Remove Advertisements

Ask a beta tester thread

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm

oO

That's weird... how did we end up with different skills from the transfer...
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:28 pm

Damn good question. Could be anything. Difference in professions, faction, talents? I don't know.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:31 pm

Could be the Vengeance/Corruption thing, since they're seperate spells as far as the live game is concerned and might not transfer the same.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby steadypal » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:05 pm

i dont have seal of vengeance in my books, and i cant buy seal of truth or insight whichever the seal of vengeance remake one was.. all i have is seal of light/justice/righteous
steadypal

Postby Norfolk » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:18 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
steadypal wrote:most important question... how do you train?

you don't because trainers are broken! haHA!

From what several people were confirming in trade chat, currently in order to train the new abilities, you have to unlearn one of your main professions. I opted not to do that and wait for another build to see if that gets fixed (since I'd like to test out the trade skill changes whey they roll out) and play around on a Worgen to see the changes to the early levels.
Norfolk

Postby Yelena » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:19 pm

Seal of Vengeance
Seal of Truth

Both have the same Spell ID (31801). Essentially Blizzard renamed the existing Seal of Vengeance, and deleted Seal of Corruption (53736), so currently Alliance Paladins will have Seal of Truth upon copying while Horde Paladins are more or less SOL until Blizzard fixes the training issues.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Yelena wrote:Seal of Vengeance
Seal of Truth

Both have the same Spell ID (31801). Essentially Blizzard renamed the existing Seal of Vengeance, and deleted Seal of Corruption (53736), so currently Alliance Paladins will have Seal of Truth upon copying while Horde Paladins are more or less SOL until Blizzard fixes the training issues.

HA SEE Alliance is superior.

Sucker horde.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Stay on topic, Sabin.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:12 pm

Levantine

Postby Noradin » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:49 am

Does CS generate HP if it is absorbed?
Do we now get the manaproc if judgement is absorbed?
(Wich we should given that they changed the rage mechanic to work on absorbs ages ago.)
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Arianne » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:51 am

What's the base block change of a paladin right now? 5%? Then our mastery conversion plus holy shield?
Arianne

Postby Gaffer » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:50 pm

Arianne wrote:What's the base block change of a paladin right now? 5%? Then our mastery conversion plus holy shield?

Wearing no gear, we currently have 5% block which absorbs 30%. Holy Shield is intended to block 5% per Holy Power stack, although currently is incredibly bugged (in the last 5 minutes, I've seen 3 stack give 1.5% and 72.35%). Mastery was disabled a few builds ago so I can't confirm values earned from that.
Gaffer

Postby Arianne » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:09 pm

What is warrior's current base block chance? Do you have 5% plus 15% for Improved Block plus 10% for the new Critical Block mastery? Or did they remove Improved Block?
Arianne

Postby Rasmfrackn » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:26 pm

The recent blue post on masteries states that warriors will get 10% block chance and 10% critical block chance (presumably 10% more often once you've already blocked), while we have 16% block chance. Both are then further increased via mastery rating. I don't know where warriors are getting the stated 15% more block chance that we don't have (or need to use holy shield to match) since I don't see it in their talent tree. Is it one of the Prot tree selection perks?
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby hoho » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:25 am

Gamingdevil wrote:
Tev wrote:I know they wanted to get away from stats that have a cap, like hit, once you reach 100%, no point in having more. All other stats as far I can think either can be staced infinitely for added benefit, or the cap is not reachable.

On the contrary. I'm quite sure they mentioned that hit is an interesting stat, because you're "juggling" around the cap. You shouldn't have too little, but there's no benefit in having too much.
I'm not sure if it was players asking for it or blues saying it but I vaguely remember someone saying hit over cap should still give you something. No link to prove it though.

As for skills, be sure to see if your char actually knows how to parry. I had a pala tanking half the instance when he noticed he didn't have the skill for some reason.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm