Remove Advertisements

Ask a beta tester thread

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby degre » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Aanar wrote: It's kind of annoying to see a good sword upgrade but know you have to run to stormwind to train it (or in the case of a newb not know what you need to do or where to get sword training).


you don't train weapon skills anymore afaik

I'm sure that has been removed the skilling up required, maybe could be possible that you still have to buy the ability?
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
User avatar
degre
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:11 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:20 pm

degre wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
Aanar wrote: It's kind of annoying to see a good sword upgrade but know you have to run to stormwind to train it (or in the case of a newb not know what you need to do or where to get sword training).


you don't train weapon skills anymore afaik

I'm sure that has been removed the skilling up required, maybe could be possible that you still have to buy the ability?


nooooope pretty sure you don't
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby dixy1988 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:57 pm

I would like one of beta testers, who reached level 85, about ability Guardian of the Ancient Kings.
I noticed on MMO-Champion, description for it on http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/167 ... -Cataclysm.
This got me wondering, does ability activate upon using those written spells: Holy Shock, Avenger's Shield, Templar's Verdict?
dixy1988
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:55 am

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:03 pm

dixy1988 wrote:I would like one of beta testers, who reached level 85, about ability Guardian of the Ancient Kings.
I noticed on MMO-Champion, description for it on http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/167 ... -Cataclysm.
This got me wondering, does ability activate upon using those written spells: Holy Shock, Avenger's Shield, Templar's Verdict?


No, that description looks like the severe artifacts of Bobo's datamining.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby tlitp » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:46 pm

Requesting again a level 85 data set :
  • any race
  • untalented (0/0/0)
  • naked
  • no buffs
Report from the character panel :
  • base stats (AGI/INT/STA/STR)
  • (total) AP and SP
  • (total) health pool and mana pool
  • (total) physical crit chance and spell crit chance

Thanks.
User avatar
tlitp
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby tullock » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:29 pm

That tooltip datamine for goak looks alot like an if/then, because it separates the spell based on the class defining talent when you pick holy/prot/ret, which is probably how it ended up being worded that way instead of says if holy its this if prot its that if ret its that.
User avatar
tullock
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:11 pm

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby amh » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:28 am

Blood Elf for the occasion.

Report from the character panel :
  • base stats:
  • Agi: 99
  • Stam: 156
  • Int: 109
  • Spirit: 112
  • Str: 161
  • AP: 557
  • SP: 99
  • health pool: 44665
  • mana pool: 24777
  • physical crit chance: 1.14%
  • spell crit chance: 3.50%
  • (mastery: 8.00)
I used to play a paladin.
User avatar
amh
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 am
Location: Oh hi

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:09 am

It may sound stupid but,is there a way to tinker with the built-in Power Auras lookalike? I just never found time to look around in the options.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11100
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:41 am

You can enable or disable it, and there's an alpha slider. That's all.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6831
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:42 am

KysenMurrin wrote:You can enable or disable it, and there's an alpha slider. That's all.


I don't even know where the option is to disable it =/
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11100
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby tinalt » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Question about the Al'Akir fight. Does he recognize people with a Thunderfury?

I always thought it was an awesome touch that Shade of Aran recognized people using Atiesh.

Ragnaros isn't in beta yet is he? If he is, does he recognize people with Sulfuras?
User avatar
tinalt
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:34 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby tlitp » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:33 am

tlitp wrote:Requesting again a level 85 data set :
  • any race
  • untalented (0/0/0)
  • naked
  • no buffs
Report from the character panel :
  • base stats (AGI/INT/STA/STR)
  • (total) AP and SP
  • (total) health pool and mana pool
  • (total) physical crit chance and spell crit chance

Thanks.

Interested in getting a data set matching this description from the latest beta build. Please note that the race must be Tauren and the level must be 85.
User avatar
tlitp
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby Phez » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:29 pm

Here's a naked 85 Tauren Paladin:

Report from the character panel :

* base stats (AGI: 93/INT: 102/STA: /STR: 169) SPI was 116
* (total) AP: 573 and SP: 92
* (total) health pool: 47387 and mana pool: 24672
* (total) physical crit chance: 1.11% and spell crit chance: 3.49%

Let us know what else we can help with.
Kierlyn - 85 Tankadin/Retadin
Lighthaven - 85 Feral Tank/Kitty
Gimbal - 85 Blood/Frost DK
Lots o' Alts
Phez
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:29 am
Location: Back in the states from Iraq

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby HollerTH » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:41 pm

I would like to know what the difficulty level is of heroics 5 mans and raids. I don't take Blizzards word to mean anything anymore because they seem to have a double speak problem. General forums from other sites seem to agree that the difficulty has gone back up but no details given in most cases, there is also the question of the quality of the players speaking.

Is it harder because classes are broken or everyone is in bad gear?
Is it similar to BC heroics pre or post nerf?
Does it appear that you wont be able to outgear instances to the point of ignoring fight mechanics, or at least not have that happen until much later in the expansion?

I will be building two new computers in the near future for my wife and I. She doesn't want to spend anymore than I have to get to get a basic system for her that will run the game better than her current computer (which isn't much). The issue is if endgame Cataclysm turns into endgame Wotlk I will need her to have a much more powerful system so we can find another game to play.
HollerTH
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:32 pm

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby Malthrax » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:22 am

HollerTH wrote:I would like to know what the difficulty level is of heroics 5 mans and raids. I don't take Blizzards word to mean anything anymore because they seem to have a double speak problem. General forums from other sites seem to agree that the difficulty has gone back up but no details given in most cases, there is also the question of the quality of the players speaking.

Is it harder because classes are broken or everyone is in bad gear?
Is it similar to BC heroics pre or post nerf?
Does it appear that you wont be able to outgear instances to the point of ignoring fight mechanics, or at least not have that happen until much later in the expansion?

I will be building two new computers in the near future for my wife and I. She doesn't want to spend anymore than I have to get to get a basic system for her that will run the game better than her current computer (which isn't much). The issue is if endgame Cataclysm turns into endgame Wotlk I will need her to have a much more powerful system so we can find another game to play.


"nolife basement dwellers" find the new instances challenging at first and then rapidly becoming lolfaceroll.
"Bads" find the new instances impossible at first and then go to the beta forums to complain.

"Reality" is somewhere in between those two extremes.
User avatar
Malthrax
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?