Remove Advertisements

Patch 4.0 and ICC

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Patch 4.0 and ICC

Postby Vrimmel » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:59 am

Does anyone know what changes will happen and what the difficulty level is like?
Vrimmel

Re: Patch 4.0 and ICC

Postby Belloc » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:55 pm

We'll be putting out a ton more DPS, so bosses will die faster. I don't think the healer spell mana costs take effect until 81 (I could be wrong), so healer mana will be fine. And, in all honest, tanking should be fine too. ICC will be getting easier.
Belloc

Postby Adryl » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:04 pm

I agree only to somewhat disagree. Yes dps has (should, depending on player) increased. But on my Holy Pally, I had hell keeping mana. It may have been just me but I went in H PoS and went OOM on Garfrost 1/2 through (granted it may have been b/c the dps was not all there in which I head to heal constantly). Plus I hear a lot of tanks crying about threat. More DPS + Less Threat = wipes.
Adryl

Postby Belloc » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:28 pm

Adryl wrote:I agree only to somewhat disagree. Yes dps has (should, depending on player) increased. But on my Holy Pally, I had hell keeping mana. It may have been just me but I went in H PoS and went OOM on Garfrost 1/2 through (granted it may have been b/c the dps was not all there in which I head to heal constantly). Plus I hear a lot of tanks crying about threat. More DPS + Less Threat = wipes.

Guild's pally hasn't run out of mana yet. I tried to find out why, but he was offline :P

Also, threat is only an issue for people still relearning how to play. It's not that bad.
Belloc

Postby Adryl » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:46 pm

I give up. I'll be able to test it out Saturday night (I am work and I work 3 14 hour shifts in a row don't exactly have time for WoW there lol). It may be from relearning and hating the change to Holy Light and the new Divine Light. Now for my threat, at first I had issues. By the end of the night, cake.
Adryl

Postby Talaii » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:34 pm

I noticed a couple of differences:

Frost breath on sindragosa lasts 1:30 now, up from about 1:05. This is long enough that unless you get lucky with resists, it'll last over the air phase, and you'll get an extra stack reliably in the next ground phase.

Mystic buffet now lasts 10 seconds, up from 8. This means the recast is at 4 seconds left on the duration. Still only have to LoS one pulse.
Talaii

Postby Boyfriend » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:58 pm

Noticed that healing on Hc LK is alot more iffy with infest, due to the general lack of AE healing abilities and nerfs to shields. We're thinking of going with 6 healers on the next raid as infest was eating us alive.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:13 am

Boyfriend wrote:Noticed that healing on Hc LK is alot more iffy with infest, due to the general lack of AE healing abilities and nerfs to shields. We're thinking of going with 6 healers on the next raid as infest was eating us alive.

This caused some problems for us aswell, we were just not prepared for it at first.
Most people having problem seeing the shadowtraps didnt help eather (same with halion)
Deathwhisper was interesting when you couldnt see their nameplates, however theres a macro you can make to "fix" that issue atm.

The king in the frostmourne room wasnt in the center of the room eather, not that it did any differance but annoying (could be annoying tho if your trying to run "around" him, since theres constant explosions at his place)

(not only for ICC)
Corpse running on the ghost mount is slower than running without the ghostmount.
Seems they removed (unintentionally im guessing) its movementspeed, and your now "flying" with normal runspeed (ghost runspeed is increased by 50% or smth, but on the ghostmount its not)
Sometimes when releaseing before the boss resets, you can spawn alive at the graveyard instead.
And when flying on the ghostmount and you get a ress, you get ressed outside on your ghostmount, only that the mount isnt there anymore, and you fall to your death.
Treck

Postby Belloc » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:12 am

Boyfriend wrote:Noticed that healing on Hc LK is alot more iffy with infest, due to the general lack of AE healing abilities and nerfs to shields. We're thinking of going with 6 healers on the next raid as infest was eating us alive.

Disc priests stacking mastery should be doing as well as they were pre-patch. At least, that's what I'm hearing.
Belloc

Postby Pala » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:30 am

I would say boss fights definitely seemed easier. I lost control of some trash on the way to the Plague bosses. But Saurfang hit for 10k melee and Festergut hit for 17k. That is the average and included cooldowns but tank dps on Festergut went up 4k each I'd guess.
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby Arianne » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:42 am

Sindragosa seems to be hitting a lot harder even aside from the lost armor. I'm not looking forwards to HLK attempts... /sigh I've heard that Halion is randomly bugging (turning to cast combustion and flame breathing the raid or enraging in 2 mins or crazy stuff like that).
Arianne

Postby Adryl » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:57 am

Now I did not experience this but my friend ventured into ICC 10 last night and went 11/12 (people had to leave) in a PUG. Bosses were dropping within 2-3 minutes. Recount showed avg dps was 11k (not including healers and tanks). So yes ICC is MUCH easier.
Adryl

Postby inthedrops » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Adryl wrote:Now I did not experience this but my friend ventured into ICC 10 last night and went 11/12 (people had to leave) in a PUG. Bosses were dropping within 2-3 minutes. Recount showed avg dps was 11k (not including healers and tanks). So yes ICC is MUCH easier.

I think everything is easier but LK is a little bit harder (at least the heroic version).
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:05 pm

Arianne wrote:Sindragosa seems to be hitting a lot harder even aside from the lost armor. I'm not looking forwards to HLK attempts... /sigh I've heard that Halion is randomly bugging (turning to cast combustion and flame breathing the raid or enraging in 2 mins or crazy stuff like that).

Halion has always had bugs with his enrage... I've always assumed they were related to him not properly resetting his enrage timer on wipes, sometimes.

More worrisome about halion is the lack of ground detail on the AOEs. And some people cannot see cutters :P

Personally, I wish I could've seen the Putricide bug (throwing a malleable at every single person at range, lol).
Belloc

Postby Xequecal » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:21 pm

All the bosses hitting so hard comes from the fact that the AP debuffs are gone. The AP debuffs cut about 20% off boss physical damage, you just never noticed before because they were always up. Now with bosses doing 20% more raw damage and top-geared tanks having about 9,000 less armor, it really sucks. Heroic Lich King is hitting for over 80k unblocked at the end of P1 with high plague siphon, it's pretty ridiculous.
Xequecal

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel