Remove Advertisements

A Call to Arms - Cataclysm Mechanics testing

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: A call to arms - Beta/PTR parses on WoL

Postby theckhd » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Some enchant testing: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6 ... 2rv7d/log/

So far that log confirms that it procs off of CS, HotR, Judgement (0/2 JotJ), and of course melee hits.

I wasn't able to get a confirmed trigger off of AS or ShoR, but I ran out of time.

It's also worth noting that there may be an ICD here, I noticed a few procs that occurred ~45-50 seconds after the previous one. I did a little testing while meleeing the dummy and casting CS-ShoR- repeatedly to see if I could get two procs separated by less than 45 seconds, but wasn't successful with the limited time I had:

Code: Select all
[19:33:18.260] Theckpretwo gains Windwalk from Theckpretwo
[19:35:30.015] Theckpretwo gains Windwalk from Theckpretwo
[19:38:12.624] Theckpretwo gains Windwalk from Theckpretwo
[19:39:04.417] Theckpretwo gains Windwalk from Theckpretwo
[19:40:18.731] Theckpretwo gains Windwalk from Theckpretwo
[19:45:15.663] Theckpretwo gains Windwalk from Theckpretwo
[19:46:36.491] Theckpretwo gains Windwalk from Theckpretwo
[19:47:03.390] Theckpretwo gains Windwalk from Theckpretwo
[19:48:01.076] Theckpretwo gains Windwalk from Theckpretwo
[19:49:00.483] Theckpretwo gains Windwalk from Theckpretwo
[19:49:45.046] Theckpretwo gains Windwalk from Theckpretwo
[19:53:48.716] Theckpretwo gains Windwalk from Theckpretwo
[19:55:30.949] Theckpretwo gains Windwalk from Theckpretwo
[19:56:57.354] Theckpretwo gains Windwalk from Theckpretwo
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby tlitp » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:37 am

Arianne :
  • J alone (i.e. 0/2 JotJ) doesn't proc any seal
  • JotW scales with spell haste
Theck : the sample size is too small, you may get erroneous conclusions. Check out Towelliee's session :

OK, we've nailed 0/2 and 2/2 JotJ. For completeness, we need a similar test for 1/2 JotJ, on beta/PTR (either is fine). Don't bother rotating all the seals (pick Righteousness, cast several J). Thanks.
tlitp

Postby theckhd » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:33 am

tlitp wrote:Theck : the sample size is too small, you may get erroneous conclusions. Check out Towelliee's session :

OK, we've nailed 0/2 and 2/2 JotJ. For completeness, we need a similar test for 1/2 JotJ, on beta/PTR (either is fine). Don't bother rotating all the seals (pick Righteousness, cast several J). Thanks.

Yeah, I didn't intend to test ICD conditions when I started, just the proc triggers. So there's nowhere near enough data there to make any conclusions, I just thought I'd bring it up as a possibility. But Towellie's parse makes it pretty clear that there's no ICD, so it's probably just a simple 1 PPM enchant (and hence a low proc rate, even with a 2.6 weapon).

I'll try and continue the proc trigger testing, though I may not have time tonight. ShoR is a pain since you need to build Holy Power, I was alternating CS-ShoR- to maximize proc chances, but it always seemed to inconveniently proc off of CS instead of ShoR in my testing. Now that I'm sure there's no ICD, I'm less concerned about going back and spamming CS-ShoR- to collect conclusive data.

AS is also a pain thanks to the cooldown, but again, I can spam CS to get GC procs to speed it up a bit.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Chicken » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:42 am

That does show it's not a 45 second ICD though. That's 27 seconds between those two procs.
Chicken

Postby theckhd » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:50 am

Chicken wrote:
That does show it's not a 45 second ICD though. That's 27 seconds between those two procs.

Hm... you're right. Must have missed that one.
theckhd

Postby tlitp » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:02 pm

theckhd wrote:I'll try and continue the proc trigger testing (...)

In case anyone is interested to contribute with a beta parse, there are two data sets we're interested in :
  • SotR/AS as triggers (for this you want the slowest weapon you can find, ilvl is irrelevant)
  • Censure's ticks as trigger (for this you want a clean log, only autoattacks+SoT, whilst having equipped a slow 2H weapon; aim for a duration of at least one hour)

(as far as #2 goes, Towelliee's parse seems to indicate that Protection's Censure isn't able to serve as trigger; the sample size is, however, small enough to make it inconclusive)
tlitp

Postby theckhd » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:12 pm

I can probably take care of #2 this evening.
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:53 pm

About three hours worth of testing:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p ... details/0/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o ... details/0/

Both tests use Reclaimed Ashkandi, so 3.8 base speed, enchanted with Windwalk.

The first parse is about an hour of testing in nearly full ret gear, without trinkets (so an appreciable amount of haste). Basically the load-out of the lvl 85 premade with the trinkets removed.

The second parse is about two hours of testing with all of the haste gear removed, so nearly naked. I left on a few pieces that didn't have haste because I ran out of bag space. It should be closer to the base 3.8 speed, though that presumably doesn't matter for the proc chance.

I didn't write down stats for either set, since I assume you don't care about that, but I can easily conjure them up tomorrow night if necessary.
theckhd

Postby tlitp » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Theck :
  • Windwalk isn't being triggered by Censure's aura refresh
  • it also isn't being triggered by Censure's ticks (there isn't a single unequivocal occurrence in 3300 ticks)

All in all, we probably were misled by those EJ reports. I suspect that people have always referred specifically to Avalanche, not to PPM-type effects. It was just a case of poor communication between parties.
tlitp

Postby theckhd » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:34 am

So just to sum up, for mechanical testing we still have:

-PPM proc triggers - Windwalk proccing from AS, ShoR, (Holy Wrath?, HoW?, Cons?)

And of course, I still need parses to check ability_model for accuracy.
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:07 am

New request: I'd like to test Avalanche and Censure ticks for prot. I need data with:
  • a slow weapon enchanted with Avalanche (premade in Ret gear with Reclaimed Ashkandi would be perfect)
  • auto-attacking a low level dummy from behind (to eliminate miss/dodge/parry)
  • Seal of Truth active
  • No other abilities
  • Protection spec, but the exact spec is irrelevant as long as you've chosen prot as your primary spec.

This test can be mostly unattended as long as you refresh SoT and jump (to avoid logging out) every 25 mins or so. In fact, that's how I took the Windwalk data above while playing AC:Brotherhood last night.
theckhd

Postby Arianne » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:21 pm

I decided to retest HotR glyph and T10 2 piece since 4.0.3 came out. I'm not sure what's working, but it seems like one or both may be fixed? I used my current spec in armory (3/32/1 - PotI, 1/3 cursade, -SotP, -IHoJ -HG).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wjarvte61h8jaby3/ No glyph, Naked, Mithrios
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8xg0kja0gtk0qtli/ HotR Glyph, Naked, Mithrios
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t38diwhuw2tisfct/ No Glyph, 2 T10 (shoulders, gloves), Mithrios
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6pgsujtdqpqaheyd/ HotR Glyph, 2 T10 (shoulders, gloves), Mithrios
Arianne

Postby tlitp » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:19 pm

Arianne :

Working as intended ? :P
tlitp

Postby Arianne » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Sorry? Did I upload the logs wrong? Is it still broken? Did I do a bad test? /confused :x I tried uploading the naked +/- glyph again to see but my WoL isn't loading after I upload to it (the ad servers are timing out for me for some reason), so I can't really check.
Arianne

Postby tlitp » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Someone seems to need a translation from "tlitp-ese" to plain English. :lol:
Joking aside, the numbers are pretty conclusive. In 4.0.3, the aura still affects only the physical component.
tlitp

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations