Remove Advertisements

Ask a beta tester thread

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby steadypal » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:40 am

KysenMurrin wrote:It's an issue of making both Ret and Prot work at the same time, I guess. Ret works in its current form, which means Crusader Strike as the regular Holy Power builder. They can't remove Ret's baseline Holy Power generator just so that it can become Prot's spammable filler spell, and they can't make Holy Power trivial for Prot by making the generator spammable.

easy give us a talent that removes CS cd,, problem solved for us... and make holy power only generated from hotr... see how easy that is to fix, ret is fine atm..
steadypal

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:01 pm

It's the "make Holy Power only generated from HotR" that's the problem, steadypal. It'd just be clunky as hell to have talents that swap your Holy Power from one ability to another (and you might wind up with a case where it's better to have both HotR and CS generating it for more ShoR). It needs an overall, baseline change to Prot rotations.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby theckhd » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:12 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:It's the "make Holy Power only generated from HotR" that's the problem, steadypal. It'd just be clunky as hell to have talents that swap your Holy Power from one ability to another (and you might wind up with a case where it's better to have both HotR and CS generating it for more ShoR). It needs an overall, baseline change to Prot rotations.

"Hammer of Righteousness - Hits for 300% weapon damage, cleaves to 2 other targets, and generates one holy power per use. Crusader Strike no longer generates Holy Power."

Done.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby heuvarius » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:29 pm

theckhd wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:It's the "make Holy Power only generated from HotR" that's the problem, steadypal. It'd just be clunky as hell to have talents that swap your Holy Power from one ability to another (and you might wind up with a case where it's better to have both HotR and CS generating it for more ShoR). It needs an overall, baseline change to Prot rotations.

"Hammer of Righteousness - Hits for 300% weapon damage, cleaves to 2 other targets, and generates one holy power per use. Crusader Strike no longer generates Holy Power."

Done.

HotR has become a very iconic ProtPal ability since it's inclusion in our talent tree. A lot of newer wotlk players I know see HoTR and AS as the class defining skill of a prot paladin. It would certainly be a good idea to see more use of it in Cata rather than relegating it to just an AoE filler.
Best looking Femtaur-din in the game.
heuvarius

Postby RedAces » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:44 am

hey,

theckhd wrote:

Done.

Ghostcrawler wrote:No more free AE

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby theckhd » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:12 pm

RedAces wrote:
Ghostcrawler wrote:No more free AE

Bye, RedAces.

I will believe that when he gives us something to fill the empty spots in our "rotation*" than AoE spells.

CS-Jud-X-CS-X-X-CS-ShoR-Jud-CS-X-X-....

Guess what we have to fill those X's?

Avenger's Shield / Grand Crusader procs (3 targets)
Holy Wrath (many targets)
Consecration (many targets)

"No free AoE" my ass.

In any event, that wasn't the point of my post. It was that it wouldn't be clunky at all to change which spell generates Holy Power. It takes one short sentence in one talent to do so.

*I use "rotation" very loosely, because after testing it yesterday, it feels less like a rotation than a boring clusterfuck of waiting for cooldowns.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby pyrrhician » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Can anyone confirm that the damage component of our taunt is now removed? If so, major sadface. I allways thought it was a super slick thing to be able to squeak out a little bit more dps/tps by using it when a mob targets another player for an ability, or when they arent targeting anyone at all(marrowgar, blood queen, etc). In addition to being amazing for pulling..
pyrrhician

Postby Rasmfrackn » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:01 pm

pyrrhician wrote:Can anyone confirm that the damage component of our taunt is now removed? If so, major sadface. I allways thought it was a super slick thing to be able to squeak out a little bit more dps/tps by using it when a mob targets another player for an ability, or when they arent targeting anyone at all(marrowgar, blood queen, etc). In addition to being amazing for pulling..

Confirmed, not just a tooltip change... I can't 1-shot cute little bunnies anymore.

And here damage on taunt is something I was hoping all tanks would get. It's super useful. I bet it's because they "gave" us 30 yard judgements...
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby steadypal » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:49 am

Rasmfrackn wrote:
pyrrhician wrote:Can anyone confirm that the damage component of our taunt is now removed? If so, major sadface. I allways thought it was a super slick thing to be able to squeak out a little bit more dps/tps by using it when a mob targets another player for an ability, or when they arent targeting anyone at all(marrowgar, blood queen, etc). In addition to being amazing for pulling..

Confirmed, not just a tooltip change... I can't 1-shot cute little bunnies anymore.

And here damage on taunt is something I was hoping all tanks would get. It's super useful. I bet it's because they "gave" us 30 yard judgements...

i wish the 2 talent points would have given us 30 yards AND +dmg, lol, and wtf just give prot instant exo back please :P
steadypal

Postby hoho » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:16 am

amh wrote:Do current spellpower-gems get converted to intellect? Do current intellect-gems get converted to spirit?
Gems remain as-is, can't check if there are new gems that give spellpower or not. Trinkets that had static spellpower have static int instead, mp5 procs staid as mp5 procs. Can't remember what happened to the ones with +mp5 unfortunately, I'll try to check when I log in tonight.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby celinos » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:02 am

Have devs commented on the changes to MD and tricks somewhere or is there some discussion on this site?

I'm just wondering if:

a) It was just generally considered OP to have perm threat boosts
b) There is a general trend toward making threat important again similar to the design goal for healing and mana
c) Neither a or b but something I don't know about.
celinos

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:33 am

celinos wrote:Have devs commented on the changes to MD and tricks somewhere or is there some discussion on this site?

Yes.
I'm just wondering if:

a) It was just generally considered OP to have perm threat boosts

Yes
b) There is a general trend toward making threat important again similar to the design goal for healing and mana

Yes
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby RedAces » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:39 am

hey,

Sabindeus wrote:
Celinos wrote:b) There is a general trend toward making threat important again similar to the design goal for healing and mana

Yes

Yeah, they want to implement a "threat decay" as soon as your threat lead becomes too high... no more information given at this point in time.

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby Chicken » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:48 am

Also on that note: The new MD and TotT play pretty well with Vengeance, they'll help temporarily give you some extra threat while your threat generation isn't at it's maximum potential yet.
Chicken

Postby Huon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:01 pm

Totally silly build. I don't see any real changes. I would say bug fixes but I don't see any bugs fixed... there are actually more than before.

so, just a random update patch with nothing special, so far anyways. 450mb of nothingness :roll:

Random patch notes up front page.
Huon

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm