Ask a beta tester thread

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby Kihra » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:54 am

Huon wrote:Totally silly build. I don't see any real changes. I would say bug fixes but I don't see any bugs fixed... there are actually more than before.

so, just a random update patch with nothing special, so far anyways. 450mb of nothingness :roll:

Random patch notes up front page.

This build has completely buggy Holy Power. If I build Holy Power using Hammer, Shield doesn't enable. But if I get to 3 HoPo, and then do a Crusader Strike, suddenly I can Shield of the Righteous without spending the Holy Power and can repeat that over and over. LOL.

The most important feature of this build, however, is that Hammer is back to clanging!
Kihra

Postby jere » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:39 pm

At what level are you able to learn the next crafting profession? In BC it was 50, and in WotLK it was 65. I am curious incase I need to level my alts farther while we wait.
jere

Postby tlitp » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:26 am

Does plate specialization grant a 6% spell hit bonus, in b12803 ? Do not bother to reply with blue posts and/or speculation. Thanks.
tlitp

Postby Chicken » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:41 am

tlitp wrote:Does plate specialization grant a 6% spell hit bonus, in b12803 ? Do not bother to reply with blue posts and/or speculation. Thanks.
It doesn't, but each spec has it's own passive spec bonus to provide (spell) hit. Prot gets 6% spell hit from Touched by the Light, Ret gets 6% spell hit from Sheath of Light, and Holy gets a spirit to hit rating conversion from Spiritual Focus. All in addition to existing effects.
Chicken

Postby Noradin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:08 am

Chicken wrote:
tlitp wrote:Does plate specialization grant a 6% spell hit bonus, in b12803 ? Do not bother to reply with blue posts and/or speculation. Thanks.
It doesn't, but each spec has it's own passive spec bonus to provide (spell) hit. Prot gets 6% spell hit from Touched by the Light, Ret gets 6% spell hit from Sheath of Light, and Holy gets a spirit to hit rating conversion from Spiritual Focus. All in addition to existing effects.

So... Any paladin that reaches level 10 gets a passive spell hit bonus?
Why do they keep our spells on spell hit and don't change them to melee hit already? Its not like other classes can use them anyway.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Huon » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:17 pm

jere wrote:At what level are you able to learn the next crafting profession? In BC it was 50, and in WotLK it was 65. I am curious incase I need to level my alts farther while we wait.

Good question, I can't think of a way to verify this as I used 80's copies... if you know of a way, I'll be glad to check it for you.

@tlitp, The answer you got is correct, you get 6% hit from Touched by the light as protection.
Huon

Postby jere » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Huon wrote:
jere wrote:At what level are you able to learn the next crafting profession? In BC it was 50, and in WotLK it was 65. I am curious incase I need to level my alts farther while we wait.

Good question, I can't think of a way to verify this as I used 80's copies... if you know of a way, I'll be glad to check it for you.

I was hoping the spell in the trainer book had a level requirement listed (when the trainer has it in their book prior to you learning it).
jere

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:51 am

This has probably been said already somewhere, but there are a ton of threads and I'm hoping to a direct quick answer.

Can you fly immediately in the old world once you install Cataclysm? Or is like BC and Wrath where you have to hit a certain level before you can fly there?

(I ask, because I'm not looking forward to leveling my alts for their gathering profs right off the bat.)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Chicken » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:54 am

On beta currently any level 80 characters can definitely fly without any special training or quests. Not sure about lower level characters though.
Chicken

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:00 am

Chicken wrote:On beta currently any level 80 characters can definitely fly without any special training or quests. Not sure about lower level characters though.

All my "important" alts are 80, so that works out. Thank you!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:15 am

I am pretty sure there is no level restriction... flying just no longer has the Outland/Northrend restriction.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:16 am

Also on that topic but not directly related: It seems like in areas marked as No Flying, your flying mount can now act as a ground mount. This may be a bug, but it's worth noting nonetheless. Jumping with a mount with no jumping animation looks reeeeeally silly. Especially when it's a giant frost drake thing.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Rasmfrackn » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:58 am

Sabindeus wrote:Also on that topic but not directly related: It seems like in areas marked as No Flying, your flying mount can now act as a ground mount. This may be a bug, but it's worth noting nonetheless. Jumping with a mount with no jumping animation looks reeeeeally silly. Especially when it's a giant frost drake thing.

Yeah, that part's hilarious, but very welcome. I've been sad about never getting a Headless Horseman's mount for years now because it was the only mount that I knew of (other than the glitter pony now) that can fly but also be cast in no-fly zones. So, now they all work like that and I'm relieved.

And on a similar note, why can't they actually CHANGE the nofly flag for wintergrasp when it's mid-fight? My mount macro doesn't know to use my chopper even though I can't cast my proto-drake... wtf is that.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:00 am

I thought they did fix that.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:09 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I thought they did fix that.

Not as of yesterday. Was in WG and I was relentlessly pounding my mount macro and trying to figure out why I wasn't able to ground mount up.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm