Remove Advertisements

Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Snoogle » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Has anyone tried this? Laying down multiple Conc spots when specced into Hallowed Ground?
Snoogle
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:12 pm

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:39 pm

From what I understand, the first one just goes away.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10470
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Jtree » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Sabindeus wrote:From what I understand, the first one just goes away.


I watched my roommate use it on the beta, this is exactly what happened. Think of it like a shammy magma totem on live, he says.
Image
User avatar
Jtree
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:29 am
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Ruull » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Has anyone tried this? Laying down multiple Conc spots when specced into Hallowed Ground?


It functions like Jtree said you can also right click the buff (shows up under your character frame kinda like totems) to cancel the effect before the 45 seconds run out.
Ruull, Might - Turalyon - US
User avatar
Ruull
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Noradin » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:36 pm

So it is a special totem that cannot be destroyed by others?
ImageImage
Noradin
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:00 am

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Noradin wrote:So it is a special totem that cannot be destroyed by others?

Essentially, yes.
Image
The Seeker.
User avatar
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 4529
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 8:53 am
Location: Malorne

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Huon » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:24 pm

It ticks for nothing though.

Off the top of my head, Live consecration ticks are ~520, and on beta they are ~150.

They are definitely taking AoE down a notch !
Image
Huon
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:12 pm

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Loras » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:18 am

They said they want to remove the AoE nuke fest in Cata, but this seems like the dumbest way to do it. Not ineffective, just... dumb. Hi, guise, my lvl 30 consecration was ticking harder than my full epic lvl 85 consecration. Logical!
Image
User avatar
Loras
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:07 am

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Pizbit » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:15 am

Loras wrote:They said they want to remove the AoE nuke fest in Cata, but this seems like the dumbest way to do it. Not ineffective, just... dumb. Hi, guise, my lvl 30 consecration was ticking harder than my full epic lvl 85 consecration. Logical!


I for see an insane amount of pain trying to do 5mans and most trash between 4.0 and actual cataclysm launch. Yeah a short space of time most people wont be playing much, but still painful times as people try to aoe their way through wotlk heroics until launch.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:37 am

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby PsiVen » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:32 am

4.0 will either completely halt raiding and have everyone screwing around with older content, or have everyone slaughtering the Lich King with abandon. If 2.0/3.0 were any indication, 5-mans won't be that popular, but PvP will take off.

Your level 30 consecration was never ticking for 150, and after this change it will still be hitting harder at 85 than any other level, so what's the problem? AoE will feel nerfed across the board, not just ours.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4363
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby crabcrouton » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:35 pm

Consecration isn't serving the same function in Cat as it did in BC or LK. Before, it was a major slice of Paladin threat. It's now simply a tool to offset healing threat, which means ticking for 150 is all it needs to do. Focus firing on the tank's primary/secondary target(s) is going to be important, and simply would not be possible if Consecration isn't toned down.
crabcrouton
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:10 am

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Loras » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:40 pm

I am not questioning if it'll be enough to serve it's purpose or not, and I've never said it's a problem, read my post. I'm saying it's dumb.
Huon wrote:It ticks for nothing though.

Off the top of my head, Live consecration ticks are ~520, and on beta they are ~150.

They are definitely taking AoE down a notch !


Maybe it didn't tick for 150 on lvl 30 (metaphor, btw), but 350% decrease is dumb (repeating, dumb with 'how' they do it, not the reason 'why' they do it, the reason is fine).
Image
User avatar
Loras
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:07 am

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Passionario » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:17 pm

If "it's stupid but it works", then it's not really stupid.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
User avatar
Passionario
 
Posts: 3345
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Zacharia » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:51 am

Loras wrote:Maybe it didn't tick for 150 on lvl 30 (metaphor, btw), but 350% decrease is dumb (repeating, dumb with 'how' they do it, not the reason 'why' they do it, the reason is fine).

Metaphor -> Hyperbole

350% decrease is dumb, why? You give no reason. Your post is dumb.
Zacharia
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:33 am

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Chicken » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:57 am

Loras wrote:I am not questioning if it'll be enough to serve it's purpose or not, and I've never said it's a problem, read my post. I'm saying it's dumb.
Huon wrote:It ticks for nothing though.

Off the top of my head, Live consecration ticks are ~520, and on beta they are ~150.

They are definitely taking AoE down a notch !


Maybe it didn't tick for 150 on lvl 30 (metaphor, btw), but 350% decrease is dumb (repeating, dumb with 'how' they do it, not the reason 'why' they do it, the reason is fine).
It's likely they're looking at total damage rather than per tick damage; speaking untalented of course. The damage per tick is lowered due to the general AoE nerf, but also due to the fact that the duration has been made longer. The total damage per cast decrease is actually ~185% with your quoted numbers; or in other words the total damage is a bit less than halved.

Quicker aggro/damage is still typically better, but the total damage/aggro caused does make a difference and is likely how they picked the scaling number.
Image
User avatar
Chicken
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Next

Return to Cataclysm

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest