zones but up to cataclysm it was pretty much spot on.
That list gets edited every single expansion and then reposted. It's just based on the RPG books. Don't put any stock into it.

The earliest dated hit for that list is for September 2007, using "Xorothian Plains" as the Google search phrase.

So way after TBC and a month after Northrend was announced as the new location of the next expansion.

In fairness, I am reasonably sure that file was around before 2007. I can't PROVE it as you have but I know i remember seeing it earlier than that.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:30 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Flex wrote:
Chicken wrote:That list gets edited every single expansion and then reposted. It's just based on the RPG books. Don't put any stock into it.

In fairness, I am reasonably sure that file was around before 2007. I can't PROVE it as you have but I know i remember seeing it earlier than that.

I know that list was out before Wrath zones were announced, as I remember reading it here. As best I can remember, it was posted here after Wrath was announced, but before any details were announced, so it would have taken someone with some inside information to post.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:53 am

halabar wrote:I know that list was out before Wrath zones were announced, as I remember reading it here. As best I can remember, it was posted here after Wrath was announced, but before any details were announced, so it would have taken someone with some inside information to post.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Lands_of_Mystery was released in 2006 and features a pretty complete and detailed Northrend map and you can guesstimate level ranges based on geography.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:14 am

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:I know that list was out before Wrath zones were announced, as I remember reading it here. As best I can remember, it was posted here after Wrath was announced, but before any details were announced, so it would have taken someone with some inside information to post.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Lands_of_Mystery was released in 2006 and features a pretty complete and detailed Northrend map and you can guesstimate level ranges based on geography.

Well that would definitely sync up with my rememberances
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby sahiel » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:13 am

Sabindeus wrote:In fairness, I am reasonably sure that file was around before 2007. I can't PROVE it as you have but I know i remember seeing it earlier than that.

If you read the last couple of pages of the thread Flex linked, the guy who posted it admits to having made the whole thing up back then in Sep 2007 on a whim and being surprised how crazy it all got.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:33 pm

sahiel wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:In fairness, I am reasonably sure that file was around before 2007. I can't PROVE it as you have but I know i remember seeing it earlier than that.

If you read the last couple of pages of the thread Flex linked, the guy who posted it admits to having made the whole thing up back then in Sep 2007 on a whim and being surprised how crazy it all got.

:/

I dunno dude, do we have any assurance he's telling the truth?
Sabindeus

Postby sahiel » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Beyond the fact he is the first ever poster we can find, nope, not a shred, that said, if it was posted before it's pretty strange that no-one (and there have been multiple long threads on the official forums tying) can find anything earlier than him. Given how most everything is cached or stored somewhere if it was on the net before his post, it seems likely it would be able to be found somewhere, imo.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Digren » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Don't forget about Undermine, the goblin capitol on the island south of the Maelstrom.
Digren

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Wasn't Undermine supposed to be under Kezan? Thought the old ideas for the area got scrapped when they brought the Goblins in for Cataclysm.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Digren » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:21 am

Has the mention of Undermine been scrapped from all existing quests? I don't think they were going to eliminate the city from lore.

As it's an underground city it can be added later.
Digren

Previous

Return to Cataclysm