Remove Advertisements

Ask a beta tester thread

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby Loras » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Isn't WoG a targeted heal? ;0 You select a target, press the heal button, it heals the target.
Loras

Postby Warsadin » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:53 pm

It is a targeted heal. Even when healing yourself. The 3 points in there right now add another like 7% healing or something to WoG.
Warsadin

Postby pyrrhician » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:56 pm

Can anyone actually confirm that it does or does not work with seal of insight though?
pyrrhician

Postby Loras » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:09 am

It doesn't.
Loras

Fresh 80?

Postby Aanar » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:22 am

Does anyone have any idea how rough a fresh 80 (wotlk quest greens) will have it in the new zones?

It sounds like mobs hit hard, which worries me. I'm just trying to figure out if I should plan on spending time in dungeons to get a little gear when my DK & Sham hit 80 or just park them till cataclysm and enjoy the new ilvl 288 quest greens. They won't be the first chars I work on to 85 so if it takes a little longer, that's alright. I suppose if it's too rough, there will always be caty boe greens on the AH too.

Oh, do the quests start at level 78 like how you can start TBC quests at 58 and WotLK ones at 68?
Aanar

Postby Passionario » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:53 am

How often will I change gear between now and 85? As in, how many leg patches and enchant scrolls should I prepare?
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:34 am

Passionario wrote:How often will I change gear between now and 85? As in, how many leg patches and enchant scrolls should I prepare?

THey're looking at 2 gear gens between 80 and 85
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Re: Fresh 80?

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:35 am

Aanar wrote:Oh, do the quests start at level 78 like how you can start TBC quests at 58 and WotLK ones at 68?

No, not this time. Hit 80 before going to Vashj'ir/Hyjal.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:40 am

So far I've levelled from 80 to 83, through Vashj'ir and Deepholm. I started in 264 emblem/crafted gear and 251 ICC gear.

Around the middle of Deepholm gear started to look competitive with my ICC raid gear; I replaced my trinkets, neck, weapon, and (Frost emblem) belt with quest rewards and one dungeon drop (I think they're mostly ilevel 305). The level 83 Earthen Ring reputation legs, blue ilevel 333, were a clear upgrade over Pillars of Might.

So far I'd guess then that the 305-333 area (Deepholm and early dungeons, around level 83) is where you'll start finding upgrades if you're in the 264 region for gear. The level 85 gear is up to ilevel 359, so that'll be another step from there.

You should know, though, that there are now itemlevel requirements on some item enhancements. WotLK belt buckles can't be placed on gear over ilevel 300, for example. I'm not sure if others have a maximum, but all the new things (including gems) have minimums.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:43 am

KysenMurrin wrote:The level 83 Earthen Ring reputation legs, blue ilevel 333, were a clear upgrade over Pillars of Might.

!

Where is the Earthen Ring quartermaster!
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:44 am

KysenMurrin wrote:You should know, though, that there are now itemlevel requirements on some item enhancements. WotLK belt buckles can't be placed on gear over ilevel 300, for example. I'm not sure if others have a maximum, but all the new things (including gems) have minimums.

I was curious how they were going to do that.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:09 am

The quartermaster is in Silver Tide Hollow in Vashj'ir (a cave halfway up a pillar beside the giant shell in Shimmering Expanse). I'd tell you the name and stats but my client is now crashing at the end of the loading screen.

Edit: Deleting my cache worked.

Stone Wrapped Greaves
2737 Armor
248 Strength
401 Stamina
Red Socket
Blue Socket
+20 Parry bonus
138 Dodge rating
158 Parry rating

More armor, stamina, strength, and avoidance than my Pillars of Might (especially since they're eligible for Cataclysm gems).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Discus » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:37 am

Thanks testers - comprehensive answers as ever. Looks like I'll stop bothering running heroics for frost badges, use the existing badges I have for sellable items and try and make a bit of gold instead.

Presumably a lack of AoE farming opportunities and hard hitting solo mobs make ret the obvious spec to get through the dull 80-85 levelling period? Although I guess that would mean hitting 85 (when the fun starts for me) without a decent tanking set.
Discus

Postby Chicken » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:15 pm

This isn't really Prot Paladin related, but I figured I might as well ask here...

As I've been mentioning at random times ever since it was announced we'd be able to play as a Goblin, I'm going to reroll as one. I'm interested in playing as DPS and figured I'd go for something a bit closer to my usual character type chosen in RPG games. Basically, I'm interesting in going for either a Warlock or a Mage. Now there's one thing I should add, I absolutely loathe having to sit down and drink up my mana, which has always put me off of playing as a Mage the previous times I've tried the class, despite the fact that at the same time I've always found the idea of the class charming as it's the closest WoW has to a traditional RPG Wizard. I've never actually tried a Warlock, though I've played my Priest alt as Shadow from time to time and I rather liked the DoT based gameplay that offered.

Anyway, if anyone has tried out either class in Cataclysm I'd be interested in hearing their thoughts. Any kind of experiences you have are welcome from low to high levels.
Chicken

Postby Huon » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:50 pm

My 2nd main is actually a warlock !

They are in decent shape at the moment, I haven't tried affliction but demon is "ok". I personally feel like it got overcomplicated with no real benefits anymore (aka DP) and destro is almost as much fun and 1/4 of the difficulty to play it.

New 10 min Infernal/doomguard are great, new soulshard system made the USELESS soulshards HALF useful. Honestly its great not to carry those anymore, but they haven't exactly made them *an epic thing to use* like they wanted to. I basically NEVER use a shard besides summoning a pet. I guess in raids I will get TWO (lol) instant cast soulfires per fight...

So yea... not bad, but not as cool as they could be.
Huon

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm