Remove Advertisements

Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Snoogle » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Has anyone tried this? Laying down multiple Conc spots when specced into Hallowed Ground?
Snoogle

Re: Multiple Conc w/ Hallowed Ground?

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:39 pm

From what I understand, the first one just goes away.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Jtree » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Sabindeus wrote:From what I understand, the first one just goes away.

I watched my roommate use it on the beta, this is exactly what happened. Think of it like a shammy magma totem on live, he says.
Jtree

Postby Ruull » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Has anyone tried this? Laying down multiple Conc spots when specced into Hallowed Ground?

It functions like Jtree said you can also right click the buff (shows up under your character frame kinda like totems) to cancel the effect before the 45 seconds run out.
Ruull, Might - Turalyon - US
Ruull

Postby Noradin » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:36 pm

So it is a special totem that cannot be destroyed by others?
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Noradin wrote:So it is a special totem that cannot be destroyed by others?

Essentially, yes.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Huon » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:24 pm

It ticks for nothing though.

Off the top of my head, Live consecration ticks are ~520, and on beta they are ~150.

They are definitely taking AoE down a notch !
Huon

Postby Loras » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:18 am

They said they want to remove the AoE nuke fest in Cata, but this seems like the dumbest way to do it. Not ineffective, just... dumb. Hi, guise, my lvl 30 consecration was ticking harder than my full epic lvl 85 consecration. Logical!
Loras

Postby Pizbit » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:15 am

Loras wrote:They said they want to remove the AoE nuke fest in Cata, but this seems like the dumbest way to do it. Not ineffective, just... dumb. Hi, guise, my lvl 30 consecration was ticking harder than my full epic lvl 85 consecration. Logical!

I for see an insane amount of pain trying to do 5mans and most trash between 4.0 and actual cataclysm launch. Yeah a short space of time most people wont be playing much, but still painful times as people try to aoe their way through wotlk heroics until launch.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby PsiVen » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:32 am

4.0 will either completely halt raiding and have everyone screwing around with older content, or have everyone slaughtering the Lich King with abandon. If 2.0/3.0 were any indication, 5-mans won't be that popular, but PvP will take off.

Your level 30 consecration was never ticking for 150, and after this change it will still be hitting harder at 85 than any other level, so what's the problem? AoE will feel nerfed across the board, not just ours.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby crabcrouton » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:35 pm

Consecration isn't serving the same function in Cat as it did in BC or LK. Before, it was a major slice of Paladin threat. It's now simply a tool to offset healing threat, which means ticking for 150 is all it needs to do. Focus firing on the tank's primary/secondary target(s) is going to be important, and simply would not be possible if Consecration isn't toned down.
crabcrouton

Postby Loras » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:40 pm

I am not questioning if it'll be enough to serve it's purpose or not, and I've never said it's a problem, read my post. I'm saying it's dumb.
Huon wrote:It ticks for nothing though.

Off the top of my head, Live consecration ticks are ~520, and on beta they are ~150.

Maybe it didn't tick for 150 on lvl 30 (metaphor, btw), but 350% decrease is dumb (repeating, dumb with 'how' they do it, not the reason 'why' they do it, the reason is fine).
Loras

Postby Passionario » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:17 pm

If "it's stupid but it works", then it's not really stupid.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Zacharia » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:51 am

Loras wrote:Maybe it didn't tick for 150 on lvl 30 (metaphor, btw), but 350% decrease is dumb (repeating, dumb with 'how' they do it, not the reason 'why' they do it, the reason is fine).

Metaphor -> Hyperbole

350% decrease is dumb, why? You give no reason. Your post is dumb.
Zacharia

Postby Chicken » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:57 am

Loras wrote:I am not questioning if it'll be enough to serve it's purpose or not, and I've never said it's a problem, read my post. I'm saying it's dumb.
Huon wrote:It ticks for nothing though.

Maybe it didn't tick for 150 on lvl 30 (metaphor, btw), but 350% decrease is dumb (repeating, dumb with 'how' they do it, not the reason 'why' they do it, the reason is fine).
It's likely they're looking at total damage rather than per tick damage; speaking untalented of course. The damage per tick is lowered due to the general AoE nerf, but also due to the fact that the duration has been made longer. The total damage per cast decrease is actually ~185% with your quoted numbers; or in other words the total damage is a bit less than halved.

Quicker aggro/damage is still typically better, but the total damage/aggro caused does make a difference and is likely how they picked the scaling number.
Chicken

Next

Return to Cataclysm