Remove Advertisements

Beta build 12644 (July 30, 2010)

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Beta build 12644 (July 30, 2010)

Postby Warcraft » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Holy

* Speed of Light now increases your movement speed for 4 sec. Down from 10 sec.
* Improved Lay on Hands is gone.
* Last Word (Tier 2) *New* - Gives your Word of Glory a 30/60% increased critical chance when used on targets with 35% or less health.
* Sanctified Light is now named Arbiter of the Light - Increases the critical effect chance of your Judgement, Holy Light and Templar's Verdict by 6/12%.

Protection

* Hand of Sacrifice is now trained at level 80. Up from 78.
* Seal of Justice no longer stuns the target but limit it's maximum run speed instead.
* Avenger's Shield no longer dazes the targets, but silences them for 3 secs.
* Vindication now gives your Holy Wrath a chance to reduce physical damage done by the target by 10% for 30 sec. (Old - Proc from all damaging attacks, 10 sec duration)
* Devotion Aura is now trained at level 9. Down from 18.
* Hand of Protection no longer seems to have the Avenging Wrath restriction.
* Righteous Fury now increases all threat.
* Ardent Defender - Activate to reduce damage taken by 20% for 10 sec. While Ardent Defender is active, the next attack that would otherwise kill you will instead cause you to be healed for 15% of your maximum health.
* Shield of the Templar now reduces the cooldown of Avenger's Shield by 3/7/10 sec (Up from 2/4/6 sec), Guardian of Ancient Kings by 1/2/3 min (Down from 10/20/30 min). No longer increases the amount absorbed by your Sacred Shield, now reduces the cooldown fo Avenging Wrath by 20/40/60 sec.
* Holy Shield now Lasts 20 sec. Up from 15 sec.
* Guarded by the Light has been revamped - Increases your Word of Glory by 20/40% when used to heal yourself. Any overhealing will create a protective shield equal to the amount of overhealing that lasts for 6 sec (last part NYI).
* Grand Crusader now has a chance to reduce the cooldown of your next Avenger's Shield instead of Holy Wrath.
* Hallowed Ground now decreases Consecration's mana cost by 25% instead of increasing its damage.
* Protector of the Innocent is now a Tier 1 Talent. Down from Tier 2. Now Increases your healing by 1/2/3% on allies affected by Devotion Aura and increases the damage of your Retribution Aura by 20/40/60%.
* Toughness is now a Tier 2 talent. Up from Tier 1.

Retribution

* The Art of War now has a 7/15% chance to proc. (Down from 15/30%)
* Sanctity of Battle - Increases the damage by 10/20% and critical strike damage by 50/100% of your Exorcism. In addition, increases the chance you will hit with spells by 3/6%.
* Seals of Command is now a Tier 4 talent. Up from Tier 3.
* Rule of Law now Increases the critical effect chance of your Crusader Strike, Holy Shock and Word of Glory by 5/10/15%. (Old - Crusader Strike and Holy Light)
* Improved Crusader Strike is back as a Tier 3 2-Ranks talent. Reduces the cooldown of your Crusader Strike by 0.5/1 sec.

More on http://www.mmo-champion.com/

Seems like an alright patch for Protection overall, though the change I bolded is the only truly exciting one in my opinion.
Warcraft

Re: Beta build 12644 (July 30, 2010)

Postby Amirya » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm not overly thrilled with Vindication anymore.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby steadypal » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:25 pm

Protector of the Innocent (Rank 0/3)
Increases your healing by 1%/2%/3% on allies affected by Devotion Aura and inceases the damage of your Retribution Aura by 20%/30%/60%.

woot dont need this talent anymore
Hallowed Ground (Rank 0/2)
Increases the duration of your Consecration spell by 15/30 secs and decreases its mana cost by 25%/50%.

mana really isnt a problem that i can see, will miss the dmg increase
Grand Crusader (Rank 0/2)
When your Crusader Strike deals damage, it has a 10%/20% chance of refreshing the cooldown of Avenger's Shield.

why are they forcing our pull into our tank rotation?

Vindication (Rank 0/2)
Your Holy Wrath has a 50%/100% chance to reduce physical damage done by the target by 5%/10% for 10/30 sec.

so there we go, holy wrath needs to be in our rotation, or no vindication,,, forcefeed us a rotation, thanks

Guarded by the Light (Rank 0/2)
Increases your Word of Glory be 20%/40% when used to heal yourself. Any overhealing will create a protective shield equal to the amount of overhealing that lasts for 6 sec

hmm tough choices, holy shield or this? we use this, no HP for holy shield,,, tough tough choice
Shield of the Templar (Rank 0/3)
Reduces the cooldown of Avenger's Shield by 3/7/10 sec, Guardian of Ancient Kings by 1/2/3 min, and Avenging Wrath by 20/40/60 sec.

again, i dont want frisbee in my tanking rotation, wtf.. and 60 seconds left on wings? im not ret.
And our beloved
HotR:
8 sec CD (!)
Hammers the current target for 300% weapon damage as Holy damage, and then jumping to additional nearby targets. Each jump lowers the damage by 50%.

nice, more dmg, thanks, hmm, not just 2 additional, NICE

[/quote]
steadypal

Postby Dehn » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:30 pm

So..

- Vindication is basically giving us a demo shout that also does damage....
- We get a choice between more HP or better block from our holy power, which could be an interesting trade-off.

AND

- we get our interrupt on rather short cooldown. AS with talents will be our interrupt.
Dehn

Postby towelliee » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Shield of the Templar now reduces the cooldown of Avenger's Shield by 3/7/10 sec (Up from 2/4/6 sec), Guardian of Ancient Kings by 1/2/3 min (Down from 10/20/30 min). No longer increases the amount absorbed by your Sacred Shield, now reduces the cooldown fo Avenging Wrath by 20/40/60 sec.

So for PVP let me get this straight

Glyph for Avenger Shield - 100% more DMG
New talent makes it REFRESH upon crusader strike by 20%
ANd Templar makes AVG 20 seconds and Wings on 2 minute cooldown not 3...

Prot Ret PVP just got interesting
towelliee

Postby steadypal » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:38 pm

Guarded by the Light (Rank 0/2)
Increases your Word of Glory be 20%/40% when used to heal yourself. Any overhealing will create a protective shield equal to the amount of overhealing that lasts for 6 sec

ALSO, chances are, we wont be doing much overhealing in raids if we're main tanking,, if we do, its luck, if not, we just wasted it on not using holy shield...

they just need to make holy shield 15% baseline, and give us the choice between inquisition, and word of glory.
steadypal

Postby Decadere » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:53 pm

I guess GbtL is a bit of an advantage in a spell dmg heavy boss fight. It still doesn't justify 2 talent points though IMO.
Decadere

Postby steadypal » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:57 pm

Decadere wrote:I guess GbtL is a bit of an advantage in a spell dmg heavy boss fight. It still doesn't justify 2 talent points though IMO.

only if we are 100% topped off the time we blow our 3 holy power on the heal
steadypal

Postby Rasmfrackn » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Dehn wrote:- we get our interrupt on rather short cooldown. AS with talents will be our interrupt.

.. unless they're immune to silence, which raid mobs *usually* are. :)
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby steadypal » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:21 pm

hard to rely on 20 sec CD and chance to refresh CD

fwiw AS hits like a truck, while hotr hits like a girl...
steadypal

Postby blakk » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:23 pm

holy wrath is going to feel like thunderclap now. only use it when someone else isn't providing it or for aoe.
blakk

Postby Ilara » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:55 pm

What the shit are they doing anymore? I have no fking idea what Bliz think they are doing, best I can imagine is some sort of drunken dance.

GC stumbles in, barely able to stand: "HAy Guies! gue -hic- guess wat? I'm makin em dance the friggin Zorba dance!! Get the art guys to make t11 a miniskirt!"

/angr over... maybe

so now we are forced into rotation as well as picking useless talents in order to proceed? I've never used points in a HoR talent, and I'm not a Holy or Ret pally. First bracket looks great for selection then.
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby hoho » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:56 pm

Rasmfrackn wrote:
Dehn wrote:- we get our interrupt on rather short cooldown. AS with talents will be our interrupt.

.. unless they're immune to silence, which raid mobs *usually* are. :)
I'm fairly certain every single silencing spell in game now also interrupts, no matter if mob is immune or not.

At least I'm fairly certain priest's silence and mage's counterspell did it.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Bobness » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:18 am

Hmm...

So Holy Shield Will still be a spam CS Failure.

We now have to actively apply our "Demo Shout" ability, which will be unusable in CC situations

Ardent Defender is now so - so (c'est la vie)

Frisbee throw part of the rotation uhhh why ???.

Each iteration of the Prot Paladin so far is making me more inclined to keep going with my Warrior.

It lacks focus & definition so far i'm a lot less excited than for WOTLK

4/10 So far & that's being kind..

Apologies but... Blizzard what are you doing ?? each build 1 step forward 2 steps back.
Bobness

Postby Ilara » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:42 am

Slightly calmer look at the tree now.... my QQ opinions most may not give a shite about;

Protector of Innocent vs Imp Hoj.
Boooooring. Need to spend 2 points in one of them though. Stun cooldown or boost to aura I shouldn't really be using... hmm... stuns still broken by damage? ie hammer, cons, shield, holy wrath etc? Though it has proven itself helpful to get casters at a range to shut up a moment...

2nd teir
Pretty easy choice here. Never been a fan of G.Favor. Though I am guilty of using hand of prot to piss off the melee. mwhahahaa~

3rd teir
Sanc and HoR. yay. Wrath of LB sounds like it will be needed if they are forcing wrath into our rotation. Still not sure on Cons. I'm thinking maybe one, just to make sure. Will require testing.

4th teir
Still cannot make myself like Divine Guardian. Ever since it first showed up its been the redhead stepchild of the prot tree that I just WANT to hate.

5th teir
So vindication is tied to an AoE move? hows it going to work as a single target system?
Holy Shield vs GBTL shield. I'll let you number nuts work out the blocked vs the strength of and likelihood of maxing the shield granted. Whilst somewhat interested, sounds too iffy straight off.

6th teir
Not sure why they are going to tie Avenging Wrath cooldown into it. Its always been it vs bubblewall during fight for me.
Avengers Shield CD. Is this to make our pulls faster in roic runs? :D
Ill allow Sacred Duty to live. for now.

7th teir
Ardent Defender as a toggle. Lets get this straight; I don't like you. Our alliance is made on the fact that I will undoubtedly need you as a second bubble wall...
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Next

Return to Cataclysm